Are you losing interest in the NFL ?

HOUSE

Lost interest?  Hell, no!  The Bills are an excellent team and look to be a contender for the next decade!  Everything pro football is interesting now.

I could see New England fans pretending it's no longer interesting, that the NFL has somehow changed.  But this is a great time for any long time Bills fans!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’d say this SB was less interesting because there was no evil villain to be slayed imo

There were no marquee players on both teams...the only exception being Donald.   Recent super bowls have had the darlings of media in Brady, Mahomes,  participating in the super bowl.   Not this time

Just now, Einstein's Dog said:

Lost interest?  Hell, no!  The Bills are an excellent team and look to be a contender for the next decade!  Everything pro football is interesting now.

I could see New England fans pretending it's no longer interesting, that the NFL has somehow changed.  But this is a great time for any long time Bills fans!!

Circling the Wagons.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Serious question. Was there ever an era or year where you thought officiating by the NFL was good?

Yes.. just an opinion, but growing up and watching both the AFL and NFL  in the sixties, early seventies,do not recall anything close to the dialogue fans have now about the officiating.. it was kind of "seen and not heard".. 

I’ve never had more interest in the NFL…it’s really the only sport I follow these days…and when has it ever been a better time to be a Bills fan?  We have stable ownership and a 25-year old quarterback who is already the best player in the league and has the potential to be the best ever…

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

No,  it's the opposite.  I have lost much of my interest in NHL, MLB, NCAA Hoops....zero interest in NBA.   

So basically my interest in the NFL is at an all time high and I'm bummed out that we basically have 6 months of nothing.

I'm with this opinion - I don't really watch *any* other sports (ok, skate and snowboarding because work, but not like, any other stick and ball sports), so the NFL, nay, the Buffalo Bills is really it for me.

I follow the league closely, at the beginning of the season I'll watch game after game.  By about week 3 I'm in just Buffalo Bills mode though!

I'm currently trying to work out some sort of a hyperbolic chamber I can hop into until Draft Day...

• Like (+1) 2

DVR and mute bottom has vastly improve watching the NFL for me.

Start watching an hour or so in and can avoid pre-game, halftime shlock, nauseating ads and insufferable announcers.

…..only caveat is no phone checking. Which is not a problem for me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I agree with Kidd_4 - 

"Over officiated, watered down product. ....., it’s becoming a reality show instead of a sport. And i feel like with the NFL hand in the pot with legal gambling it’s only gonna get worse."

Too many years of watching New England get away with so many penalties while their opponents get called for BS and the outcome of games clearly decided by officiating.  The NFL is just a richer and more sophisticated version of the WWE.  Like Goodell says, they're not in the sporting industry as much as they are the entertainment industry. 

I used to go to 2 (or more) games a year, play fantasy football, and invest a lot of money on merchandise but not anymore, just can't invest in a crooked product. 

• Like (+1) 3

Living in Denver for a long time, I have become a Broncos fan as well, mostly because the Bills could never get their act together.  After the Broncos won the SB in 2015, I kind of lost interest in football for a few seasons.... probably filled that void from 91-95 series of sadness... 

Then Josh Allen became a Bill.  Faith restored.  

Now the Broncos are circa 2000-2016 "Billsy".... LOL

I hope I lose interest again after Josh Allen bringing one home... but I doubt it, too much fun to be part of!

Here's hoping!

Edited by B-Large

I have more interest than ever maybe.  I have an appreciation for NFL history now too and there is so much great stuff out there from the 50s-on.

Its wonderful that the Bills are relevant and a part of the league.  It no longer feels like I am watching something my favorite team has become untethered to.

The sport itself is highly entertaining.  It actually seems to be entering somewhat of a Golden Era with all these ridiculous young quarterbacks. 

Absolutely not.

I love the game of football. I will watch college football from sun up to sundown, and I will do the same with NFL football.

Although I don't go out of my way to watch Thursday night football.

I agree with several other posters here when they say it was different when I was a kid. The anticipation and build-up for every weekend was thrilling, and what was going to happen on Monday night. Unlike the other team sports, where you could watch them all the time, with football, you had to wait all week to see the next games. It was fun.

It still is fun, yet as I've gotten older I am not as savvy as I used to be. Yet I still have fun watching the games and have just as much fun going to the games.

Now I will admit that there are things that have been going on lately that do turn me off. The over officiating. The pussification of quarterbacks. Players celebrating after they make a tackle. Unbearable studio analysts who think they are funny.

The political and social justice crap that the NFL force feeds us. All of that has taken a toll on the game.

I will continue to watch, because I still love the game of football. It's entertaining and fun, and that's what it's all about.

1 hour ago, blitzboy54 said:

I think there is still a lot of postpartum depression after the way we lost at KC. This should have been the year and after watching Championship and SB it is obvious to me the Bills would have won. 

This was the case for me….sucked the interest out of the rest of the playoffs and SB …. 

Didn’t really care who won the SB, and of course the refs had their typical impact on the game..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.