Are you losing interest in the NFL ?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It's a very valid questions and I would have been curious what those 30 reasons were.

For me it's a double edged sword. I love the game of football. I love the history of the NFL. I have suffered through for so long for Buffalo to field a great team with a centerpiece like Josh Allen that there is no chance I can step watching now. 

However, yes...it's getting harder to watch a game owned by billionaires that seem above the law. Seeing the game being priced out of a traditional middle class family budget. In no other sport is the Championship game aimed at people who don't really even follow the sport. And I won't even discuss the officiating.

Even shows about the NFL have less and less to do with football and seem more like the nightly news. Domestic Violence, COVID, fatal DWI/manslaughter...list goes on and on. Remeber when football was an escape for a few hours from the real world issues? 

I watch the Bills now. I pay attention to the other games but no longer "need" to see the late Sunday, Monday or Thursday games that don't involve Buffalo. Maybe it's the above mentioned stuff or maybe it may age my own priority list has changed...but football isn't as important as it used to be.

+1.  I go to a few home games,  but other times don't even watch.  Just multi-task, follow Bills GameCast on ESPN.com, etc...

Even during SuperBowl,  I went grocery shopping at end of 1st quarter and still made it home for 1/2 time show.  And I wasn't glued to TV until maybe when Rams got a free set of downs on ticky-tackyness.  Ironic? 😆 

I sit down and the flags and offsetting BS starts! 😆🤣😂

How history repeats itself 40 years later:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No not at all. Now that the Bills are a legit Super Bowl contender I would say I am as interested as ever. It sucked during those 17 playoff less seasons but even then I was always as a diehard fan. I could do without the social issues and politics the NFL tries to shove down our throat but otherwise I love the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If it's true, this idiot owner tried it and the coach refused him. As would any coach, I think. It's not in their interest.

No. I'm losing a bit of interest but it has nothing to do with Ross and everything to do with becoming more of a Buffalo fan than an NFL fan as I get older. I watched the Super Bowl but I just didn't much care.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, clayboy54 said:

Wouldn't it be so very Billzy to have everyone completely lose interest in the NFL just as the Bills are ready to win the Big One? Just our luck! (Right?)

Buffalo isn't LA when it comes to football. LA is weak with a phony fair weather fanbase. Buffalo is a football mad city with some of the best fans in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is my interest the same as it was 10-20-30 years ago? No. I watch Bills games, but other than that it's mainly just background noise if I'm doing things around the house. I surely don't make any plans around or for specific games anymore like I used to when I was younger. Especially when my kids came along, who are now 16 & 14, priorities in how I have spent my time definitely shifted. My love for the Bills has always remained, but the way I view the rest of the NFL has changed a lot over the years.  

• Like (+1) 6

No, now that the Bills have JOsh and are good, I am hooked.  But I did think that the Superbowl as really just a boring Sunday 4pm game.  I do feel the real action was on the AFC side.  Those games were exciting and gave fans what they are looking for ... high scoring games, intrigue, 13 second comebacks, etc ...  This years Superbowl was a polished turd.  But I still watched it.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I wrote this long thread naming over 30 reasons why I am losing interest in the NFL but I deleted the entire non coherent mess because the issues are all to obvious.

Should we find out that an NFL owner truly attempted to pay a coach to lose then all credibility is lost. IMO

Are you losing interest and what are your issues with the NFL ?

Rants are welcome here...image.png.8fc3a149373bccb7e1fb8776e0915cbf.png

Only a Bills fan would lose interest in the NFL right when the team has finally become good!  So Billsy!  😃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

I've been a Bills fan for over 50 years. I've invested too much of my heart and soul in this team to quit now. Yes the NFL is a corrupt league and there's very little we can do about it. Games can get steered in any direction. There were 5.5 billion reasons why the Rams were gently assisted at the end of the game. It's been a fun yet exhausting ride rooting for this team. Gotta see it thru. Gotta keep believing even if it seems daunting. God can't be that cruel.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.