Growing speculation that Stephen Ross might be forced to sell Dolphins(EDIT: Has succession plan in place to cede controlling interest to Bruce Beal if need be)

Big Turk

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

"don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." Judge Judy Sheindlin

lol I admire that woman she has brass somethings. 🙂

m 

She'd be getting a pay cut from last job but I'd like her to take over for Roger Goodell while he is serving time for accepting bribe from Krafty.

Some team would give her a BS story about taping for a program and she would suspend executive for attempting such a story.

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

We already went through this and we're in a loop now. In the end, you said Ross has better lawyers and will get any civil lawsuit dismissed. While I agree the chance of civil lawsuit is low, I wouldn't claim 100% any lawsuit will be tossed out.

No need to repeat the whole thing again, you can go through the posts yesterday. Anyway, glad we agree on the criminal charge lawsuit part and agree to disagree on whether all civil lawsuit will be 100% tossed out.

I'm only asking because you didn't answer the simple question--who will sue and what will thy sue for?  What would be a claim or damages?

Mike Florio speculation on Teflon Tom switching from sideline to owner's box.

Could Tom Brady become minority owner of the Dolphins?

https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/could-tom-brady-become-minority-owner-of-the-dolphins

If Stephen Ross steps out, Bruce Beal most likely steps in (and possibly Tom Brady, as a minority owner)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/17/if-stephen-ross-steps-out-bruce-beal-most-likely-steps-in-and-possibly-tom-brady-as-a-minority-owner/

Regardless of when Beal gets the team, one name to watch will be Tom Brady. There’s a lingering belief that Beal’s acquisition of the Dolphins would be followed by Beal selling a sliver of it to Brady. As Brady’s fortune continues to grow, he could potentially secure controlling ownership of the Dolphins or maybe buy some other team.

Natural for a team whose owner may step down due to cheating for the GOAT Cheater to become partial owner I guess.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm only asking because you didn't answer the simple question--who will sue and what will thy sue for?  What would be a claim or damages?

I answered you that there are people making strange lawsuit for whatever reasons they can find, either they have too much time or they try to make a name of themselves. For example, the 6 billion lawsuit against Jets and Giants for using "New York" or a 5 million lawsuit again NFL from a Saints season ticker holder for “expecting the Saints would be capable of competitively fielding a contending team comprised of the finest athletes, and the best coaches, under contract...or available to them through normal trades and draft choices, without dictatorial, unreasonable, vindictive, and unfounded, interference.

Someone can easily do similar things to file a lawsuit against Ross like claiming something like the above Saints fan lawsuit or claiming suspicious betting line, etc. I already say this kind of lawsuit has low chance but I wouldn't go ahead to say all of this kind of lawsuits will be 100% dismissed. Hey, there is no 100% guarantee in court even if you're the best of the best.

Anyway, it's good that we finally agree on the criminal charge lawsuit part and for whether all civil lawsuit will be 100% tossed out, we will agree to disagree.

On 2/15/2022 at 1:26 AM, Big Turk said:

Apparently many think the investigation will find Flores claims are true that he offered him $100K per loss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/storm-clouds-gather-stephen-ross-194014685.html

EDIT:

Plan in place to cede control to Bruce Beal if he has too...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-ross-forced-bruce-beal-013429692.html

Cancel culture what it is in the US these days, the claims might not even need to be true.

5 hours ago, syhuang said:

I answered you that there are people making strange lawsuit for whatever reasons they can find, either they have too much time or they try to make a name of themselves. For example, the 6 billion lawsuit against Jets and Giants for using "New York" or a 5 million lawsuit again NFL from a Saints season ticker holder for “expecting the Saints would be capable of competitively fielding a contending team comprised of the finest athletes, and the best coaches, under contract...or available to them through normal trades and draft choices, without dictatorial, unreasonable, vindictive, and unfounded, interference.

Someone can easily do similar things to file a lawsuit against Ross like claiming something like the above Saints fan lawsuit or claiming suspicious betting line, etc. I already say this kind of lawsuit has low chance but I wouldn't go ahead to say all of this kind of lawsuits will be 100% dismissed. Hey, there is no 100% guarantee in court even if you're the best of the best.

Anyway, it's good that we finally agree on the criminal charge lawsuit part and for whether all civil lawsuit will be 100% tossed out, we will agree to disagree.

yeah anyone can file a suit.  At least the Jets guy is claiming damages.  The suit will get tossed. 

no one can claim Ross’s bribe altered any games so there really wouldn’t be a basis for a suit.  

I never disagreed that if Flores claims are true, Ross is exposed to criminal charges.  Not sure why you keep repeating that. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah anyone can file a suit.  At least the Jets guy is claiming damages.  The suit will get tossed. 

no one can claim Ross’s bribe altered any games so there really wouldn’t be a basis for a suit.  

I never disagreed that if Flores claims are true, Ross is exposed to criminal charges.  Not sure why you keep repeating that. 

So we do agree on the criminal charge lawsuit part and, for whether all civil lawsuit will be 100% tossed out, we will agree to disagree.

• 1 month later...

As long as Ross & Beal are equally bad owners I’m okay with it,😁👍

On 2/15/2022 at 7:33 AM, Rew said:

So the NFL can subpoena individuals to testify in their investigations?  Come on, it's the NFL not some underground society secretly taking over the world.

In order for such a subpoena to happen, Flores' case will have to go to trial (it won't) and his lawyers would have to make a case on the relevancy of such a witness.  The situation with Flores and Miami does not seem to have anything supporting a racial bias claim, unless there were racial undertones to the overall relationship that the witness could testify to. The actual offer to pay him per loss is more of a character framing on Ross and does little to support his suit.

I think he's saying if congress takes an interest in the alleged pay to lose  and how it undermines the gambling aspects that they can subpoena  

those witnesses.  If there's enough political interest then it could put the anti trust exemption in danger of getting revoked.  

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I think he's saying if congress takes an interest in the alleged pay to lose  and how it undermines the gambling aspects that they can subpoena  

those witnesses.  If there's enough political interest then it could put the anti trust exemption in danger of getting revoked.  

There won't be.  Political suicide.  Remember all the political interest in Spygate?  No?  There was none.  It was crazy old Arlen Specter on a solo mission to get anyone interested in Congress.  Zero takers.  Turns out that Specter was just carrying the water for Comcast, one of his biggest contributors that was in the middle of a beef with the NFL.

Congress won't kill the NFL by eliminating the anti trust exemption.  Lok at MLB--they have experienced major cheating and doping scandals.  The latter resulted in players getting hauled in front of Congress for......nothing.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There won't be.  Political suicide.  Remember all the political interest in Spygate?  No?  There was none.  It was crazy old Arlen Specter on a solo mission to get anyone interested in Congress.  Zero takers.  Turns out that Specter was just carrying the water for Comcast, one of his biggest contributors that was in the middle of a beef with the NFL.

Congress won't kill the NFL by eliminating the anti trust exemption.  Lok at MLB--they have experienced major cheating and doping scandals.  The latter resulted in players getting hauled in front of Congress for......nothing.

I tend to agree with it being unlikely but there's alot of the good old boy networking in the government too.   So sometimes some of these brouhahas are probably staged so all the good ol boys get what they want.   

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I tend to agree with it being unlikely but there's alot of the good old boy networking in the government too.   So sometimes some of these brouhahas are probably staged so all the good ol boys get what they want.   

The Hill has always shown interest in NFL.  Those in areas with teams got involved when teams would not show games locally in stadiums often martially funded by tax dollars.  Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania got involved when Goodell talked with him Beli-cheat has been taping signals since he became head coach in New England. 

https://playground.wissports.net/post/bill-bilicheat-9350887?&trail=15

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The Hill has always shown interest in NFL.  Those in areas with teams got involved when teams would not show games locally in stadiums often martially funded by tax dollars.  Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania got involved when Goodell talked with him Beli-cheat has been taping signals since he became head coach in New England. 

https://playground.wissports.net/post/bill-bilicheat-9350887?&trail=15

He was the only one.  The rest of Congress yawned. 

On 2/19/2022 at 12:39 PM, muppy said:

"don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." Judge Judy Sheindlin

lol I admire that woman she has brass somethings. 🙂

m 

My friend who lived in the Bronx actually had her as his judge in family court back in the day before she became famous. 

Said she was actually nice and nothing like she is on her show and that it's probably her "schtick" for TV

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.