Growing speculation that Stephen Ross might be forced to sell Dolphins(EDIT: Has succession plan in place to cede controlling interest to Bruce Beal if need be)

Big Turk

Apparently many think the investigation will find Flores claims are true that he offered him $100K per loss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/storm-clouds-gather-stephen-ross-194014685.html

EDIT:

Plan in place to cede control to Bruce Beal if he has too...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-ross-forced-bruce-beal-013429692.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Growing speculation that Stephen Ross might be forced to sell Dolphins
5 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Flores better have proof. If not, he might want to start making some calls to FBS schools for any job openings.

His lawyers say he has corroborating witnesses. The question of course is whether they are willing to risk their careers speaking out? The NFL tends to close ranks on perceived trouble makers even if they are justified. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Flores better have proof. If not, he might want to start making some calls to FBS schools for any job openings.

I've read Flores has a credible witness to this offer from inside the organization, and that's what emboldened him to come forward with the accusation.

Nobody would be speculating a billionaire could be forced to sell his business if it was known to be a "your word against his" type situation.

• Like (+1) 2

They're might be something to this as it's a headline on the NFL's official website.  He shouldn't be forced to sell the team if Flores has no proof.  The reality is though that with gambling becoming another money maker for the NFL the thought of an owner paying a coach to tank (even if there's no evidence) may be enough for the NFL to force Ross to sell the team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His lawyers say he has corroborating witnesses. The question of course is whether they are willing to risk their careers speaking out? The NFL tends to close ranks on perceived trouble makers even if they are justified. 

That's where the subpoenas come in.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Flores’s lawyers can subpoena them, in which case they will have to testify.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Apparently many think the investigation will find Flores claims are true that he offered him $100K per loss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/storm-clouds-gather-stephen-ross-194014685.html

I like this, for the overall NFL; however, as a diehard Buffalo Bills fan, I want unsteady ships in the AFC East Bay. Let Allen's cannon sink them all! That's my unabashedly Bills-centric take.

26 minutes ago, mannc said:

Flores’s lawyers can subpoena them, in which case they will have to testify.

So the NFL can subpoena individuals to testify in their investigations?  Come on, it's the NFL not some underground society secretly taking over the world.

In order for such a subpoena to happen, Flores' case will have to go to trial (it won't) and his lawyers would have to make a case on the relevancy of such a witness.  The situation with Flores and Miami does not seem to have anything supporting a racial bias claim, unless there were racial undertones to the overall relationship that the witness could testify to. The actual offer to pay him per loss is more of a character framing on Ross and does little to support his suit.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally, I feel like Flores is committing career suicide by pursuing this lawsuit.  I have little doubt that he has some type of evidence to back up his claims. Going up against the giant that is the NFL, even WITH evidence he's fighting an uphill, severely lopsided battle IMO.  And why?  He must really be finished coaching in the NFL, because I find it very difficult to believe another team will give him an opportunity after this.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.