Cover 1 Salary Cap Spectacular!

TheyCallMeAndy

14 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

What were their suggestions on the roster based on the cap?

Trying to remember as much as I can but I might miss a few things...

-They left the big potential restructures alone (White, Dawkins, Poyer, Hyde) but available if necessary 

-Talked extension for Morse, Knox, Diggs, and possibly Edmunds to lower cap hit...but were ok leaving Edmunds alone and letting it play out...

-Keep Beasley, but try for a pay cut

-Either cut Klein, Matakevich, or get them to take pay cuts

-Hughes, Addison, Butler gone...

All in all, they ended up with about $28 million in cap space...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

-They left the big potential restructures alone (White, Dawkins, Poyer, Hyde) but available if necessary 

-Talked extension for Morse, Knox, Diggs, and possibly Edmunds to lower cap hit...but were ok leaving Edmunds alone and letting it play out...

$28M can go a long way if structured well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Many thanks for the summary

Can you remember if they said anything about our FA?  Harrison Phillips, Levi Wallace, Siran Neal (fasted guy on the team), Justin Zimmer, Ryan "Rick" Bates, and Isaiah McKenzie would be a few of interest to me.

54 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I think Jerry stays. Just a gut feeling. And I think he'd stay on a vet minimum with incentives built in. 

I think Jerry is gone unless it is a HUGE pay cut

I was there for the segment.

Two things I think people should brace for

- Players we love are going to be gone...they will be asked to take pay cuts and some will and some wont

- We are not going to be huge players in free agency

- Get ready for the "biuld through the draft model"

One thing I am hoping for is they use youth to fill special teams and stop paying this huge money to special teams players...the way the rules are set up nowadays for ST's really should drive us that direction.   Use that money on important places like Yac monsters, and the lines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I appreciate the summary from everyone.

I think the most difficult part to project is the progress players like Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Doyle and Brown will make.  It makes departing with Addison, Hughes much easier, if they make nice leaps.  I think they all will grow and perform better... just a matter of how much.

I agree with needing a playmaker/game changer on offense and IDL and IOL upgrades.

6 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I appreciate the summary from everyone.

I think the most difficult part to project is the progress players like Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Doyle and Brown will make.  It makes departing with Addison, Hughes much easier, if they make nice leaps.  I think they all will grow and perform better... just a matter of how much.

I agree with needing a playmaker/game changer on offense and IDL and IOL upgrades.

Calais Campbell is my free agency target for the DL. Similar to other free agent DL they've acquired or tried to acquire in that he's multiple, can play inside and out. Close relationship with Rousseau. He'd be so good for the young DL we have. Plus he's still a very good football player that would add toughness and stoutness upfront.

• Like (+1) 6

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Many thanks for the summary

Can you remember if they said anything about our FA?  Harrison Phillips, Levi Wallace, Siran Neal (fasted guy on the team), Justin Zimmer, Ryan "Rick" Bates, and Isaiah McKenzie would be a few of interest to me.

-Harrison Phillips they sign

-Wallace they let test the market- but are open to bringing him back if nothing materializes (Same for Lil Dirty, I believe)

-Bates’ tender (RFA?) is picked up- don’t remember what level

Im sure I got something wrong...😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

-Harrison Phillips they sign

-Wallace they let test the market- but are open to bringing him back if nothing materializes (Same for Lil Dirty, I believe)

-Bates’ tender (RFA?) is picked up- don’t remember what level

Im sure I got something wrong...😉

Thanks.  Something will materialize for Wallace, I'm sure of it.

Remember anything about Justin Zimmer?

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Calais Campbell is my free agency target for the DL. Similar to other free agent DL they've acquired or tried to acquire in that he's multiple, can play inside and out. Close relationship with Rousseau. He'd be so good for the young DL we have. Plus he's still a very good football player that would add toughness and stoutness upfront.

He's been a guy I've penciled in as the 9th DL..........a backup to Phillips and a mid-late round rookie at DT1T and 3T and DE.............and as you said he's a Rousseau fan/supporter.

He'd have to be cheap though.    He's not a playmaker anymore.

2 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I think Jerry stays. Just a gut feeling. And I think he'd stay on a vet minimum with incentives built in. 

He’s lost a step, but I still see him as the best pass rusher on the team this year. 

i wouldn’t be shocked to see him retire, go somewhere else or re sign cheap. He’s made $80 million over his career??!?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Jerry is gone unless it is a HUGE pay cut

I was there for the segment.

Two things I think people should brace for

- Players we love are going to be gone...they will be asked to take pay cuts and some will and some wont

- We are not going to be huge players in free agency

- Get ready for the "biuld through the draft model"

One thing I am hoping for is they use youth to fill special teams and stop paying this huge money to special teams players...the way the rules are set up nowadays for ST's really should drive us that direction.   Use that money on important places like Yac monsters, and the lines.

The Bills have always been build through the draft outside of Diggs right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.