I got a valentine from Dawson Knox 😂

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I had a friend that was really Into the Power

rangers as kids and had the white ranger ask all his groomsmen to be in his wedding. It was hilarious

Ummmm…..did he get married when he was 8? 

😋

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If this warms your heart........well, that's good.......you do you.......get it where you can.

But PDA'ing......or complaining about a significant other or ex for that matter........in front of thousands of strangers and a few people you actually know well on TSW and jock sniffery gifts like this are two things I don't even want to think about.

I went thru the young women trying to impress me with autographed jerseys and footballs thing...........it's awkward when you don't care about those kind of things and then have to act overwhelmed or get a trophy case to display stuff you don't want. :lol:   

I finally had to let the over-gifters know.......I appreciated the gestures but I just root for the laundry and don't really care much about whether I would like said players off the field or care what they even do when not playing football.......... so don't spend copious amounts or exercise yourself to attain personalized Bills gifts for me.   

Are you on Cameo? I have to get a present for a coworker I really hate.

• Haha (+1) 14

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahaha this was pretty funny and amazing surprise this morning from my Fiancé.  She got me a personal shoutout from Dawson Knox via Cameo!  He killed it too!  

Haha this woman gets me and my Bills obsession…glad I put a ring on it, cuz I’m keeping her for sure ha!  

https://www.cameo.com/recipient/Crep5PJc5

That’s fantastic !  Happy for you !  Might want to watch the use of the pronoun “ it” tho !  Haha!  Jk tho !  I am totally gun shy after my close “ friend” saw her pic on my phone screen and got upset cuz there were groups of icons / apps on the screen “ covering her up” !   I thought I was doing great just having her pic on there as the first thing that comes up as the Home Screen saver / pic , whatever !  Haha , if she saw me call her it , as in put a ring on it , I think she might tell me where to put “ it” ! 😬😀She’s from Finland tho and tends to be a little serious compared to other cultures I have dated women from !   Great gift tho and best wishes ; nothing better than a partner who can understand the place the Bills manage to wiggle into your life and create that little niche that nothing else can replace!  Hope you two have many happy years together and that you get to celebrate knox lifting the Lombardi or even an mvp trophy after they finally win the whole thing. After watching yesterdays SB , I am convinced the Bills are in  a place to finally win one because there was nothing special those teams did that

the Bills can’t do. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
move author's text out of quote box
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Are you on Cameo? I have to get a present for a coworker I really hate.

We are in Maui and just got home from the bar and I literally almost choked on Cheez-It’s when I read this and started laughing out loud.  

My favorite post of the post season hahaha.

👏👏👏🏆🏆🏆

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dawson sent a follow up text asking about you though 🤯😂

yeah Im not shocked he's heard about muppys fangirl crush...I wouldnt lose my chit if I ever was within 10 feet of the guy though nope Nope NOPE

**head moves up and down oh yes she would***

lmao

haha-m

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had to go have a look-see at this Cameo thing

Looks like Dawson charges $250 and doesn't say where the money goes (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Could book Harrison Phillips for $50 and he states it will be donated to non-profits he works with

Or Marv Levy for $300 - now THAT would be something!!!!!!!

Or Sal Capaccio for $29 😆

I actually bought one for my Mom for Mother’s Day from Harrison Phillips a couple years ago.  I think it was like $25, and the funny thing was he kind of rambled on for like 3 or 4 minutes 😂.  Definitely worth it, and I swear my Mom considers him a “friend” now because of it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

I actually bought one for my Mom for Mother’s Day from Harrison Phillips a couple years ago.  I think it was like $25, and the funny thing was he kind of rambled on for like 3 or 4 minutes 😂.  Definitely worth it, and I swear my Mom considers him a “friend” now because of it. 

I'd have to save my pennies, but Marv Levy would definitely be "IT" for me, ramble, don't ramble, quote poetry, cuss, WhatEvs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DrPJax said:

That’s fantastic !  Happy for you !  Might want to watch the use of the pronoun “ it” tho !  Haha!  Jk tho !  I am totally gun shy after my close “ friend” saw her pic on my phone screen and got upset cuz there were groups of icons / apps on the screen “ covering her up” !   I thought I was doing great just having her pic on there as the first thing that comes up as the Home Screen saver / pic , whatever !  Haha , if she saw me call her it , as in put a ring on it , I think she might tell me where to put “ it” ! 😬😀She’s from Finland tho and tends to be a little serious compared to other cultures I have dated women from !   Great gift tho and best wishes ; nothing better than a partner who can understand the place the Bills manage to wiggle into your life and create that little niche that nothing else can replace!  Hope you two have many happy years together and that you get to celebrate knox lifting the Lombardi or even an mvp trophy after they finally win the whole thing. After watching yesterdays SB , I am convinced the Bills are in  a place to finally win one because there was nothing special those teams did that

the Bills can’t do.

"put a ring on it" is a quote from the Beyonce' song "Single Ladies", which is about a woman who broke up with a boyfriend who didn't want to make a commitment to her, then got jealous when she went to a club and attracted other guys:

'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it

For your viewing and listening education in the popular culture

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, muppy said:

yeah Im not shocked he's heard about muppys fangirl crush...I wouldnt lose my chit if I ever was within 10 feet of the guy though nope Nope NOPE

**head moves up and down oh yes she would***

lmao

haha-m

You're not considered 'successful' until the celebrity asks the court for a restraining order against you. 🤔

😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You're not considered 'successful' until the celebrity asks the court for a restraining order. 🤔

😁

haha well I dare say dawson can take care of his own self 🙂 He is what I would describe to my daughter a a "catch" LOL  I think Britt should hook a boy up just sayin' You KNOW she has gorgeous women friends Id bet money 🙂

I told hubby about the muppy fangirl dawson knox crush .... he smirked at me

lmao 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If this warms your heart........well, that's good.......you do you.......get it where you can.

But PDA'ing......or complaining about a significant other or ex for that matter........in front of thousands of strangers and a few people you actually know well on TSW and jock sniffery gifts like this are two things I don't even want to think about.

I went thru the young women trying to impress me with autographed jerseys and footballs thing...........it's awkward when you don't care about those kind of things and then have to act overwhelmed or get a trophy case to display stuff you don't want. :lol:   

I finally had to let the over-gifters know.......I appreciated the gestures but I just root for the laundry and don't really care much about whether I would like said players off the field or care what they even do when not playing football.......... so don't spend copious amounts or exercise yourself to attain personalized Bills gifts for me.   

You must be fun at parties.  

Legit question:  How many years did you study and go to school to get your PhD degree in “Perennial Loathing?  

Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Legit question:  How many years did you study and go to school to get your PhD degree in “Perennial Loathing?  

Lol

Actually,  I do share quite a bit about our parties........so yeah, I guess I am. :thumbsup:

Enjoy your honeymoon lover-boy.  :wub:  (I'm still on mine 25 years later so there's my darling over-share)

But try to remember the Tony Bolognaviches out there...........those who have ruthlessly clawed their way to the top only to find there is nobody to share a 2 for 1 Jimmy's John's sandwich deal with.

l-intro-1615472613.jpg

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol

This reminded me of a post in the Good Advice thread: “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” 

My two cents would be, it’s just not worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had to go have a look-see at this Cameo thing

Looks like Dawson charges $250 and doesn't say where the money goes (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Could book Harrison Phillips for $50 and he states it will be donated to non-profits he works with

Or Marv Levy for $300 - now THAT would be something!!!!!!!

Or Sal Capaccio for $29 😆

I went looking at some of the prices...

Mike Tyson - highest priced athlete - $20,000

Josh Norman - highest priced footballer - $1,000

Pat Schiller - lowest priced former NFL player - $5

Jim Kelly - highest priced former Bill - $459

Sharmarko Thomas, Jeremaih Sirles, Da'Mari Scott - lowest priced former Bill - $10

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"put a ring on it" is a quote from the Beyonce' song "Single Ladies", which is about a woman who broke up with a boyfriend who didn't want to make a commitment to her, then got jealous when she went to a club and attracted other guys:

'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it

For your viewing and listening education in the popular culture

Good for her , couldn’t care less about Beyoncé or people in her world or culture. Still refers to a woman ( or I guess her finger as an isolated thing )as it , Which is probably great in hip hop culture.  Just saying if someone , like myself,  has no knowledge or place in my life by choice for Beyoncé and doesn’t know or care about her lyrics , just reading the sentence can be misinterpreted. I don’t care how someone refers to their fiancé , they know what’s best and I stated I was JK about it, relating to how I have to be careful regarding my dearest Finnish friend , who can be a little sensitive!  Lol.   I only mentioned it cuz I’m a boomer and date boomers mostly who would not know hip hop references anymore than I do.  Rock yes, hip hop not so much!   Honestly , they don’t follow rap / hip hop / or people like Beyoncé or cardi B for cultural trends or as “ influencers”.  

Just relating an anecdote about my Finnish friend who has a phd in pharmacy and ran the online pharmacy for a national chain getting her pharm license in every state ( pretty amazing feat! ) and also got her realtor license as a side hobby , is from a very different and  refined culture and just knowing her , saying put a ring on it would be foreign to her as she doesn’t follow Beyoncé or that culture in the 20 years I have known her.  If I said that or wrote that about her and she read it on a site like this , , she wouldn’t get it either and me quoting Beyoncé lyrics wouldn’t cut it as an appropriate thing in her eyes as she requires  a high level of respect!  Haha, it is what it is and in my experience , the highly independent and very educated women I have met are usually not well versed in hip hop culture.  Just my experience , so that’s my life and all I am commenting on!   😇

BTW why are you that knowledgeable about Beyoncé enough to quote that stuff anyhow ?   Lol !   Guess you are much younger cuz I grew up on classic rock , and Beyoncé / hip hop just never cut it for me , just like the guy who quoted Keith Richards take on it , not really all that musical to my ears!  Lol ! .  Thx but no thx for any link to her or the ridiculous behavior they tout as being something for women to emulate or her being some example of being a strong or feminine woman. They don’t really act that way and She is not much better than cardi b talking about wap!  Haha!  I prefer someone with class in black culture like Candace owens who is a leader , thinker , and has great family values which are lacking in hip hop culture.  Also prefer a black leader like Brandon Tatum , previous police officer who despises how current hip hop culture promotes being a victim, anti police rhetoric, women being baby mamas without fathers being in their childrens lives etc.  Sorry , that’s another story , just saying any link to Beyoncé as education is wasted on me as we share different values and she lives in a world of wealth and a culture I just can’t Relate too.  Thx tho cuz I know your intentions were good and just for fun!   😊.  If you ever date a Finnish woman tho , be careful !!  All that cold there must make for them having a more serious sense of humor!   😀

On 2/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahaha this was pretty funny and amazing surprise this morning from my Fiancé.  She got me a personal shoutout from Dawson Knox via Cameo!  He killed it too!  

Haha this woman gets me and my Bills obsession…glad I put a ring on it, cuz I’m keeping her for sure ha!  

https://www.cameo.com/recipient/Crep5PJc5

Congrats!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.