Bills ended the season as the #1 team in the NFL based on FPI

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll never believe in analytical nonsense again. Our legendary #1 defense has given up 80 points to KC in the last 2 playoff games. Taylor shreds us for 5 tds.  Our coaches probably get a -8.6 for situational awareness. Any team that loses to the Jags doesn't deserve squat.  Josh Allen is the only thing at 8.6

Week 2 - Miami - 35-0

Week 3 - Washington 43-21

Week 4 - Houston 40-0

I think after these 3 games … they were going to ride a lot juiced numbers all the way to the end of the season because folks just look at the numbers but wouldn’t think to look into the actual circumstances of those games.

And then they all act shocked when Bucs or Chiefs or whoever roll the Buffalo Defense 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

And the chances of them replicating these metrics next season or anytime soon are slim to none which is also why 2021 may be viewed as a true missed opportunity down the road.

Maybe we can try to replicate the Rams metrics instead, seemed to work out for them.

21 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Week 2 - Miami - 35-0

Week 3 - Washington 43-21

Week 4 - Houston 40-0

I think after these 3 games … they were going to ride a lot juiced numbers all the way to the end of the season because folks just look at the numbers but wouldn’t think to look into the actual circumstances of those games.

And then they all act shocked when Bucs or Chiefs or whoever roll the Buffalo Defense 

The team that wins the SB usually wins a bunch of close games along the way,  Field goal type games.   The Bills need to figure that out in 2022.  It's not just bad luck that they were 0-6 in games decided by a TD or less.   It's not realistic to think they can win every game by double digits.   The O let them down in few close losses and the D let them down in the others.  It was the entire team not just one unit.  Gotta improve there.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I'd rather have The Lombardi Trophy in my possession.

I was wondering what that stood for

1 hour ago, Success said:

I don't know - we were playing better than anyone at the end.  But I'd be hard-pressed to say we were the best team in the league this season.  

We dropped too many winnable games. Next year, if they're the best team, they need to secure the #1 seed.

I think the ultimate downfall of the team was it’s schedule. They went really untested for most of the season, they had a pretty easy time with the games they did win. When they got punched in the mouth, they didn’t know how to handle it. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

OK, sure the 13 seconds at the end of the Chiefs game was on the coaches, and were it not for those mistakes we probably win the SB this year.  

OR the Bills don't lay complete eggs against the Steelers and Jags, two teams they should beat easily, and they get home field and the #1 seed, and don't lose to KC or anyone else in the playoffs.  That's on the players as well as the coaches.  

I'm just saying there are other ways to avoid the disaster and the disappointment.  I think the players realize how close they came this year and what they need to do differently next year.

Or if Allen doesn't slip on 4th down against Titans.  We win that...and it's 1st seed.  Always easy to look upon after.

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Rams fans are planning their parade and Bills fans are looking up ranking websites.  

And it's Rams fans that are devastated?

I took it as sarcasm

45 minutes ago, motorj said:

It's no secret the bills would have blown out the bengals then the rams

I mean, we could have had a damned good try at it, but it has to be remembered that folks thought KC was gonna blow out the Bengals, and they were leading pretty handily until a couple minutes before the half.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll never believe in analytical nonsense again. Our legendary #1 defense has given up 80 points to KC in the last 2 playoff games. Taylor shreds us for 5 tds.  Our coaches probably get a -8.6 for situational awareness. Any team that loses to the Jags doesn't deserve squat.  Josh Allen is the only thing at 8.6

We didn't have the #1 defense. We ranked #1 in a list of vanity metrics like points allowed and yardage. That's not analytics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.