Who would you rather be?

FireChans

Who would you rather be?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. The last 10 years of the Steelers or the Eagles?

• Steelers
    • Eagles

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I mean 50% of Bills fans who voted in this poll would rather make the playoffs a bunch than win a Super Bowl. That’s pretty incredible don’t you think

Your analogy is garbage since the Steelers have won multiple Super Bowls while the Bills have won none.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I made a post on here the day after the drought ended that basically said, don't hate the drought, it is part of what makes being a sports fan so rewarding. You suffer, you suffer more than you delight. You feel every one of your team's heartbreaks and it makes those glory moments all the sweeter and all the more special. Think about how you felt when Tyler Boyd scored. Would you have felt that same level of ecstasy if the Bills had only been out of the playoffs for 3 years at that point? Of course you wouldn't. There was 17 years worth of disappointment, hurt, regret that was suddenly released in that moment. Think about how you felt humiliating the Patriots in the playoffs. Don't tell me that didn't feel sweeter because of the years of suffering at the hands of that team. The same when the Bills finally get over the hump in the playoffs, and I remain certain that they will, it will feel so much better because of the image of Diggs watching the confetti fall and because of 13 seconds. 

@BADOLBILZ remind us a lot on here that supporting sports teams should be fun. And he is right. And that means enjoying the disappointments if that isn't a contradiction. It doesn't mean you should want you team to be bad, or not criticize them when they are but we watch sports because they are unpredictable. The best team does not always win, more often than not you end up disappointed. But there are few things in life that match those moments when you are not. You have to enjoy the ride. 

For us older fans, what you are describing is exactly how we felt during the Kelly era.  We had endured many seasons where we were not only bad, but a laughingstock.  It was an incredible feeling watching the Bills of the early 1990s after all the heartbreak we had put up with for decades.  I went to all 4 Super Bowls & I felt that I deserved to go for all the past suffering.  If the Bills make the Super Bowl and I'm still physically able to go, I'll be there & it will be sweet, especially if on the 5th try I see them win one.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No. You chose an arbitrary timeline to make your argument stronger. Also the Eagles didn't go all-in in their Super Bowl year. They built their team the normal way. I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

good point.  Rams (2SB appearances and one win) v. Steelers would make more sense.  

11 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

For us older fans, what you are describing is exactly how we felt during the Kelly era.  We had endured many seasons where we were not only bad, but a laughingstock.  It was an incredible feeling watching the Bills of the early 1990s after all the heartbreak we had put up with for decades.  I went to all 4 Super Bowls & I felt that I deserved to go for all the past suffering.  If the Bills make the Super Bowl and I'm still physically able to go, I'll be there & it will be sweet, especially if on the 5th try I see them win one.  

perhaps you should not go to the next one, Mr. Jinx 😜.   I kid. 

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

I mean 50% of Bills fans who voted in this poll would rather make the playoffs a bunch than win a Super Bowl. That’s pretty incredible don’t you think

no, if the question was would you rather win a SB or have a consistently great team that never does everyone would take the SB winning team.  But the Eagles are a bad choice.  It should be “win now Rams” v. Steelers.  

• Like (+1) 1

based of my understanding of the question which is for me : contender for years without a title or one run one win then done

It's like either

everyday you would walk next to the best bakery in town, seeing all these things, hoping, and everyday your mom next to you says  "not today darling", and everyday is "not today". By the time passes you start to consider it will never be "today". Probably because you heard some day your familly isn't rich enough to buy you a cake

or

you are offered a cake, once, then you never see again the bakery

One of the option is torture/sadomasochism

Of course it would be great if you could see the bakery everday and have one cake from time to time. But let's go back into reality

Honestly, some of you are crazy

Edited by Repulsif

On 2/13/2022 at 11:07 PM, FireChans said:

I see a lot of “building to win now and win in the future.” I’m sitting here thinking, WTF are you people talking about?

so it’s time for the great poll. The Steelers were perennial playoff teams for the last decade. Sure one or two lost seasons where the QB got hurt but overall a successful decade of football. Zero Super Bowl wins.

The Eagles had a much worse decade overall. A couple playoff berths but mostly not great. A couple different HC’s, QB’s, etc. but they won the big one.

PS: if you pick the Steelers, you’re an insane person.

Give me the Lombardi. 

kick cans down the road I don’t care if I have a year like Saints are about to coming up to reset as long as their is at least one Lombardi at OBD. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, HappyDays said:

No. You chose an arbitrary timeline to make your argument stronger. Also the Eagles didn't go all-in in their Super Bowl year. They built their team the normal way. I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

Does he ever make a point?  😂

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Looking a lot like the Steelers getting picked apart by Brady and Manning in the postseason for a decade.  6 more years to go.

Would anyone like to change their answer to the Rams or Eagles or does "11 wins and a playoff exit" still scream excellence to TBD?

Obviously I take the SB win. As for the Iggles you can add that they’re still playing this season. It’s worth noting that the Bills really went for it with the Von Miller signing. Them taking that risk ended up hurting the team, but it did show their commitment to getting the championship. Now if they could just shift focus to doing something like that on offense…….

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Obviously I take the SB win. As for the Iggles you can add that they’re still playing this season. It’s worth noting that the Bills really went for it with the Von Miller signing. Them taking that risk ended up hurting the team, but it did show their commitment to getting the championship. Now if they could just shift focus to doing something like that on offense…….

Exactly, now is the time to be bold.  Not win another 12 games next year and get our teeth kicked in again.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The more fitting comparison has to be the Rams who won the Super Bowl but completely crashed and burned this year. Would you take that one win if the very next season you didn’t even have a winning record? 

100x yes.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Exactly, now is the time to be bold.  Not win another 12 games next year and get our teeth kicked in again.

100x yes.

I think I’m with you there. The years go by, and start to add up. The drought now seems like a distant memory. But what has the team accomplished? They’ve made a lot of noise in the regular season and generated a lot of national attention and good will….but…I think that’s going to quickly turn into “not the Bills, again….yawn”. 

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:16 PM, RyanC883 said:

good point.  Rams (2SB appearances and one win) v. Steelers would make more sense.  

perhaps you should not go to the next one, Mr. Jinx 😜.   I kid. 

no, if the question was would you rather win a SB or have a consistently great team that never does everyone would take the SB winning team.  But the Eagles are a bad choice.  It should be “win now Rams” v. Steelers.  

I agree, the Eagles aren’t a great example, because they’ve been better the last ten years than people give them credit for. It’s not like they’re in the championship talk every year, but they’ve mostly had winning seasons. 

Edited by SirAndrew

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.