Who would you rather be?

FireChans

Who would you rather be?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. The last 10 years of the Steelers or the Eagles?

• Steelers
    • Eagles

46 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

One win is all it takes to forever change who you are as a Bills fan.

As a long time Red Sox fan, I know! 

Being consistently good does have its benefits, but it's all about the championship, isn't it?

F the Red Sox and every single team in the state of Massachusetts 

You guys voting for the Steelers are voting against the Bills winning a Superbowl.

And you scream about "bad juju" any time someone looks a week or two down the road rather than every word they type being about the upcoming game.

Shout others down for bad juju and then vote against winning a championship. Yikes.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I see a lot of “building to win now and win in the future.” I’m sitting here thinking, WTF are you people talking about?

so it’s time for the great poll. The Steelers were perennial playoff teams for the last decade. Sure one or two lost seasons where the QB got hurt but overall a successful decade of football. Zero Super Bowl wins.

The Eagles had a much worse decade overall. A couple playoff berths but mostly not great. A couple different HC’s, QB’s, etc. but they won the big one.

PS: if you pick the Steelers, you’re an insane person.

Neither will win the SB next year if you are really keeping score

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I prefer this Bills team and this board when you were not here. 

your question is stupid.  This is not a “great poll”.  It’s terrible

It is stupid. If the Steelers were so "building to win now and in the future" for the last 10 years wouldn't they already have a suitable replacement for Ben on the roster?

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It is stupid. If the Steelers were so "building to win now and in the future" for the last 10 years wouldn't they already have a suitable replace for Ben on the roster?

Dude is just so bitter that McBeane didn’t and likely will never go “all in”.  so now we all have to suffer through his little rants that try and prove a point but never do

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Steelers. I know you are not going to like that answer, but I prefer the best team who is consistently good and gives you a shot to win it every single year instead of the team that has one good year and then sucks.

Which fans had more hope for their team the past decade?

Yes, I want the championship, but I also want to root for a good team season in and season out.

Plus when your team is solid and is good season in and season out then you always have a chance for playing in the SB that year.  Each team that has ever reached the SB has had some element of luck to get them there in that season.  So give me the team that always gives itself a chance to be in the SB each season.  You require less luck with that team and not everything has to fall just right, increasing the likelihood of success.  If you are gonna hope to hit the lotto as some put it.... well don't you still prefer the best odds?  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Seeing as the Steelers are winning, apparently not lol. Some people would rather have a bunch of first or second round exits than a Super Bowl. 

Really just otherworldly alien behavior especially from Bills fans. Rather lose 4 Super Bowls than win 1. Bet Jim Kelly disagrees. 

Personally, I’d take the lotto.

You are a terrible troll 

Name one person who says they'd rather lose all four then win one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Ask another hypothetical…

option #1 Allen goes down and Trubisky wins a Super Bowl and Allen becomes Wentz

option #2 2021 season plays out exactly how it did

Option 2 all day long.  And I don't think Allen ever could become Wentz but then I never really thought Wentz was the reason for his own success.  If Trubisky took over after a injury to Allen then the team wins the SB I don't even think  Nick Wright would suggest the Bills lose the better QB when he's signed away as a FA.

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Yes but I really enjoyed the last 2 years. The entire regular season is fun for me for the first time in a long time. The 17 yr playoff drought was not enjoyable at all. I looked forward to the games, but not like I do now. Winning the big one is really important, but the entire process is 100000 times more fun when you're team is consistently good. I look forward to every Sunday like I've never done before as a season ticket holder.

And the bonus to all football fans regardless of their affiliations is you get to witness wonderful games when the better talented teams meet and push each other to the limits.  I expect Allen will be ranked among all time greats when he hangs up his cleats.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

I see a lot of “building to win now and win in the future.” I’m sitting here thinking, WTF are you people talking about?

so it’s time for the great poll. The Steelers were perennial playoff teams for the last decade. Sure one or two lost seasons where the QB got hurt but overall a successful decade of football. Zero Super Bowl wins.

The Eagles had a much worse decade overall. A couple playoff berths but mostly not great. A couple different HC’s, QB’s, etc. but they won the big one.

PS: if you pick the Steelers, you’re an insane person.

Your analogy has basically nothing to do with your questions. The examples in your poll are completely irrelevant to the question you ask. Your whole first sentence is completely obscure.

The whole thing is somewhere between missed the point and pointless.

If I just ignore whatever your point is early on and just look at the question ... for a Bills fan it has to be about Super Bowls. If you look at the last ten years, the Eagles. If you look at the last twenty years, the Steelers. Of course.

But that's got nothing to do with how good the teams were and for how long. It's purely about Super Bowl wins.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

My guess is that if the Bills would have won the SB right before the 17 year drought started (or at any time), every one of us would have been just as miserable during that period as we were without a SB win - and this board would still have the complete meltdowns it has every time a game doesn't end the way we want.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Your analogy has basically nothing to do with your questions. The examples in your poll are completely irrelevant to the question you ask.

The whole thing is somewhere between missed the point and pointless.

Not to mention that your first sentence is completely obscure.

Yea, the OP brings cliché sayings into discussions which have very little relevance. He wants the Bills to do what the Rams did the past 5 years. Trade picks and mortgage the future for one Super Bowl win, although he was arguing for the approach before the Rams won, so that part isn’t clear. I want a Super Bowl win. I will say watching that celebration afterwards, the only person I was happy for was Donald and maybe Whitworth (I didn’t see him before I turned it off). The rest of the players all seemed glad they finally got a ring for themselves. Maybe I’m not explaining it right, but i think when the Bills win it will mean more to everyone who accomplishes the feat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.