Who would you rather be?

FireChans

Who would you rather be?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. The last 10 years of the Steelers or the Eagles?

• Steelers
    • Eagles

I see a lot of “building to win now and win in the future.” I’m sitting here thinking, WTF are you people talking about?

so it’s time for the great poll. The Steelers were perennial playoff teams for the last decade. Sure one or two lost seasons where the QB got hurt but overall a successful decade of football. Zero Super Bowl wins.

The Eagles had a much worse decade overall. A couple playoff berths but mostly not great. A couple different HC’s, QB’s, etc. but they won the big one.

PS: if you pick the Steelers, you’re an insane person.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Dislike 5

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is like asking if you would rather be a businessman making good money or random lottery ticket winner after you already know which lottery ticket won.

Your question is silly.

Seeing as the Steelers are winning, apparently not lol. Some people would rather have a bunch of first or second round exits than a Super Bowl. 

Really just otherworldly alien behavior especially from Bills fans. Rather lose 4 Super Bowls than win 1. Bet Jim Kelly disagrees. 

Personally, I’d take the lotto.

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers. I know you are not going to like that answer, but I prefer the best team who is consistently good and gives you a shot to win it every single year instead of the team that has one good year and then sucks.

Which fans had more hope for their team the past decade?

Yes, I want the championship, but I also want to root for a good team season in and season out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Steelers. I know you are not going to like that answer, but I prefer the best team who is consistently good and gives you a shot to win it every single year instead of the team that has one good year and then sucks.

Yes, I want the championship, but I also want to root for a good team season in and season out.

Fair enough. I don’t agree and I don’t understand but hey different strokes.

I personally don’t care about hope if it results in no championship. Had enough of that in Bills land.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

One win is all it takes to forever change who you are as a Bills fan.

As a long time Red Sox fan, I know! 

Being consistently good does have its benefits, but it's all about the championship, isn't it?

As a long-time San Francisco Giants fan, I can attest to this.

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Answer the question as asked.

No. You chose an arbitrary timeline to make your argument stronger. Also the Eagles didn't go all-in in their Super Bowl year. They built their team the normal way. I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

You can use the benefit of hindsight.

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I voted Steelers without a second thought, but totally forgot they won a Super Bowl.

Honestly, I put up with 17 years of not even getting to the playoffs, but if I could get a few playoff births + a guaranteed Super Bowl win, I'd take it.

They did not in the last 10 years.

Just now, HappyDays said:

No. You chose an arbitrary timeline to make your argument stronger. Also the Eagles didn't go all in their Super Bowl year. They built their team the normal way. I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

Answer the question as asked.

40 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

One win is all it takes to forever change who you are as a Bills fan.

As a long time Red Sox fan, I know! 

Being consistently good does have its benefits, but it's all about the championship, isn't it?

Yes but I really enjoyed the last 2 years. The entire regular season is fun for me for the first time in a long time. The 17 yr playoff drought was not enjoyable at all. I looked forward to the games, but not like I do now. Winning the big one is really important, but the entire process is 100000 times more fun when you're team is consistently good. I look forward to every Sunday like I've never done before as a season ticket holder.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.