AFC teams unclutch in playoffs

ProcessTruster

8 hours ago, Putin said:

The bungles were far from being the best team to represent the AFC 

I agree. I think the stars aligned for them to make this run. Numerous things just went their way including a terrible call by the refs on the raiders WC game and then no call last night on the Boyd TD. 

one reason I wasn’t rooting for them is because, IMO, they had no business being in the SB….and Joe seems like an arrogant ahss 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Well when you have Q. Spain in there getting beat like a drum, there’s a reason you can’t rush the ball. Bengals oline is ok not great. Rams dline is amazing. Now they will fall apart and be horrible for 10 years.  

The Bengals’ line is actually terrible and one of the worst in the league.

9 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Bills coaches completely blow the 13 sec kickoff

Mahomes inexplicably poops the bed in the 2nd half of the title game

Bungles drop back to pass on 4th and a foot with multiple time outs left and 15 yards to go for a tying FG, after running over the Rams all night

Boy, AFC teams totally unclutch in crunch time in this years playoffs.  

Congrats to the Rams.  

What a whiney, bitter take on one of the greatest playoff seasons in NFL history.    The "any given Saturday/Sunday" mantra of NFL parity in which any team can beat any other in any particular game came to fore during the playoffs in both the AFC and the NFC ... and even in the Super Bowl itself.  

I'm sure there's a black rain cloud perpetually following you everywhere you go.

11 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Bungles drop back to pass on 4th and a foot with multiple time outs left and 15 yards to go for a tying FG, after running over the Rams all night

Congrats to the Rams.  

Running over them all night? Not really

11 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Congrats to the Rams.  

How about Aaron Rodgers scoring 10 points total against the 49ers?

They got bounced in the first round.

How about Dak Prescott and the Cowboys pulling a QB sneak with 17 seconds left and running the clock out against the 49ers?

They got bounced in the first round.

How about Stafford throwing a horrific ball directly to the 49ers safety, which he dropped?

49ers would have won that game with Jimmy G... but despite not being "clutch" they got lucky and won the SB.

You can do this with any team, AFC or NFC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Burrow made it to a Super Bowl & was sacked a Super Bowl tying 7 times... Can't really blame him for getting 2 games further than our squad despite getting obliterated all season (50+ times). Hell, he even got sacked 9 times against the #1 seed & won every playoff game on the road.

Josh put up monster numbers & played great, but if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be thrilled to have Burrow & PISSED our O-line is going to get him killed.

My point is he couldn't make the plays needed for whatever reason. Josh did.

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Gangsta Josh.jpg

He could have been part of the halftime show.

53 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen won the game for us TWICE in the final 2 minutes...what else can you ask the guy to do?

Play defense too, apparently.

As it has always been said any given Sunday & it only takes 1 or 2 plays to change the out come of a game we as fans see it all the time & saw it multiple times this season but there is also the thing with a little bit of luck too .

Live & hopefully learn from those couple of miss plays to hopefully move forward for the Bills .

12 hours ago, sven233 said:

The better team won tonight.  The best team didn't win the Super Bowl. 

No doubt in my mind that if our coaching staff pulled their collective heads out of their butts in that last 13 seconds in KC, that we would have won the entire thing.  Nobody can convince me that we aren't better than both the teams that played tonight.  Our coaching staff blew it and robbed the players, the organization, the city, and the entire fan base the opportunity to watch Josh Allen put on an absolute show and hoist that Lombardi tonight.

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Well when you have Q. Spain in there getting beat like a drum, there’s a reason you can’t rush the ball. Bengals oline is ok not great. Rams dline is amazing. Now they will fall apart and be horrible for 10 years.  

I agree 1000% our coaches owe All the fans a public apology for the 13 second fiasco!!

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If Tyler Boyd doesn't drop the 3rd down pass on the Bengals previous drive they at worst bleed the clock of another 2 minutes and suddenly the Rams can't just nickel and dime down the field to Kupp underneath. That was the moment the game was lost in my view. 

I don’t think He was going to get a first down, feeling hit coming was why he dropped it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.