AFC teams unclutch in playoffs

ProcessTruster

Bills coaches completely blow the 13 sec kickoff

Mahomes inexplicably poops the bed in the 2nd half of the title game

Bungles drop back to pass on 4th and a foot with multiple time outs left and 15 yards to go for a tying FG, after running over the Rams all night

Boy, AFC teams totally unclutch in crunch time in this years playoffs.  

Congrats to the Rams.  

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Bungles drop back to pass on 4th and a foot with multiple time outs left and 15 yards to go for a tying FG, after running over the Rams all night

Congrats to the Rams.  

To the bolded...I don't know many people,  who watched the game, that would agree with you. While they ran it better than the Rams, 20 carries for 79 yards is far from running over someone all night. They went with the guy that got them there. I would have no problems with the Bills putting it in Josh's hands with the game on the line either.

I do agree with you that they were not clutch though. After the 75 yard TD to open the 2nd half the Bengals had 6 drives, 31 plays for only 61 yards(less than 2 yards per play) for the rest of the game. Ouch.

• Like (+1) 3

The better team won tonight.  The best team didn't win the Super Bowl. 

No doubt in my mind that if our coaching staff pulled their collective heads out of their butts in that last 13 seconds in KC, that we would have won the entire thing.  Nobody can convince me that we aren't better than both the teams that played tonight.  Our coaching staff blew it and robbed the players, the organization, the city, and the entire fan base the opportunity to watch Josh Allen put on an absolute show and hoist that Lombardi tonight.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every AFC QB fell short EXCEPT Josh Allen. He did everything needed to win.

Burrow made it to a Super Bowl & was sacked a Super Bowl tying 7 times... Can't really blame him for getting 2 games further than our squad despite getting obliterated all season (50+ times). Hell, he even got sacked 9 times against the #1 seed & won every playoff game on the road.

Josh put up monster numbers & played great, but if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be thrilled to have Burrow & PISSED our O-line is going to get him killed.

16 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Burrow made it to a Super Bowl & was sacked a Super Bowl tying 7 times... Can't really blame him for getting 2 games further than our squad despite getting obliterated all season (50+ times). Hell, he even got sacked 9 times against the #1 seed & won every playoff game on the road.

Josh put up monster numbers & played great, but if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be thrilled to have Burrow & PISSED our O-line is going to get him killed.

Burrow was the best QB against pressure the season.

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Congrats to the Rams.  

Rams were lined up with double 3 techs and nobody over the center for much of the game and Cinci still only rushed for like 78 yards............so that is an incorrect assessment.   

• Like (+1) 1

Allen would have destroyed the Rams D. Donald is great but Burros is not elusive in the pocket. 7 sacks!?!? Allen breaks 4 of those and turns them into 40 yards of scrambles and at least 1 Davis toe tap. To me the Bengals will have to invest a small fortune to keep Burrow healthy and upright. Imagine if Allen had an all purpose back like Burrow has in Mixon. 

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Congrats to the Rams.  

I’ll add in that the Bills defense was also not clutch.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Nice narrative...

How about all the NFC teams that fell short, aside from the Rams?

And hell, even they had a lackluster SB.

A few breaks here or there and the Bengals win the game.

If Tyler Boyd doesn't drop the 3rd down pass on the Bengals previous drive they at worst bleed the clock of another 2 minutes and suddenly the Rams can't just nickel and dime down the field to Kupp underneath. That was the moment the game was lost in my view. 

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

All I could think of watching that game is how we would have destroyed the Rams by multiple scores.

Yep. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Nice narrative...

How about all the NFC teams that fell short, aside from the Rams?

And hell, even they had a lackluster SB.

A few breaks here or there and the Bengals win the game.

Right. From the Divisional Round on, every game was tied or within 3 points at the end of regulation. So, I guess pretty much every team that lost didn't come through in the clutch.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rams were lined up with double 3 techs and nobody over the center for much of the game and Cinci still only rushed for like 78 yards............so that is an incorrect assessment.   

Well when you have Q. Spain in there getting beat like a drum, there’s a reason you can’t rush the ball. Bengals oline is ok not great. Rams dline is amazing. Now they will fall apart and be horrible for 10 years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.