Super Bowl Post Game Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That is hilarious.........but in fairness:

1) No QB who had been a Bills starter or would become one later has been the starting QB for a SB winning team

2) Just as nobody who had been a Bills HC or would later become one has won a SB to date.

You'd think one of the two would have happened.....Ferragamo and Bledsoe had started on SB losers before joining the Bills.........Rob Johnson and Bledsoe were backup QB on SB winners........closest they got to either 1 or 2 though was probably when Ralph tried to pay Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher top dollar to come out of retirement.    

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Success said:

People keep saying that, but we didn't crush too many good teams this year.

If it was Bills/Rams, it would have been a dogfight, imo.  50/50.

Agreed we didn’t crush many good teams but Allen was on absolute fire in the playoffs, only think stopping him was our own defence and coin tosses. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Did you intentionally write that as a statement of fact and not opinion?  As written, its not a hot take at all, in fact it's 100% factually correct as of today. 

Nope, I am just not a native speaker. I actually spent like 2 minutes trying to figure out how to say it properly and apparently I failed :(

Just wanted to say that he will never participate in SB again.

Lotta people saying the refs wernt that bad. If that was the bills, most of you would be going through the roof. I actually appreciate that they let them play without throwing a ton of flags, but when you start throwing flag after flag with 2 mins left, ya that's pretty lame and if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be really pissed today 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

After the 75 yard TD pass to open the 2nd half the Bengals had 6 drives, 31 plays for 61 yards. That's a whole lotta really bad offense.

That was the "non-call" where Higgins face masked Ramsey and got away with it.  At least 9 times out of 10 in regular season that is called as offensive PI.  I really think that was the play that caused the Rams defense to catch fire, which led to their victory.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Lotta people saying the refs wernt that bad. If that was the bills, most of you would be going through the roof. I actually appreciate that they let them play without throwing a ton of flags, but when you start throwing flag after flag with 2 mins left, ya that's pretty lame and if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be really pissed today 

The only bad call the last 2 minutes was the holding that gave LA a 1st down.  But that was a bad call - without it, it's 4th & long, and the Bengals have an excellent chance to win the game.

Still, the only time the Bengals scored the entire 2nd half was a clear OPI.  I don't know how Bengals fans can claim injustice, or that they "deserved" to win in any way.  Their offense didn't make the plays when they needed to, and the Rams offense did.

The game was kind of a mismatch.  If OBJ didn't get hurt, it probably would have been more lopsided in the Rams favor.

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The only bad call the last 2 minutes was the holding that gave LA a 1st down.  But that was a bad call - without it, it's 4th & long, and the Bengals have an excellent chance to win the game.

Still, the only time the Bengals scored the entire 2nd half was a clear OPI.  I don't know how Bengals fans can claim injustice, or that they "deserved" to win in any way.  Their offense didn't make the plays when they needed to, and the Rams offense did.

The game was kind of a mismatch.  If OBJ didn't get hurt, it probably would have been more lopsided in the Rams favor.

Exactly. The Bengals were  handed the ball down 3 with almost two minutes left with 3 TOs and couldn't drive into field goal range. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

As an objective call, I thought the holding call was justified from the camera angle I saw - LB had his arm hooked around Kupp's waist impeding him.

It only stood out to me because of all the earlier no-calls, like the OPI you referenced

Question: is 4th and 4 = 4th and long to you?

Agree that OBJ was a huge loss to the Rams

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. The Bengals were  handed the ball down 3 with almost two minutes left with 3 TOs and couldn't drive into field goal range. 

1 minute 25 sec but who's counting?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As an objective call, I thought the holding call was justified from the camera angle I saw - LB had his arm hooked around Kupp's waist impeding him.

It only stood out to me because of all the earlier no-calls, like the OPI you referenced

Question: is 4th and 4 = 4th and long to you?

Agree that OBJ was a huge loss to the Rams

I thought that would have been 4th & 9 - I'm probably not remembering it correctly.  4th & 9 would have been tough the way Cincy's D was playing, but 4th & 4 would be much more feasible.

Overall, I appreciated the job the refs did.  They're never going to be perfect.  We've all seen much worse games w/ multiple blown calls.

17 minutes ago, Success said:

I thought that would have been 4th & 9 - I'm probably not remembering it correctly.  4th & 9 would have been tough the way Cincy's D was playing, but 4th & 4 would be much more feasible.

Overall, I appreciated the job the refs did.  They're never going to be perfect.  We've all seen much worse games w/ multiple blown calls.

Actually just looked it up, and we're both wrong but you're closer.  It was 3rd and 8, a 4 yd DH made it 1st and 4.  So they got 4 extra tries for the EZ regardless of the 2nd penalty making it 1st and 1

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-bowl-lvi-referee-tee-higgins-td-reception-jalen-ramsey

The contact clearly impeded Ramsey's ability to make a play on the ball, but according to referee Ronald Torbert, officials saw more of a rake of the facemask than a grab and a twist.

"Our rule is that if there is a grab and twist and turn, there's enough for a foul," Torbert told Pro Football Writers Association pool reporter Joe Reedy. "If there's just a rake across the facemask, where there's not a twist and turn even if there's a grab, there is no foul. The officials did not see any contact that rose to the level of a foul for a 15-yard facemask."

Followed Reedy: "So, they did not see a twist and turn?"
"Yes, that's correct," Torbert replied.

FOX Sports officiating analyst Mike Pereira, formerly the NFL's vice president of officiating, did not agree.

"Not a good start to the second half. The pulling of the facemask should have been (offensive pass) interference or a facemask penalty," Pereira posted via Twitter.

Higgins was pretty clever about it, but you don't see a CB with inside leverage twist his head to the side, throw his arms up to keep his balance, and fall without some kind of OPI

4 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

That was the "non-call" where Higgins face masked Ramsey and got away with it.  At least 9 times out of 10 in regular season that is called as offensive PI.  I really think that was the play that caused the Rams defense to catch fire, which led to their victory.

I agree with you that the defense and Donald caught fire soon after that play. But I think Donald got mad on the next possession, after Stafford threw an INT on the first play of the next drive, giving the ball to the Bengals at the Rams 31 yard line. A few plays into that drive Donald chased Burrow and pushed him out of bounds(A clean play) and a few different offensive linemen got right up in his mug and started shoving him in the face. A couple plays later Donald sacked Burrow on 3rd down to hold them to a FG.

From that moment on the Rams defense was getting to Burrow on almost every pass play and Donald was a completely different player. Burrow was sacked only 2 times(-9 yards) in the 38 plays before that and 5 times(-33 yards) in the 23 plays afterwards.

28 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree with you that the defense and Donald caught fire soon after that play. But I think Donald got mad on the next possession, after Stafford threw an INT on the first play of the next drive, giving the ball to the Bengals at the Rams 31 yard line. A few plays into that drive Donald chased Burrow and pushed him out of bounds(A clean play) and a few different offensive linemen got right up in his mug and started shoving him in the face. A couple plays later Donald sacked Burrow on 3rd down to hold them to a FG.

From that moment on the Rams defense was getting to Burrow on almost every pass play and Donald was a completely different player. Burrow was sacked only 2 times(-9 yards) in the 38 plays before that and 5 times(-33 yards) in the 23 plays afterwards.

I believe Collinsworth showed how the Rams changed up their rush scheme to allow Donald to get home. Looked like the adjustment worked. 

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I believe Collinsworth showed how the Rams changed up their rush scheme to allow Donald to get home. Looked like the adjustment worked. 

Cinci was having their Center kick backwards and to his right to help the guard out with Donald.  LA responded by having an LB stand up on the line directly covering the center.  Cinci's center had to honor the LB in his face, which meant more double teams on Donald.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Cinci was having their Center kick backwards and to his right to help the guard out with Donald.  LA responded by having an LB stand up on the line directly covering the center.  Cinci's center had to honor the LB in his face, which meant more double teams on Donald.

Yes they did. When they didn't do that, they had Von Miller line up on the outside and loop back to an empty middle because the center was busy helping with Donald. That stunt got Miller a couple of sacks later in the 2nd half.

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If I remember right they showed how the Rams changed up their scheme to allow others to get home. After that resulted in about 3 sacks, the center couldn't cheat towards Donald anymore and that's when he started wrecking havoc.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.