Super Bowl Post Game Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Von Miller had 4.5 sacks tonight. Trading for Von Miller was fiercely debated as an overpay when he was traded mid season for a second and a third. Would Bills fans trade AJ Epenesa and Zack Moss for a pass rusher who could have 4.5 sacks in a playoff game?

Super Bowl winning teams take risks. 

Or we could have just paid Trey Hendrickson and kept our draft picks. I'm not against the Bills upgrading the pass rush. I'm as vocal as anyone else on here in arguing for that. I just don't want one-year rentals of over the hill players and then our season is championship or bust. It's possible to win now and also build a team for the long haul.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's only his 2ND SEASON with missing most of his 1st season. People forget how bad Allen was in his 2nd season. Burrows is much farther ahead of where Allen was in his 2nd season. I really don't understand the bitterness many here have against the Bengals or the Rams. 

Just like a lot of us do not understand your bitterness towards the Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Really felt like the clock struck midnight on the Bengals. Towards the end a lot started going against them.  

Then very late, a 2nd and 1 pass to Chase, incomplete.

A 3rd and 1 run by Perine for no gain.

A 4th and 1 pass, got blown up.

BallGame.

They were converting those plays in previous playoff games.

Again, clock struck midnight on Cinci

Their OL could not protect burrow all year. Their corners were not good all year.  It caught up to them, but fun little run.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Or we could have just paid Trey Hendrickson and kept our draft picks. I'm not against the Bills upgrading the pass rush. I'm as vocal as anyone else on here in arguing for that. I just don't want one-year rentals of over the hill players and then our season is championship or bust. It's possible to win now and also build a team for the long haul.

But we didn’t. 

What NFL team, sans the team with the Best QB and HC of all time was a consistent contender for 10+ years? Why do y’all care so much about being a decent team in 2025? Like honestly who cares? If the Rams have a down year 3 years from now, it won’t take away their Super Bowl. The Eagles crumbled after winning theirs, but they were still the champs in 2017. The goal is to win? Not be fringe contenders forever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I don't mind cocky guys that play the pimp, but you better deliver in the biggest moment.  Fine line between Muhammed Ali and the Terrell Owens of the world.

Terrell Owens almost always delivered. He had an as good or better game than Kupp just had on a broken leg in the SB. Strange example to choose.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cincy has about 55 million in cap space so they will only get stronger and their GM has already done a good job with that defence in free agency.  Beane needs to follow some but not all of the Rams footprint to a title. Make a couple of splash win now moves to get a big time defensive play maker or two

I think on offence we saw tonight what speed at the RB position looks like in Mixon, even with a terrible line he made some nice runs. I think a speed RB along with another speed WR who has good YAC ability and our offence will get to another level.  Maybe add another guard and then focus on getting play makers on defense

After watching Bengals LB'S  tonight I would trade Edmunds over paying him big money which he does not deserve.

11 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

My hot take: This was the last SB Joe Burrow has ever played.

I could see this happening. Mike Brown has never been a big spender and that has put the Bengals at a competitive disadvantage. That and me being not sold on Zac Taylor as coach could make it difficult for the bengals to return.

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

you mean like the rams making it multiple times?

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Terrell Owens almost always delivered. He had an as good or better game than Kupp just had on a broken leg in the SB. Strange example to choose.

If it weren't for McNabb throwing 3 stupid INTs and puking during the final drive...

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

I could see this happening. Mike Brown has never been a big spender and that has put the Bengals at a competitive disadvantage. That and me being not sold on Zac Taylor as coach could make it difficult for the bengals to return.

You’re not sold on handing the ball to samaje perine on the most critical play?! Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

But we didn’t. 

What NFL team, sans the team with the Best QB and HC of all time was a consistent contender for 10+ years? Why do y’all care so much about being a decent team in 2025? Like honestly who cares? If the Rams have a down year 3 years from now, it won’t take away their Super Bowl. The Eagles crumbled after winning theirs, but they were still the champs in 2017. The goal is to win? Not be fringe contenders forever.

I care because I want this team to be a dynasty, and with Allen being 25 years old that is a real possibility. I advocated for signing OBJ mid-season. I would trade a 1st for Danielle Hunter if we could. I just don't want us to sacrifice the team 2-3 years from now to go championship or bust right now. All those resources the Rams gave up didn't make them a dominant team. They weren't the favorite to win it all heading into the postseason. All of that sacrificing the future to win the Super Bowl by the skin of their teeth. That isn't an argument for that team building strategy. If the Bengals had won does that mean o-line talent doesn't matter? No, it would just mean that a team with a bad o-line won the Super Bowl. So a team that mortgaged their future won the Super Bowl. There are other ways to win a championship and still be in position to win another one for the next 5 years after that. That's what I want the Bills to do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.