Super Bowl Post Game Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Game could not have played out better for the Bills. Burrow’s collapse - nothing the last 5 drives - will haunt the remainder of his career.  

Naa, he was getting his ass handed to him with a SB record 7 sacks. The Bengals fix their line and they are contenders. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Just this game? He threw 5 TDs and 2 Ints in 4 playoff games. Dude was being hyped up because he smoked a couple cigars and wears gold chains. 

What a beautiful ending.

Totally agree. It’s amazing no one in the media decided to speak up and stop the hype train. Although I guess they need to do it to make the game more appealing. 

Bottom line, I see him as a Phillip rivers. Pretty good. But never will be the best QB in the league. Joe just doesn’t have anything elite about him

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Von Miller had 4.5 sacks tonight. Trading for Von Miller was fiercely debated as an overpay when he was traded mid season for a second and a third. Would Bills fans trade AJ Epenesa and Zack Moss for a pass rusher who could have 4.5 sacks in a playoff game?

Super Bowl winning teams take risks. 

Squib kick and we win Super Bowl.  We didn’t need him.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Totally agree. It’s amazing no one in the media decided to speak up and stop the hype train. Although I guess they need to do it to make the game more appealing. 

Bottom line, I see him as a Phillip rivers. Pretty good. But never will be the best QB in the league. Joe just doesn’t have anything elite about him

It's only his 2ND SEASON with missing most of his 1st season. People forget how bad Allen was in his 2nd season. Burrows is much farther ahead of where Allen was in his 2nd season. I really don't understand the bitterness many here have against the Bengals or the Rams. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Von Miller had 4.5 sacks tonight. Trading for Von Miller was fiercely debated as an overpay when he was traded mid season for a second and a third. Would Bills fans trade AJ Epenesa and Zack Moss for a pass rusher who could have 4.5 sacks in a playoff game?

Super Bowl winning teams take risks. 

super star qbs, and superstars that effect qbs win championships. The rest is just some scheming and avoidance of big holes

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mabden said:

Not handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch on 1st and goal was way worse.

No that one was more defensible. There are statistics from that season that show Lynch was far from a guaranteed TD there.

It's 3rd and 1 on the last drive of the Super Bowl and your #1 RB is picking up almost 5 yards a carry. Perine up to that point had 1 carry for 0 yards. And they give him the ball on a simple HB dive? One of the worst decisions I've ever seen, Super Bowl or otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Squib kick and we win Super Bowl.  We didn’t need him.

Why didn't HC go directly to Bass and tell what he wants?  

Just now, Motorin' said:

If we had a Von Miller we beat the Chiefs by 2 scores. 

For sure,  the one sack down by the goal line he just burst forward and got him to the ground.  Our guys could not get Mahomes down,  not fast enough 

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

My hot take: This was the last SB Joe Burrow has ever played.

Dan Marino

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

The game was ok/good/competitive, but this was the least invested in any superbowl I could remember.

I just didn't feel any excitement in it.  Even at the end, I was like "Ok, there might be a game winning score here...or can the hold them?", but it was more like those thoughts were going 'through the motions' in my head instead of meaning anything.

The Rams won, they are the champions...but deep down I don't feel they were even the best team in the NFC or the Bengals were the best team in the AFC.

Again, the game was OK, but I personally didn't feel any drama...nothing invested.  I don't know, kinda just an 'ok' but somewhat 'empty' feeling in this game because it just didn't matter to me in any way.

Well, the 4th best team in the NFC beat the 4th best team in the AFC… nothing super about this watered-down SB at all. Not as bad as the Braves winning the WS this year though.

• Dislike 1

Really felt like the clock struck midnight on the Bengals. Towards the end a lot started going against them.  

Then very late, a 2nd and 1 pass to Chase, incomplete.

A 3rd and 1 run by Perine for no gain.

A 4th and 1 pass, got blown up.

BallGame.

They were converting those plays in previous playoff games.

Again, clock struck midnight on Cinci

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.