Super Bowl Second Half Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Bengals got ***** by the refs. What a terrible super bowl.

Bengals should've been down a TD from that blatant OPI. 

Yeah, the Rams got bailed out & a new set of downs on a crappy holding call, but they still had a down left to get a 1st or a TD. Either way, they both had their chances. The bigger issue was the Bengals horrible O-line just letting Burrow get ragdolled. 

Rams are the Champs, regardless of how it's viewed. Donald gets his ring. Stafford makes the throw to Kupp that wins the game. Now they will go back to a middling type team in the NFC West. OBJ, Whitworth, possibly even Donald gone. They achieved their goal though.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the Bengals will be back to the SB anytime soon. If they were going to win it, this was probably the year for them. Everything fell their way. They could realistically miss the playoffs next year depending on how the rest of the AFC North looks next year (probably a lot better than this year, with Steelers QB being the unknown).

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Not a fan of defense?

For me it was the injuries, awful playcalling, and suspect calls/non calls that takes it down several notches. 

This has the feel of the 89 Super Bowl, and I'm sure the same for older Cincy supporters - same score and tense ending, but an overall mediocre game

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That is my biggest issue. They didn’t call that all game…. Until the end. 

the counter being that the bengals corners started mugging them every down at the end. To call nothing would’ve been terribly egregious. Letting a one off fly here and there is one thing but every down in that situation you have to give the rams some semblance of a fair chance to make plays within the rules 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.