PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

12 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

What halftime show can you NOT say that about?

This was old school, LOL.  Who do you want, 70's rock bands or 80's hair bands?  those were 40-50 years ago

I was thinking the bands of our US military 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

“My words are not that powerful. I started saying in 1985 I don’t think we should have a music talking about (illegal word) and ***** and hoes. It had no impact. I’ve said it. I’ve repeated it. I still repeat it. To me that’s more damaging than a statue of Robert E. Lee.”

The fabulous, Wynford Marsalis

Notwithstanding, in the end, we all simply know what we like. While I’m a yuuuge music fan and generally look down on Rap & a lotta Hip Hop, there are 2 others I generally despise.

One is Country.

The other is Western.

To each his own.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou said:

Like a lot of people, I attended a super bowl party that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I could probably write a book about the antics and all the super bowl parties I've attended over the years, but nobody would probably ever read it.  However; it doesn't lessen the impact that the game and the half time show has had on it's patrons over the years and this one was no exception.  And by the way, I'm almost 64.

I noticed that some of the guests watched the entire game and the halftime show.  Some guests only watched the game, not the halftime show.  While others just watched the halftime show.  Others were so drunk, I was convinced that they didn't even know their own name.  Indeed, an overly, entertaining evening for Sweet Lou. 

So, in closing, we are all born with the right that every one is entitled to their own opinion.  It's just like our ass!  We all have one.  My stance on the half time show, because I too have an ass!  Without music, life would be a journey through the desert.

“Asses” picks or it didn’t…

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Perhaps you are. Maybe its just me.  But I was taught it's not polite to make fun of people for their immutable characteristics such as age and other things.

Cool. I was taught to take a joke and have thicker skin.

But to each his own old man! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, klos63 said:

yeah, which part of the population do you think the OP was talking about when he said only they like this music?

Obviously you and the OP have never been to a rap concert.  Every one I’ve been too is 60-80% white.  When I was a kid growing up in the 80/90’s all of my white friends (even the ones that listened to country) listened to rap and later hip hop.  To answer your question “they” isn’t race to me it’s “fans of hip hop” that the OP was referring too.  I recommend trying to understand peoples posts prior to jumping to judgement.  Regardless of what some media outlets say about humanity, most people in our society mean well.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Obviously you and the OP have never been to a rap concert.  Every one I’ve been too is 60-80% white.  When I was a kid growing up in the 80/90’s all of my white friends (even the ones that listened to country) listened to rap and later hip hop.  To answer your question “they” isn’t race to me it’s “fans of hip hop” that the OP was referring too.  I recommend trying to understand peoples posts prior to jumping to judgement.  Regardless of what some media outlets say about humanity, most people in our society mean well.  

The post was very negative. I think I understood it perfectly. He was complaining about an all black show. As other posters have mentioned, most musical genres likely don't have 50% of the public that likes a type of music.  No I've never been to a rap show, I don't care for the music, Pink Floyd will never play at halftime so I have no expectations of liking the show.

I would've liked it to just be just Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Eminem but it was better than the last crap they've thrown out the last 10 years or so since they stopped featuring the old rock bands (McCartney, Petty, Rolling Stones, Spingsteen, The Who) after that heinous wardrobe malfunction.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I would've liked it to just be just Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Eminem but it was better than the last crap they've thrown out the last 10 years or so since they stopped featuring the old rock bands (McCartney, Petty, Rolling Stones, Spingsteen, The Who) after that heinous wardrobe malfunction.

Agree 100% re: Dr. Dre, Snoop and Eminem.  Definitely would have been better in my opinion.  I do think Tom Petty's halftime show was very good, but the others you mentioned were definitely "meh."

Prince, in my opinion, set the bar.  And he set it at an unattainable height.  I'll be shocked if we ever see a better halftime performance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 2/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, klos63 said:

The post was very negative. I think I understood it perfectly. He was complaining about an all black show. As other posters have mentioned, most musical genres likely don't have 50% of the public that likes a type of music.  No I've never been to a rap show, I don't care for the music, Pink Floyd will never play at halftime so I have no expectations of liking the show.

I can see you are a man of excellent musical taste.

🙌

On 2/15/2022 at 8:20 AM, klos63 said:

Is Eminem the Mike McDaniel of the rap world?

And unless Waters is on board, I'd rather not see Floyd play halftime, or anywhere else for that matter.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sweet Lou said:

Like a lot of people, I attended a super bowl party that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I could probably write a book about the antics and all the super bowl parties I've attended over the years, but nobody would probably ever read it.  However; it doesn't lessen the impact that the game and the half time show has had on it's patrons over the years and this one was no exception.  And by the way, I'm almost 64.

I noticed that some of the guests watched the entire game and the halftime show.  Some guests only watched the game, not the halftime show.  While others just watched the halftime show.  Others were so drunk, I was convinced that they didn't even know their own name.  Indeed, an overly, entertaining evening for Sweet Lou. 

So, in closing, we are all born with the right that every one is entitled to their own opinion.  It's just like our ass!  We all have one.  My stance on the half time show, because I too have an ass!  Without music, life would be a journey through the desert.

In my opinion if every guest can recite every SB MVP in order from SB 1 on at the party then why are they even there 😅

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is Eminem the Mike McDaniel of the rap world?

And unless Waters is on board, I'd rather not see Floyd play halftime, or anywhere else for that matter.

That ain't happening.  Debating to go see Waters in Vegas, but it's $300 for a bad seat i think

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.