PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I gave it an "ok" although I enjoy all of these artists - Dre, the most, Lamar the least.  

Snoop is a great performer because he's kept performing since he hit it big. Same for MJB.  You can tell their voices are in shape.  

Dre certainly showed the rust - I don't think he's performed in *years* - at least since 2015 probably.  Same for 50 Cent. He's more actor today.    Their voices weren't there.  

I like the variety of the SB halftime shows.  Post Janet, the NFL mined the elderly rockers for too long.  

Ive seen Dre live multiple times in the past 5 years.  Hes performed with Ice Cube at Coachella, Eminem at Coachella, as well as some other guest appearances.  He doesn't perform a ton, but he pops up here and there in some big shows.  I think my favorite was when he came out with Ice Cube (who was headlining), Mc Ren, and Easy E son to reunite as NWA and honor Eazy E as well at Coachella.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Heitz said:

No doubt there and that was my point - people are like "Oh there's rap in the halftime show, so awful!", yeah, like Classic Rap at this point.  And if people can't handle / understand vintage Dre, they would REALLY flip out at some of the new stuff out.  Last night's show was ultra relevant to the SB market and was, in context, pretty mellow on the rap front...

Also, people that "hate rap" or "hate country" don't really listen to music (or just love overly broad generalizations).  I mean, I'm certainly not a country guy, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good country songs out there.  They're just reaaaaaal few and far between on my playlist! :D

Anywho, I loved the show and am stoked for my friends at Pepsi, no matter what Kieth Richards thinks of hip-hop :beer:

I am by no means a true fan of hip hop. My son had a DR DRE album and I learned about le cronique LOL which took on other meanings. But the Album was The Chronic. I guess u could say a foundational Rap album if there is such a thing. Im not a snoop dog pounder lol I dont mind his corona beer commercials I think they are pretty...anyway music is crucial in however form a person wishes to partake 🙂

**flashes peace sign***-m

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Education provided by Alpha.  Thank you, my friend, I did not know that.  In my only defense I didn't know that the gathering was just for Cali/LA artists.

I really paid no attention to anything leading up to the SB after...the thing that happened in KC.

Haha no problem bud.  Missy Elliot is great live too, seen her come out as a surprise guest at some shows and kill it.  She definitely was one of the most important female artists and overall artists in hip hop history.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ive seen Dre live multiple times in the past 5 years.  Hes performed with Ice Cube at Coachella, Eminem at Coachella, as well as some other guest appearances.  He doesn't perform a ton, but he pops up here and there in some big shows.  I think my favorite was when he came out with Cube, Mc Ren, and Easy E son to reunite as NWA and honor Eazy E as well at Coachella.  

my son had the opportunity to play a backup role for DMC of Run DMC once in the studio here in san diego. he has a pic on his instagram he was jazzed......it was a side project the DMC guy was doing and he wanted to hire the musicians in Cults.  True story.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_McDaniels

@Alphadawg7image.png.6a9751de4a3b10dc4a66c91249453d4d.png

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

my son had the opportunity to play a backup role for RUN of Run DMC once in the studio here in san diego. he has a pic on his instagram he was jazzed......it was a side project the RUN guy was doing and he wanted to hire the musicians in Cults.  True story.

image.png.6a9751de4a3b10dc4a66c91249453d4d.png

He was Run's backup?  But, he looks nothing like him... 🤣

That's actually super rad - Run is a legend if ever there was one! :beer: 

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

my son had the opportunity to play a backup role for RUN of Run DMC once in the studio here in san diego. he has a pic on his instagram he was jazzed......it was a side project the RUN guy was doing and he wanted to hire the musicians in Cults.  True story.

HA thats freaking amazing!

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

If you don't get this Tweet, don't worry: It gets you. 

I haven't the foggiest idea what that tweet means, but if you think that you're soooo far beyond me that my shallow simplicity is embarrassingly transparent because I don't stay up to date with your cultural fashionista trends, then you're just as big an ashhole as whoever it is that you are trying to mock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

It was AWESOME. they could have flipped it and made the entire Game the Halftime show and put the game at halftime and the ratings still would have been huge. 

not sure why 50 decided to hang himself upside down though lol. 

snoops crip walk still on point. 

I despise country music. So yeah seems the half the country Hates rap statement but like country is well wrong. 

💯 

the hanging upside down bit was a callback to the original music video for the song.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, muppy said:

I screwed up..this was the DMC guy NOT Run MY BAD..I looked him up. I should have done that first https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_McDaniels definitely was DMC

31 minutes ago, Heitz said:

He was Run's backup?  But, he looks nothing like him... 🤣

That's actually super rad - Run is a legend if ever there was one! :beer: 

I screwed up DMC FTW **blush**-m

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

No offense but that isn't rap to anyone that grew up listening to the artists at the game 

no offense taken.  Did you listen to the whole album?  Sure it is.  Please explain how its not if its not.  What are you, the rap police?  😆

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ive seen Dre live multiple times in the past 5 years.  Hes performed with Ice Cube at Coachella, Eminem at Coachella, as well as some other guest appearances.  He doesn't perform a ton, but he pops up here and there in some big shows.  I think my favorite was when he came out with Ice Cube (who was headlining), Mc Ren, and Easy E son to reunite as NWA and honor Eazy E as well at Coachella.  

I gotcha.  I was thinking - has he performed at all since his last work which I thought was 2015 or since his aneurysm?  

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I haven't the foggiest idea what that tweet means, but if you think that you're soooo far beyond me that my shallow simplicity is embarrassingly transparent because I don't stay up to date with your cultural fashionista trends, then you're just as big an ashhole as whoever it is that you are trying to mock.

Aww Simon you remain as sweet on me as ever. 

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Something to think about.  You will be old one day too if you are lucky.

Maybe I already am but I get the joke? 

Been posting here since about 97 or 98 after all. 

Like a lot of people, I attended a super bowl party that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I could probably write a book about the antics and all the super bowl parties I've attended over the years, but nobody would probably ever read it.  However; it doesn't lessen the impact that the game and the half time show has had on it's patrons over the years and this one was no exception.  And by the way, I'm almost 64.

I noticed that some of the guests watched the entire game and the halftime show.  Some guests only watched the game, not the halftime show.  While others just watched the halftime show.  Others were so drunk, I was convinced that they didn't even know their own name.  Indeed, an overly, entertaining evening for Sweet Lou. 

So, in closing, we are all born with the right that every one is entitled to their own opinion.  It's just like our ass!  We all have one.  My stance on the half time show, because I too have an ass!  Without music, life would be a journey through the desert.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.