SB Halftime show

PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

I'm not much of a rap fan but that being said I enjoyed Dr. Dre & Snoop more than i thought i would enjoy it even though Snoop did say some pretty ignorant things about killing cops in the past of which all was forgotten & i also really liked Mary J i think she was the highlight of the show .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I vehemently hate country music.  This show was quintessentially California and it was good.  My only real complaint is that the sound work could’ve been better.

Yeah the sound mix SUCKED! I have a large home theater system (7.1.2) and it was very noticeable to me. I cranked the volume way up and it still sounded like crap. I don’t know why it was mixed to be so quiet/lacking dynamics.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No, but for example Country music. people dont hate it, its not for them.. for this style of music there is more the hate factor 

well that’s the most obvious dog whistle i’ve ever read here. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah the sound mix SUCKED! I have a large home theater system (7.1.2) and it was very noticeable to me. I cranked the volume way up and it still sounded like crap. I don’t know why it was mixed to be so quiet/lacking dynamics.

Agree the mix and delay was bad. Loved the show though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I suspected a lot, if not all, lip syncing. I say that because the vocal levels were too perfect. In a live setting with a hand held mic, you will hear a telltale fade in and out as the mic is raised and lowered. I didn't hear any of that in the show even though most of the singers used hand held mics.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus.

It's like a Rorschach test, ain't it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Watched this instead.

I remember after i think it was the year they had the Who as the halftime show & a lot of younger people were saying they wish they would stop having all theses old groups on the half time shows .

That was after they had the likes of Petty, Aerosmith, The Who in consecutive years & i thought man this next generation doesn't have a clue what good music is these guys are icons with in the music world & you don't want to here them & would rather have the Black Eyed Peas ??

Which IMHO the Black Eyed Peas were the absolute worst halftime show ever ... And didn't they have them on 2 times ?? 😩

1 hour ago, rockpile said:

I did not like the half time music, but that is not unusual. There is music I love and music I dislike. A lot of people enjoyed it. 

"Combined With a total of 21 Billboard No. 1 albums and 43 Grammys across the stacked lineup, this show will be one to remember." NBCDFW

You want to add 24 more Grammy noms?

Then Missy Elliott should have been there.  

Annoying that her place in music history from that generation gets pushed to the side.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No, but for example Country music. people dont hate it, its not for them.. for this style of music there is more the hate factor 

Why?  Because you feel that way?  I mean based on what you said, I actually hate country music, so thats already a flawed statement you just made.  In fact, I love all kinds of music except Country which I cant stand.

That was literally going to go down as probably the greatest halftime show so far in history.  Its fine to now be into that type of music, but that was an iconic showing by some of the biggest Icons in not only hip hop history, but music history.  You wont likely ever see a collection of this many iconic people on a SB halftime stage.  I mean even Eminems band had Anderson Paak on the drums and the Roots.  It was crazy.  

No one type of music, no artist, etc is ever going to make everyone happy.  Dont see the need to hate on it because you don't like hip hop or R&B.  Your personal taste about the genre of music is no where close a reflection of the quality of the show for those who do appreciate those artists or genre.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You want to add 24 more Grammy noms?

Then Missy Elliott should have been there.  

Annoying that her place in music history from that generation gets pushed to the side.  

Missy Elliot was not part of the LA Hip Hop culture, thats why.  She has performed with some of them before in other shows.  But she wasn't part of the iconic LA Hip Hop scene or linked to Dre.  The rest were, which is why they were part of the show.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

horrible halftime show only hitting half the population that likes this type of music. 

Oh yea cause

The Who

Maroon 5

Coldplay

That's the music everyone likes.

Also this thread is a prime example of "Tell me you are an old white due without telling me you are an old white dude."

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I gave it an "ok" although I enjoy all of these artists - Dre, the most, Lamar the least.  

Snoop is a great performer because he's kept performing since he hit it big. Same for MJB.  You can tell their voices are in shape.  

Dre certainly showed the rust - I don't think he's performed in *years* - at least since 2015 probably.  Same for 50 Cent. He's more actor today.    Their voices weren't there.  

I like the variety of the SB halftime shows.  Post Janet, the NFL mined the elderly rockers for too long.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Heitz said:

The social buzz I saw was overwhelmingly positive. I’m sure I’ll see results on LI…

As for the relevance question, those artists have sold about a billion records and not only influenced, but driven culture for 30+ years from right there in SoCal.  The game was *in Inglewood* and people don’t get why Metallica wasn’t playing? 🤔

That show was like classic hip-hop!  If they had some of the new kids up there, people would really lose their minds… 🤣

Heitz if the NFL even dared to allow these new popular artists like Megan Lee Stallion and her ilk on the stage it would be like an ***** of over exploited genitalia and Boobs OUT..I agree with the bolded 100% ...I doubt the NFL wants to go in THAT direction...I think the general public would hate it, A Lot of comments last night were regarding the overblown Over the top Over Glitz that was the intro to the game......I mean I understand that one persons fav music is another persons can't stand...thats a given ....but we are/were bombarded with Flash Bang Boom..people I think want more nuance, substance, fresh ideas.

anyway again just a few thoughts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, muppy said:

Heitz if the NFL even dared to allow these new popular artists like Megan Lee Stallion and her ilk on the stage it would be like an ***** of over exploited genitalia and Boobs OUT..I agree with the bolded 100% ...I doubt the NFL wants to go in THAT direction...I think the general public would hate it, A Lot of comments last night were regarding the overblown Over the top Over Glitz that was the intro to the game......I mean I understand that one persons fav music is another persons can't stand...thats a given ....but we are/were bombarded with Flash Bang Boom..people I think want more nuance, substance, fresh ideas.

anyway again just a few thoughts.

No doubt there and that was my point - people are like "Oh there's rap in the halftime show, so awful!", yeah, like Classic Rap at this point.  And if people can't handle / understand vintage Dre, they would REALLY flip out at some of the new stuff out.  Last night's show was ultra relevant to the SB market and was, in context, pretty mellow on the rap front...

Also, people that "hate rap" or "hate country" don't really listen to music (or just love overly broad generalizations).  I mean, I'm certainly not a country guy, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good country songs out there.  They're just reaaaaaal few and far between on my playlist! :D

Anywho, I loved the show and am stoked for my friends at Pepsi, no matter what Kieth Richards thinks of hip-hop :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Oh yea cause

The Who

Maroon 5

Coldplay

That's the music everyone likes.

Also this thread is a prime example of "Tell me you are an old white due without telling me you are an old white dude."

The real crime is lumping in Coldplay and Maroon 5 in with The Who.  That's like putting Will Smith in with Chuck D and Ice-T.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  Because you feel that way?  I mean based on what you said, I actually hate country music, so thats already a flawed statement you just made.  In fact, I love all kinds of music except Country which I cant stand.

That was literally going to go down as probably the greatest halftime show so far in history.  Its fine to now be into that type of music, but that was an iconic showing by some of the biggest Icons in not only hip hop history, but music history.  You wont likely ever see a collection of this many iconic people on a SB halftime stage.  I mean even Eminems band had Anderson Paak on the drums and the Roots.  It was crazy.  

No one type of music, no artist, etc is ever going to make everyone happy.  Dont see the need to hate on it because you don't like hip hop or R&B.  Your personal taste about the genre of music is no where close a reflection of the quality of the show for those who do appreciate those artists or genre.

Missy Elliot was not part of the LA Hip Hop culture, thats why.  She has performed with some of them before in other shows.  But she wasn't part of the iconic LA Hip Hop scene or linked to Dre.  The rest were, which is why they were part of the show.

Education provided by Alpha.  Thank you, my friend, I did not know that.  In my only defense I didn't know that the gathering was just for Cali/LA artists.

I really paid no attention to anything leading up to the SB after...the thing that happened in KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.