PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

IMHO, best halftime show was Up With People.

All kidding aside I watched a few minutes. I won't comment on if it was good or not cuz I don't like rap.  I also don't like watching people lip sync.  I don't like rap cuz the background beats all sound pretty much the same.  And I can't make out the words to it cuz they talk so fast. But a lot of people like it and I'm sure it takes talent, but its just not my thing.

What I would rather see is a top notch funky marching band like Gambling, Georgia Southern, or Norfolk State.

This was my post on the half time show and rap.  I don't like rap. You do. So what?  Why does that bother you?  I never said it was horrible, quite the contrary.

7 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

So you are saying you don't speak English😂

This thread is full of it's not my music so it's horrible posts. Grow up. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean someone else didn't. 

I speak English just fine. To be fair I can't make out the lyrics in most rock songs either. If you can find one of my posts where I said what you said I said, please let me know.

I do own one rap CD.  US3 Hand on the Torch.  Its awesome.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This was my post on the half time show and rap.  I don't like rap. You do. So what?  Why does that bother you?  I never said it was horrible, quite the contrary.

I speak English just fine. To be fair I can't make out the lyrics in most rock songs either. If you can find one of my posts where I said what you said I said, please let me know.

I do own one rap CD.  US3 Hand on the Torch.  Its awesome.

Who? 😂 The English joke was for you. The rest was about the thread overall 

• Haha (+1) 1

Loved it! So many legends, so many songs I listened to on walkman back in the early 90s. It was awesome to see Dre, Snoop, Mary J, Eminem, and 50 all looking and sounding good and Snoop and Dre truly represent the West Coast. It was about time for hip hop to get to be center stage at a halftime show. I liked the live instruments, little piano tribute to Tupac. Kendrick Lamar is another generation, but a genius too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

horrible halftime show only hitting half the population that likes this type of music. 

I don't particularly like rap outside of The Chronic & 2001 and I can't stand pop, but I thought this was a fantastic halftime show. The production quality was fantastic and the ensemble cast of musicians kept everything flowing and dynamic. Despite being a music lover, that's not why I watch the Super Bowl, so I'd much rather see a cool show than some washed up rocker sing a couple of songs. As long as the music isn't grating, it's really a secondary concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

horrible halftime show only hitting half the population that likes this type of music. 

Well, it coulda been worse. Coulda been the 2 genres I despise, one of them is Country & the other Western! 

And anytime you get to hear the inspirational ‘Lose Yourself’ is a good day in my books! On the other hand, some peeps thought this was the best one! 

Really? Act like you’ve actually attended a SB before, let alone listened to and reviewed the 50 odd with a decent show! I had McCartney & MJ and they weren’t the best!

Being a fan of Snoop, Dre, Kendrick and Em I was hoping for something awesome. It was a gigantic let down. Rap just isn't that good live. Of all the rappers I've seen live there was only 1 showmen I've seen and that would be Juicy J which is definitely not clean enough for half time. Censoring the songs really does change them. Prince, Gaga, Bruno Mars were all better than this because the put on a show.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, harryS said:

disgusting halftime show.  hard to even look at.  all of a sudden my tv screen filled up with ugly people.

Shoulda had a couple lookers like Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger, eh? 

10 hours ago, T&C said:

Where was the talent though? That was just a horrible mish mash of crap... it sucked.

THERE ARE KIDS ON YOUR LAWN!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

What halftime show can you NOT say that about?

7 hours ago, major said:

One year I keep hoping they will go old school and have some bands play #justsaying 

This was old school, LOL.  Who do you want, 70's rock bands or 80's hair bands?  those were 40-50 years ago

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

So you are saying you don't speak English😂

This thread is full of it's not my music so it's horrible posts. Grow up. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean someone else didn't. 

But I believe the question asked at the beginning of this thread is "How did YOU like the half time show? " His and other responses you referenced were spot on for them.  

It seems you are having a bit of trouble with the English language yourself.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.