How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/dee-snider-super-bowl-halftime-show/

"Hey @NFL! Your go-to songs at EVERY game are metal" he wrote. "'Enter Sandman,' '***** On Feel the Noise,' 'Thunder[struck],' 'Crazy Train,' 'We're Not Gonna Take It,' 'We Are the Champions,' 'Final Countdown,' 'I Wanna Rock,' 'We Will Rock You,' 'Welcome to Jungle.' NONE of those bands have EVER played half-time show!"

I agree 100% with Dee. I’ve been to games in Buffalo, NJ, Baltimore and DC and heard rock music in each stadium. 

Yes.  And for most young adults that's the only thing they know that music from.  Kind of how Gary Glitter was for us forty something's who grew up in the 80s/90s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The crowd at a stadium on Sunday is different than the Super Bowl audience. Everyone watches the Super Bowl, getting a bunch dudes hyped at the stadium is different from targeting a wide audience. I think this is great music, I love those songs, and your enthusiasm for rock, but they aren’t dragging out an obese Axl Rose for a halftime show at this point. 

Lol at Obese Axl Rose. He looks like Mama Fratelli from the Goonies. 50 Cent looked like 75 cent with the weight he put on.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I liked the stage and how they made it look like a city, but wasn’t a fan of the music. Bad lip syncing and Mary J. Blige trying to look like J-lo.

I still don’t get what the NFL has against rock music. Metallica is played a lot in every Bills home game, would love to see them in the halftime show.

I think Bands present way more of a challenge since instruments are actually being played, therefore amps. drums etc all have to be mic'd up, so there is way more sound production involved with little time to make it happen. With what they did tonight they are basically rapping to pre recorded backing tracks way easier to pull off. Also bands like Metallica etc with musicians who have 10,000 plus hours of practicing and mastering their instruments are going to want to play for real and not fake it to pre recorded tracks.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No, but for example Country music. people dont hate it, its not for them.. for this style of music there is more the hate factor 

I vehemently hate country music.  This show was quintessentially California and it was good.  My only real complaint is that the sound work could’ve been better.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I vehemently hate country music

I don't like alot of the new "country music" but when you look back on the history of it there are alot of great musicians who were masters of their craft who came from Country music. Chet Atkins, Albert Lee, Buddy Emmons, etc etc etc musicians who can really play their instruments and spent countless hours learning to do so. Also so many great songwriters who crafted countless songs that had substance-Merle Haggard, Waylon, Willie, etc etc etc. What i watched today took little to no talent or work to pull off, all production no substance.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL plays one game a year where the halftime is twice as long as every other game. The Super Bowl. For this reason I've always hated these halftime productions, even if it's an artist that I enjoy.

This year they apparently thought it was a good idea for the Rock to do whatever the hell he did on the field after the coin toss and before kickoff. Seriously, wtf was that and who thought it was a good idea?

It will never happen, but it would be great if they cut out all this bs and focused instead on just playing a damn football game.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

The NFL plays one game a year where the halftime is twice as long as every other game. The Super Bowl. For this reason I've always hated these halftime productions, even if it's an artist that I enjoy.

This year they apparently thought it was a good idea for the Rock to do whatever the hell he did on the field after the coin toss and before kickoff. Seriously, wtf was that and who thought it was a good idea?

It will never happen, but it would be great if they cut out all this bs and focused instead on just playing a damn football game.

totally agree you can't have any music performance of any authenticity or substance in so little time, so what you get is fake cheesey production that takes away from the football, its pointless and only done for the money

• Like (+1) 1

Look, I’m an old white guy. I should have hated the halftime show, but I found it well done and entertaining for music that won’t make my Spotify playlist, except maybe “Lose Yourself ”  … I’ll give it a solid B

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No, but for example Country music. people dont hate it, its not for them.. for this style of music there is more the hate factor 

I know PLENTY of people who detest so called country music 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I don't like alot of the new "country music" but when you look back on the history of it there are alot of great musicians who were masters of their craft who came from Country music. Chet Atkins, Albert Lee, Buddy Emmons, etc etc etc musicians who can really play their instruments and spent countless hours learning to do so. Also so many great songwriters who crafted countless songs that had substance-Merle Haggard, Waylon, Willie, etc etc etc. What i watched today took little to no talent or work to pull off, all production no substance.

This it true.  I actually like some of that stuff.  Some bluegrass too.  Country music today isn’t just bad on its surface and in its soul, it also came at the expense of destroying the music you are talking about, which was superior in a lot of ways.  Too bad it is all but gone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

This it true.  I actually like some of that stuff.  Some bluegrass too.  Country music today isn’t just bad on its surface and in its soul, it also came at the expense of destroying the music you are talking about, which was superior in a lot of ways.  Too bad it is all but gone. 

well my old ass is still playing it lol along with rock and blues,  i am not getting rich or famous thats for sure, but i am making enough to pay the bills and make a living, most people in the places i play, wineries.breweries, bars etc. still wanna hear it thank god, but most who go out to hear live music are the older generation like myself

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I liked the stage and how they made it look like a city, but wasn’t a fan of the music. Bad lip syncing and Mary J. Blige trying to look like J-lo.

I still don’t get what the NFL has against rock music. Metallica is played a lot in every Bills home game, would love to see them in the halftime show.

I don’t generally watch the Grammys, but I caught a performance a few years ago where lady Gaga sang with Metallica … it was outstanding, and that type of halftime show would work

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.