Adrian Peterson arrested today; assaulted wife on plane

Big Blitz

26 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Theoretically it should have ZERO impact on him getting into the Hall of Fame, one of the hallmarks of the Football HOF, unlike Baseball and why they shun players like Roger Clemens and Pete Rose.

That's kind of my point.  I can't think of an NFL player shun worthy like the MLB has had.  I know there's been players with some documented off field issues but to Peterson's level?  

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

That's kind of my point.  I can't think of an NFL player shun worthy like the MLB has had.  I know there's been players with some documented off field issues but to Peterson's level?  

John Mcclain on Houston Sportsradio 610 mentioned this in regards to OJ Simpson and the Hall of Fame he would vote again for OJ.  McClain is a voter for the HOF in football and baseball and said there is no "character" concerns while voting in football, it is all about what they did on the field and are told to vote that way whereas Baseball character can be considered.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Let's wait and see if Peterson is even charged, let alone convicted. 

Big Ben seems to be widely viewed as a HOFer and the allegations against him were much more serious. 

If I was going to bet on it I think both AP and Ben make it, but not in their first year of eligibility. 

58 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Big Ben seems to be widely viewed as a HOFer and the allegations against him were much more serious. 

If I was going to bet on it I think both AP and Ben make it, but not in their first year of eligibility. 

Ben of course will be in the same class as TB12, so that will give some voters an excuse.

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a verbal and physical altercation significant enough to have a pilot return the plane to the gate and AP to be arrested (and FBI notified) again for assaulting a family member---with a planeload of people watching it go down.

What context is "the brain" struggling with?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33283843/nfl-running-back-adrian-peterson-arrested-connection-officials-said-was-domestic-violence-incident?platform=amp 

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Yeah I definitely see your point.   It's interesting how the NFL handles these controversies differently and gets the media to follow suit.   

I posed the question but knew the answer.   They'll be celebrated despite some pretty awful actions. 

You're not suggesting Peterson possibly didn't do this are you?

28 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Yeah I definitely see your point.   It's interesting how the NFL handles these controversies differently and gets the media to follow suit.   

I posed the question but knew the answer.   They'll be celebrated despite some pretty awful actions. 

You're not suggesting Peterson possibly didn't do this are you?

No, from what's being reported so far it certainly seems he did it. What he (allegedly) did was get into a verbal argument and then try to rip his wife's ring off, causing a scratch to her finger. She doesn't want to press charges. 

I don't know if that would get prison time for an average Joe, let alone a famous millionaire athlete. 

Domestic Violence is never ok, but there are degrees to it. I don't think AP has crossed a line that would ultimately keep him out of the HOF. 

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

John Mcclain on Houston Sportsradio 610 mentioned this in regards to OJ Simpson and the Hall of Fame he would vote again for OJ.  McClain is a voter for the HOF in football and baseball and said there is no "character" concerns while voting in football, it is all about what they did on the field and are told to vote that way whereas Baseball character can be considered.

Terrell Owens has entered the chat.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

No, from what's being reported so far it certainly seems he did it. What he (allegedly) did was get into a verbal argument and then try to rip his wife's ring off, causing a scratch to her finger. She doesn't want to press charges. 

I don't know if that would get prison time for an average Joe, let alone a famous millionaire athlete. 

Domestic Violence is never ok, but there are degrees to it. I don't think AP has crossed a line that would ultimately keep him out of the HOF. 

Then maybe focus on what he did to his kid might jade you a bit more on him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Then maybe focus on what he did to his kid might jade you a bit more on him.

He took a switch to his kid and went overboard with it. He ended up with no jail time, probation, and a $4,000 fine. 

Did he get a sweetheart deal because he's rich and famous with a good attorney? That's definitely a possibility. It's also possible that what he did wasn't that egregious and probation with a 4k fine is an appropriate punishment. 

I think it's more than fair to say that AP is a piece of ***** as a human being, but I don't think he's a big enough piece of ***** to be disqualified from the HOF. There's a lot of guys in the HOF with very questionable pasts (including a number of Bills). 

57 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

He took a switch to his kid and went overboard with it. He ended up with no jail time, probation, and a $4,000 fine. 

Did he get a sweetheart deal because he's rich and famous with a good attorney? That's definitely a possibility. It's also possible that what he did wasn't that egregious and probation with a 4k fine is an appropriate punishment. 

I think it's more than fair to say that AP is a piece of ***** as a human being, but I don't think he's a big enough piece of ***** to be disqualified from the HOF. There's a lot of guys in the HOF with very questionable pasts (including a number of Bills). 

visible swelling, marks and cuts" on the child's ankles, limbs, back, buttocks and genitals left by Peterson's weapon of choice, a tree branch, or "switch," 

Yeah not too bad, just questionable. 

I hope that people will learn from this. Criminals tend to repeat their criminal behavior.

After he abused his kid, folks actually defended him. He once had problems in a bar and I remember an announcer on Sirius (the schmuck from Michigan) blaming the police. This was before the child abuse. 

Make no mistake.....the odds of this being the last time he gets in trouble are slim. He is a scumbag and this will not change. We can lend credence to one sob story or another but in reality, he is still a scumbag. I hope that down the road he goes to prison where he belongs.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:49 PM, John from Riverside said:

What is with this guy

What do you think John?

On 2/14/2022 at 9:05 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.