Aaron Donald may retire if Rams win SB?

YoloinOhio

On 5/31/2022 at 8:44 AM, TBBills said:

I bet lots of athletes wish they had the drugs back then these guys get to take to get that big.

Yup, I wish the league would just stop lying and pretending these guys aren’t juiced up 24/7/365,  it’s a running joke at this point, funny how they all shrink after they retire…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You should have stayed a Chiefs fan instead of jumping teams.........past few seasons must have been extra tough for you.

What a dumb comment.  Ive been a die hard Bills fan since the 80’s despite never setting foot in Buffalo until last September for the home opener.  But I’m also a huge fan of football, so there are players I’ve enjoyed over the years that were not Bills players.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, I wish the league would just stop lying and pretending these guys aren’t juiced up 24/7/365,  it’s a running joke at this point, funny how they all shrink after they retire…, 

Go Bills!!!

Most of the lineman shrink because most people are not made to be 320lbs.  I listen to Joe Thomas a lot being a Browns fan, and he discussed how hard it was to keep his weight at 315lbs to play LT.  He would literally eat at all hours of the day, and eat huge amounts of good/calories just to keep his weight up.  A local kid from where I'm from was recruited D1 college football, and ended up at Michigan.  He was a pretty highly touted OL, especially for a small HS, and he is now a TE simply because he was physically unable to keep his weight where it needed to be to play D1.

Players are bigger/faster/stronger because they are focused on nutrition and training almost 24/7/365.  I'm not naïve enough to think no one is juicing, but Donald isn't some 350lbs muscle bound monster.  He is huge obviously, but he plays at like 280-290.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Most of the lineman shrink because most people are not made to be 320lbs.  I listen to Joe Thomas a lot being a Browns fan, and he discussed how hard it was to keep his weight at 315lbs to play LT.  He would literally eat at all hours of the day, and eat huge amounts of good/calories just to keep his weight up.  A local kid from where I'm from was recruited D1 college football, and ended up at Michigan.  He was a pretty highly touted OL, especially for a small HS, and he is now a TE simply because he was physically unable to keep his weight where it needed to be to play D1.

Players are bigger/faster/stronger because they are focused on nutrition and training almost 24/7/365.  I'm not naïve enough to think no one is juicing, but Donald isn't some 350lbs muscle bound monster.  He is huge obviously, but he plays at like 280-290.

He uses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Right, forgot you are a medical expert who knows the inner workings of the NFL and all of it's players.

I’m not naive enough to think these guys don’t dope, and I’m okay with it ,  the NFL is rife with the use HGH, and assorted other PEDs, it’s been common knowledge for sixty plus years, but do feel free to believe that these guys are pure as the driven snow…, 🙄 nuthin but luv dude, 

Go Bills!!!

He is the best defender in the league.   Has been for about 5 years.  He is paid as a top DT but he is something like the 20th highest paid defender.  Too good and too valuable not to get a pay increase.    

On 6/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, Don Otreply said:

I’m not naive enough to think these guys don’t dope, and I’m okay with it ,  the NFL is rife with the use HGH, and assorted other PEDs, it’s been common knowledge for sixty plus years, but do feel free to believe that these guys are pure as the driven snow…, 🙄 nuthin but luv dude, 

Go Bills!!!

They all smoke weed too but all but a few can figure out how to work the system. I get the feeling the same happens with PEDs.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

They all smoke weed too but all but a few can figure out how to work the system. I get the feeling the same happens with PEDs.

Exactly, its all a charade when it comes to peds & pot, that some folk actually believe these guys don’t use is well beyond being naive…,

GO BILLS!!!

Sounds like about mid $30’s mil./yr. for the next three years.  Good for him.  He’s the most important non QB on the field, if not at least the most important defensive player on football.

Its nearly impossible to neutralize him.  This is a guy who has earned his contract.

I wonder if Mack now maybe healed up a little more at LAC will have a bounce back year.  He was probably one of the closest to Donald when Mack was at his peak.  He hasn’t been there for awhile.

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Pretty much saw this coming myself. Retirement talk was to force Rams hand with him in a position that he clearly had the upper hand. Knew Rams were going to dish a whole lot of money to offer, however I didn't think it would be quite as much as that.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I do not understand the salary cap. 

It's basically what we did with Von Miller and essentially a 2 year deal for Donald and both sides can walk away after that without any penalty.

Rams have not been shy about their intentions of winning in the short term even if they end up picking #1 overall in the next 5 years which is a distinct possibility but McVay, Snead and all their current core players will be long gone by then anyway.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:55 AM, Don Otreply said:

He uses.

The use of this stuff isn't what makes anyone good. Go to an LA Fitness, there's 5 dudes on double the gear any NFLer us able to run and they look like 💩

They did a survey at Mr Olympia a few years back with the simple question.... "if you had to skip a meal or skip a workout, which would you skip."

The answer was unanimously 'skip a lift.' The food these guys have to eat is absurd.  They're gym rats, but borderline professional eaters. Eat every few hours until it hurts. You're still full, yet it's time for another 16oz chicken breast and few cups of rice.

99% of people couldn't do this for a day, let alone string together a decade or two of it consistently. 

To blame it on the gear is the same as "Ferraris aren't fast, look at the high octane gas they hsve in them."

Anyone can be in F-1 if they put $100/gallon gas in their Corrola 😆😆😆

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The use of this stuff isn't what makes anyone good. Go to an LA Fitness, there's 5 dudes on double the gear any NFLer us able to run and they look like 💩

They did a survey at Mr Olympia a few years back with the simple question.... "if you had to skip a meal or skip a workout, which would you skip."

The answer was unanimously 'skip a lift.' The food these guys have to eat is absurd.  They're gym rats, but borderline professional eaters. Eat every few hours until it hurts. You're still full, yet it's time for another 16oz chicken breast and few cups of rice.

99% of people couldn't do this for a day, let alone string together a decade or two of it consistently. 

To blame it on the gear is the same as "Ferraris aren't fast, look at the high octane gas they hsve in them."

Anyone can be in F-1 if they put $100/gallon gas in their Corrola 😆😆😆

The use makes them stronger, with more endurance, look at Lance Armstrong, a good strong rider, pre doping, a seven time TDF champion  while doping, it makes a difference in performance, I’m not against the use, I’m against the lack of honesty by the league and players, we all know they use, and we all don’t care that they do, but to pretend they don’t is beyond being naive, when you have a blessed physiology and dope, you become an elite athlete.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.