Reportedly Brian Flores admitted to Tua that they were pursuing Watson after the pre season finale

BuffaloBills1998

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How could it not? Everyone knows their QB is a dead man walking in the locker room and that's who they are supposed to be led by?

C'mon man...I think you are just looking for something that isn't there and making up fantasy land situations in your mind.

No I’m not making up stuff, you’d have to be blind to not see the Watson Situation being a distraction and that it was handled poorly

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Tua played pretty well down the stretch, leading the team to a 7-1 record to finish the season. He still hasn't played a full season yet.

He's so "meh".

Their defence was by far the main reason they went on a run.

He played "ok" against a lot of bad teams.

The one good team he faced during their run, (the Titans) he was horrendous and they got blown out

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

He's so "meh".

Their defence was by far the main reason they went on a run.

He played "ok" against a lot of bad teams.

The one good team he faced during their run, (the Titans) he was horrendous and they got blown out

His rookie season was coming off major surgery, and in his second year, once he got comfortable he played quite well. I know it's hard for people to admit to anything positive about our opponents, but he's started 21 games as a pro and the team record is 13-8 during those games. I don't think he's a superstar, but he probably ending up being a pretty solid QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Even to the casual observer, it was apparent that something was dysfunctional in Miami's administration.  What that is/was, IDK & IDC, other than people "didn't get along".  I don't see a problem w/ being honest & upfront w/ a player/subordinate.  I'm sure they don't appreciate the action, but they should appreciate the approach.

From my perspective, it seemed imprudent to bench Fitz & it seemed to be a point of contention there.  It's reasonable to assume that there was also some disagreement as to whether or not Tua was their guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

His rookie season was coming off major surgery, and in his second year, once he got comfortable he played quite well. I know it's hard for people to admit to anything positive about our opponents, but he's started 21 games as a pro and the team record is 13-8 during those games. I don't think he's a superstar, but he probably ending up being a pretty solid QB.

I respectfully disagree.

I don't see any traits in him that scare me.

I guess we will see

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No I’m not making up stuff, you’d have to be blind to not see the Watson Situation being a distraction and that it was handled poorly

I agree it was a distraction. The part I disagree is that there was a way to handle it where it wouldn't have been a distraction. There literally was not a good way to handle it.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Flores was the one who benched Fitzpatrick. No one put a gun to his head and forced Fitz to be benched, that was all flores

A long time ago, one owner demanded that the scrub QB start a playoff game.  Just saying !

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Flores was the one who benched Fitzpatrick. No one put a gun to his head and forced Fitz to be benched, that was all flores

I am not sure…was Flores told to play Tua or was he trying to put Tua in there.

him refusing to tamper with Watson make we doubt he wanted Watson

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

it wasn’t exactly a secret that Ross was trying to work a deal for Watson. Why is being honest and admitting it to Tua so bad? Should he have lied to the kid and told him the entirety of NFL media were all FOS?

Yes!

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

Tua played pretty well down the stretch, leading the team to a 7-1 record to finish the season. He still hasn't played a full season yet.

He was ok, but they played some pretty bad teams in that stretch. Jets x2 giants, Panthers, saints w/ Ian Book. He had 9 TDs against that murder row of defenses. 

Tua has started 21 games by the way. Two full seasons of NFL coaching and he was the most “pro ready”. He’s out if

excuses 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://t.co/C4aU0kep4g some on here might not agree with me. But I think this proves that Flores wasn’t ready to be a HC. I mean I kind of feel for Tua here, being put in a situation where your HC hated your guts and wanted you gone. I’m starting to wonder if Flores was purposefully trying to sabotage Tua by not getting him an OC or a QBS coach.  

Flores is a joke, his days in the league are over. Played the race card when he got fired for not doing what his boss wanted. If he really was upset with Ross he should have resigned at that time not throw a hissy fit when he got canned.

• Like (+1) 1

Problems with his GM.

Problems with team owner.

Problems with multiple members of his hand picked coaching staff.

Problems with his QB.

Throwing his supposed buddy/mentor Belichick under the bus.

Minimizing Lovie Smiths hiring by implying it wasn't deserved.

Calling Elway an unprofessional drunk.

Claiming the Giants are racist because he didn't get the job.

To me, it seems like there is a pattern of behavior on Flores' part.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He was ok, but they played some pretty bad teams in that stretch. Jets x2 giants, Panthers, saints w/ Ian Book. He had 9 TDs against that murder row of defenses. 

Tua has started 21 games by the way. Two full seasons of NFL coaching and he was the most “pro ready”. He’s out if

excuses 

21 starts out of 33 games, and last season he wasn't physically ready to play after having major hip surgery.  We beat up on lousy teams too and lost to good ones.  Lost to Jax too.  I don't think he'll ever be an MVP candidate, but he'll be solid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.