Colts to either trade or cut Carson Wentz

BuffaloBills1998

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, I know it's easy to say that, but are you telling me you've been right about about every QB who's about change teams?   Frankly, I'm still not sold on Stafford.  

No but I am telling you it wasn't hard to be right about Wentz. He clearly stinks. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

To answer the OP, I don’t think this means Reich is on the hot seat. He will be on the hot seat if Wentz is his QB another season though. 

See the reason I believe he might be on the hot seat is because he vouched for Wentz. He’s really the only reason he got traded to Indy. Especially after all the negative press that was on him. They took on that hefty contract on top of giving up a pick. Plus getting blown out by Jacksonville  doesn’t help him much

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

See the reason I believe he might be on the hot seat is because he vouched for Wentz. He’s really the only reason he got traded to Indy. Especially after all the negative press that was on him. They took on that hefty contract on top of giving up a pick. Plus getting blown out by Jacksonville  doesn’t help him much

I don't think he is on the hot seat. If they go 5-12 or something though, could he be fired? Absolutely. 

18 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Seriously bro?  Did you watch Minshew for the Eagles on the last Sat nite of the season against the Cowboys who scare noone on defense?  He was marginal at best.  Uncle Rico was a nice story his first couple games w the Jags.  But the guy is severely limited.  I don't think the Colts are much better then the Texans if Minshew was their starter.  Phillip Rivers was better then Wentz.  But he had enuf after last season.  

Wow hard to be more wrong in a post.  Eagles were starting their backups because they had clinched playoffs. And the Cowboys had the 7th best defense in points allowed and first in creating turnovers. "Scare no one" lol. Have you heard of Trevon Diggs or Micah Parsons?

Also IRT the bolded, that's insane. The Colts have a top tier OL, a top tier rushing attack, a solid receiving group and some great defenders. Their roster is leagues above the Texans. Which is why they outscored the Texans 62-3 in the regular season in their matchups. They won both those games if you were wondering.

You may have set the record for most wrong points in a series in TBD history. Congrats!

Edited by FireChans

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, I know it's easy to say that, but are you telling me you've been right about about every QB who's about change teams?   Frankly, I'm still not sold on Stafford.  

In what way? Stafford ranks 4th all time in passing yards per game with 274.7

He has been a good player in the league for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think Trubisky and Minchew and Bridgewater make more sense because they are FAs. They won't cost anything. They already only have 5 picks in this draft, no 1st and no 6th... Garoppolo costs what, a 2nd? Maybe you get him for a 3rd? Depends who else is on the move I suppose. 

Because of the roster, coach and GM, I’d think they would be the top choice for any of the top FA’s. They would get to pick from that crop because they have such an attractive situation. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Jacoby Brissett?? Be very very careful of what you wish for lol. I guess you didn’t watch him play this year in Miami. He’s abysmal. I’d take Dalton and Wentz over Jacoby as a back up any day of the week

I wouldn't want Wentz anywhere near OBD even if he played for free.  Andy Dalton is going to cost a lot of money to be a backup.

He signed for $10M with the Bears for a year.  Why would the Bills pay big money for a backup?

Brissett is not all that great but he can win as much as he loses with a good team.

I also said a QB "like" Brissett.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is awful. The numbers from this year flatter him. Reich couldn't fix him he could just cover him his terrible play better than Pederson. But Wentz is not a culture guy, not a leader (remember the Philly players preferred Foles) and just a bad Quarterback. 

I remember when Josh Allen came out and all everybody could talk about was how Wentz was Josh Allen ceiling

1 hour ago, Process said:

Has to be one of the worst trades ever. 

Trade a first round pick for a QB with an absurd contract, miss the playoffs, cut him after 1 year. 

What were they thinking?

It was actually a second that became a first because he played the requisite number of snaps. The unbelievable part is that he didn’t totally collapse until the last two games after the first round pick vested. 

56 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Nobody deserves some bad karma more than the embarrassing, carpetbagging Irsay family. They yanked an iconic franchise from the diehard fans of Baltimore and slid painlessly from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. They deserve to wander aimlessly in the wilderness for the next quarter century. Landing Carson Wentz and surrendering a first round pick in the process is a nice start.

sounds like you really don't like the Colts, huh?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree Jimmy G is not great. He isn't winning the Colts a Superbowl. But I think he is the best option on the market. The Colts are just trying to find a guy to get them back to 11 or 12 wins and in the dance next year at this stage. 

Disagree.  They need to take their lumps this year and clean up mess before throwing more resources which will not be sufficient. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.