Colts to either trade or cut Carson Wentz

BuffaloBills1998

Just now, davefan66 said:

Better than Wentz for sure.  Colts could have been a serious challenger in post season if they had a good QB.

Think Jimmy G would make them a playoff contender.  He just needs to get rid of the yips.  Stupid plays at the wrong time.  Trubinsky may be a better choice for them?  Prefe hi, to stay here as our QB2.

Think Trubisky and Minchew and Bridgewater make more sense because they are FAs. They won't cost anything. They already only have 5 picks in this draft, no 1st and no 6th... Garoppolo costs what, a 2nd? Maybe you get him for a 3rd? Depends who else is on the move I suppose. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, 947 said:

I just pray they don't end up with Rodgers. I'm not sure if that's even a possibility with their cap situation, but a scary thought.

If/when Trubisky leaves, I think Wentz could be a decent option as Josh's backup. I'd much rather have him than Dalton or Tyrod...

Wentz, Dalton and Tyrod are all terrible backup prospects for the Bills IMO.  Find a guy in his late 20's that has a chance to 

stick around for a few years.  Don't draft guys in the 5th or 6th either.  They are a waste of a pick.

I'm sticking with someone like Jacoby Brissett as a possibility.

48 minutes ago, 947 said:

I just pray they don't end up with Rodgers. I'm not sure if that's even a possibility with their cap situation, but a scary thought.

If/when Trubisky leaves, I think Wentz could be a decent option as Josh's backup. I'd much rather have him than Dalton or Tyrod...

Fitzy?

27 minutes ago, Process said:

Has to be one of the worst trades ever

Trade a first round pick for a QB with an absurd contract, miss the playoffs, cut him after 1 year. 

What were they thinking?

Nobody deserves some bad karma more than the embarrassing, carpetbagging Irsay family. They yanked an iconic franchise from the diehard fans of Baltimore and slid painlessly from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. They deserve to wander aimlessly in the wilderness for the next quarter century. Landing Carson Wentz and surrendering a first round pick in the process is a nice start.

• Like (+1) 2

I have a lot of family in the Philly area. Their were many stories  in the paper about how Wentz was despised by some of his Eagles teammates in Philly. Had a real "I'm a star" attitude once he got his big contract. He had a notorious incident in a Philly Steak House (Del Frescos) where he had some buds holed up in a side room with a velvet rope blocking the entrance. A 14 year old girl hoped the rope and went in and asked for his autograph. Wentz was incensed, told his entourage it was time to leave as he berated one of the managers for letting the girl through. Story was actually covered by a Philly paper at the time. Wentz denied that was the case, but many of those their confirmed. The Eagles owner knew he had a problem on his hands. Sounds like he's still a dick. He's the 100% opposite of Josh.            

41 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah Wentz had that one good year, and flashes elsewhere. Comparing him to Stafford is comparing Tannehill to Josh.

On-topic, is Gardner Minshew a fit?  Certainly limited physically, but can manage a game, isn't prone to blunders that end your season.  Obviously, not an ideal QB, may not be their SB QB, but with that nucleus of a team, Minshew may get them to 11 wins.

Seriously bro?  Did you watch Minshew for the Eagles on the last Sat nite of the season against the Cowboys who scare noone on defense?  He was marginal at best.  Uncle Rico was a nice story his first couple games w the Jags.  But the guy is severely limited.  I don't think the Colts are much better then the Texans if Minshew was their starter.  Phillip Rivers was better then Wentz.  But he had enuf after last season.  

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The two are not comparable talent wise though. Stafford has always been good. Wentz since his ACL has been bad but for a 6 game run at the end of 2019. 

Yeah, I know it's easy to say that, but are you telling me you've been right about about every QB who's about change teams?   Frankly, I'm still not sold on Stafford.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He probably is busy planning his big reenactment for the 160 year anniversary of the Battle of Antietam.

He's made his $100M+, why bother.

You're pry right but it would be a fun story line.  They finally have an o-line that won't get him killed and a running game.

25 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It is pretty shocking the Colts would trade a first round pick for a struggling QB who was benched on his previous team. Regardless of Reich’s relationship with him, why not sign Trubisky to a one year prove it deal and keep your first rounder? Trubisky said he came to Buffalo due to a lack of opportunity as a starter elsewhere. That was a shockingly bad move by Colts GM. Almost as shocking as the Bills getting pwned in that game.

That’s not true, there were other options but he chose Buffalo because of seeing Allen’s development. Mitch saw Buffalo as a way to restart his career.

18 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Nobody deserves some bad karma more than the embarrassing, carpetbagging Irsay family. They yanked an iconic franchise from the diehard fans of Baltimore and slid painlessly from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. They deserve to wander aimlessly in the wilderness for the next quarter century. Landing Carson Wentz and surrendering a first round pick in the process is a nice start.

I'm generally not one to bash people, but it's not give this post a thumbs up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

I have a lot of family in the Philly area. Their were many stories  in the paper about how Wentz was despised by some of his Eagles teammates in Philly. Had a real "I'm a star" attitude once he got his big contract. He had a notorious incident in a Philly Steak House (Del Frescos) where he had some buds holed up in a side room with a velvet rope blocking the entrance. A 14 year old girl hoped the rope and went in and asked for his autograph. Wentz was incensed, told his entourage it was time to leave as he berated one of the managers for letting the girl through. Story was actually covered by a Philly paper at the time. Wentz denied that was the case, but many of those their confirmed. The Eagles owner knew he had a problem on his hands. Sounds like he's still a dick. He's the 100% opposite of Josh.            

I think if Pederson could do it over again, he probably would’ve gotten rid of Wentz and kept Foles. To be honest Foles was a much better QB in that system than Wentz

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wentz, Dalton and Tyrod are all terrible backup prospects for the Bills IMO.  Find a guy in his late 20's that has a chance to 

stick around for a few years.  Don't draft guys in the 5th or 6th either.  They are a waste of a pick.

I'm sticking with someone like Jacoby Brissett as a possibility.

Jacoby Brissett?? Be very very careful of what you wish for lol. I guess you didn’t watch him play this year in Miami. He’s abysmal. I’d take Dalton and Wentz over Jacoby as a back up any day of the week

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.