Rams-Bengals --Super Bowl Menu-Food Thread :-)

muppy

Im surprised noone had posted this kind of thread yet. If it needs merged anywhere so be it........

anyway Im being spoiled by fam today....Super Bowl 2022 menu is Surf and Turf, baked potato with butter and chive, saute mushrooms , salad with romaine, red onion, garbanzo, tomato, yellow pepper, a bit of feta and BLUE CHEESE..as IF Ranch lol 😉

HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY-m

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm going to open one of my boxes of Josh's Jaq's, eat 13 of those loops, close the package, and meditate for the rest of the day.  Or maybe I'll fire up the barbecue and throw on the steaks I'm marinating with a couple of baked potatoes and watch the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2

Food and beverages representing each city. Per tradition. 
Cincy - Skyline chili, Montgomery Inn Ribs, Goetta, Graeters ice cream, Rheingeist beer.

LA-  sushi (California Rolls), 19 crimes Snoop Dogg collaboration Cali Red, avocado toast, Panda Donut,  mimosas, French Dip (it was invented there)

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cincy - Skyline chili, Montgomery Inn Ribs, Goetta, Graeters ice cream, Rheingeist beer.

LA-  sushi (California Rolls), 19 crimes Snoop Dogg collaboration Cali Red, avocado toast, Panda Donut,  mimosas, French Dip (it was invented there)

coming up with “LA foods” has to be a challenge. Unlike other cities in California, there doesn’t seem like there are a lot of interesting LA-specific foods. Sort of matches their team and “fans.”

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

coming up with “LA foods” has to be a challenge. Unlike other cities in California, there doesn’t seem like there are a lot of interesting LA-specific foods. Sort of matches their team and “fans.”

It’s my least favorite menu of all the SBs we have done. Last time the rams were in it we made in -and -out burgers. Those were ok but the French Dip saved their menu this time. Just waiting on that epic Buffalo menu. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

LA foods is a really tough one. If it were san diego hands down would be baja style fish taco's. Rubios is a decent chain place that began I believe in the 70's in a one location family place in Mission Beach. They are famous for their family recipe.

LA Im not sure at all they have Everything....one thing you will see a LOT in LA are ethnic chinese, thai, of course mexican...and then there is the Mongolian BBQ. If done correctly with the right quality sauces it is in my top 10 meals List.

m

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Bangers and Mash... not very footbally but ive never had it before.

that would be a newbie recipe for me too.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just go with St Louis Ribs. Compare the Cincy and St. Louis ribs. Which ever tastes better will be the team that wins the Lombardi.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

LA foods is a really tough one. If it were san diego hands down would be baja style fish taco's. Rubios is a decent chain place that began I believe in the 70's in a one location family place in Mission Beach. They are famous for their family recipe.

LA Im not sure at all they have Everything....one thing you will see a LOT in LA are ethnic chinese, thai, of course mexican...and then there is the Mongolian BBQ. If done correctly with the right quality sauces it is in my top 10 meals List.

m

that would be a newbie recipe for me too.

i love rubio‘s fish tacos! Too bad SD doesn’t have a team anymore, or that could be on a future super bowl menu! 

9 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Yolo, tradition is tradition, but why are you doing this to yourself?

i am unsure if I can even watch this game tonight. I have avoided all super bowl media for the last two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Patience said:

Recipe, please!

1 lb Bob evans zesty hot roll sausage

5  Green onions - chopped, divided

1 cup Sour cream

1/2 cup Mayonnaise

1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese

1 Chopped pimientos - drained

Preheat oven to 350F.

In large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Remove from heat, drain off drippings and add all remaining ingredients except one green onion. Pour into one quart baking dish.

Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly.

Garnish with remaining green onion. Keep warm, and serve with Melba toast, sesame or wheat crackers.

Drink lots of beer then crush like half of it in 5 minutes.

(that last part was mine)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.