Danielle Hunter, DE, the perfect trade candidate

Estro

On 2/12/2022 at 9:30 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Is he ever not injured?

From 2017 to 2019 he played every game, he opted out of 2020 due to covid and then got hurt in 2021 only playing about 6 games. Not that tragic of an injury history in terms of missed games. If the Vikings want to trade him for pick 57 and a 5th in 2023 I would be all for it. 

The Bills would have their elite edge setting DE at a good price and would still have pick 25 to make an impact elsewhere on the roster or trade down.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Proven players like Diggs will always be more valuable than 1st round picks that half the time result in busts. Trade the picks, the Rams were right.

The Rams basically traded away their future for a super bowl now 

The roster is not built to last long.. and they're going to be losers pretty quickly.. I'd be willing to bet they don't win another one.. they got it but they are not set up well for the future

Would you want to trade 10-15 years of being super bowl contenders.. for a four year window that is basically closed?  

I think Josh is going to get us to a lot more than one if we manage our roster correctly

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Proven players like Diggs will always be more valuable than 1st round picks that half the time result in busts. Trade the picks, the Rams were right.

It isn’t just about ability, it’s also about cost. If there was no cap I would agree with you.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The roster is not built to last long.. and they're going to be losers pretty quickly.. I'd be willing to bet they don't win another one.. they got it but they are not set up well for the future

Would you want to trade 10-15 years of being super bowl contenders.. for a four year window that is basically closed?  

I think Josh is going to get us to a lot more than one if we manage our roster correctly

Personally, I’ll be happy with just one in my lifetime 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Personally, I’ll be happy with just one in my lifetime 

I'm sure most would be happy.. I just want one too..  

But if you had Josh Allen for 10 years.. and you had two options

One guaranteed super bowl.. while mortgaging your future and you never go back

Or 10 years of consecutively good football and playoff appearances..  but nothing is guaranteed

I personally believe Josh could and will get us over the hump in the playoffs.. 

He's not a generational quarterback... He's a general FOOTBALL player... with a will to win... I will never bet against him 

I'd be willing to bet this itineration of the Rams don't go back to the super bowl

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm sure most would be happy.. I just want one too..  

But if you had Josh Allen for 10 years.. and you had two options

One guaranteed super bowl.. while mortgaging your future and you never go back

Or 10 years of consecutively good football and playoff appearances..  but nothing is guaranteed

I personally believe Josh could and will get us over the hump a couple times in the playoffs.. 

He's not a generational quarterback... He's a general FOOTBALL player... with a will to win... I will never bet against him 

I'd be willing to bet this itineration of the Rams don't go back to the super bowl

A wise man once said “A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush”.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

A wise man once said “A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush”.

Absolutely 

But we're talking hypotheticals for football.. 

And the Rams are not going to be a good football team in 3 years..  

I'd rather have a good football team around Allen for 10 years straight.. and that means not trading away all your assets 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

they're going to be losers pretty quickly.

Not sure either of these things are true.

Remember..........when the 2017 Bills made the playoffs the only 1st rounder they had on the active roster in Jacksonville was Tre White........that seasons first round pick.

The Rams aren't buried under a mountain of cap debt either..........they are currently only about $10M worse off than the Bills.

If they make smart decisions in free agency and trades and re-structures............and draft well with what picks they have(and they've done that pretty well so far)...........and take advantage of their lack of draft picks and geographic location to score assets in undrafted free agency...........there is no reason they can't remain a contender and transition into another competitive team without ever being a bottom 10 team in the next 5-6 years.

And 5 years is really about as far out as you can possibly project any team success that doesn't include a young franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Had this with Kelly. It was a nice run, but one SB win would have been better, IMO

Football's a game of inches 

We could have had one it just didn't work out... The NFC was also a much stronger conference 

This is all hindsight.. we don't have one so of course you would

But I'd rather have a team that can sustain winning for years .. you really want to go back to the drought?

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not sure either of these things are true.

Remember..........when the 2017 Bills made the playoffs the only 1st rounder they had on the active roster in Jacksonville was Tre White........that seasons first round pick.

The Rams aren't buried under a mountain of cap debt either..........they are currently only about $10M worse off than the Bills.

If they make smart decisions in free agency and trades and re-structures............and draft well with what picks they have(and they've done that pretty well so far)...........and take advantage of their lack of draft picks and geographic location to score assets in undrafted free agency...........there is no reason they can't remain a contender and transition into another competitive team without ever being a bottom 10 team in the next 5-6 years.

And 5 years is really about as far out as you can possibly project any team success that doesn't include a young franchise QB.

Imo Stafford will play for a few more seasons... They don't have a lot of picks or money.. they can trade Jalen Ramsey for picks if they want and lose one of.  their best defensive player 

And that 2017 year shows Sean McDermott's coaching prowess.. that team didn't deserve to be in the playoffs but he schemed and coached the team to it.. despite some poor showings

And technically that team did have first round pick tre white.. Jerry Hughes was also a first round pick that we traded for.. and Kelvin Benjamin was also a first round pick that we traded for

I absolutely understand your premise.. about how the team wasn't loaded with first round picks.. 

But that defense was an opportunistic sieve.. our defense today.. though still is capable of letting us down.. has a lot more higher picks on it.. and it plays better week to week.. statistically and eye test 

Again it's my opinion but I think the 5-year future of the bills is a lot better than the Rams

• Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Imo Stafford will play for a few more seasons... They don't have a lot of picks or money.. they can trade Jalen Ramsey for picks if they want and lose one of.  their best defensive player 

And that 2017 year shows Sean McDermott's coaching prowess.. that team didn't deserve to be in the playoffs but he schemed and coached the team to it.. despite some poor showings

And technically that team did have first round pick tre white.. Jerry Hughes was also a first round pick that we traded for.. and Kelvin Benjamin was also a first round pick that we traded for

I absolutely understand your premise.. about how the team wasn't loaded with first round picks.. 

But that defense was an opportunistic sieve.. our defense today.. though still is capable of letting us down.. has a lot more higher picks on it.. and it plays better week to week.. statistically and eye test 

Again it's my opinion but I think the 5-year future of the bills is a lot better than the Rams

I just don't believe that it's a given that the Rams will "be losers pretty quickly" just because they traded away a bunch of draft picks.

I have a fairly structured idea of how I would use first round picks so you don't waste them when exercised................but in the big picture they are the most overrated way of acquiring talent if the intention is anything other than to select a QB.

Half of them don't play well enough to earn the 5th year extension and another 1/4 are at least somewhat disappointing.

The Rams have excelled at acquiring and getting more out of other teams early round picks...........see Leonard Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson as recent examples on the DL alone.........that's good scouting and coaching.........so I would expect that trend to continue.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

motor had 10 rushes for 26 yards.  Josh WAS our run game.  Our “offense” was josh and Gabe Davis.  Nothing else.  

We had 14 points at the half and had 4 punts in the game (chiefs had 2).  

The chiefs offense clearly outplayed ours over the course of the game.    The chiefs had 30 first downs to our 23.  The chiefs had 552 yards to our 422 total offense.  The chiefs had 36 minutes TOP to our 27.  

If our offense outplayed their offense throughout the game....we would have won. But they didn’t…and lost.  

Chiefs had an extra possession in OT that the Bills didn’t have. If the Bills had won the coin flip, these stats are nearly reversed.  Bills lost by awful defensive decision making and a coin flip nothing more.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just don't believe that it's a given that the Rams will "be losers pretty quickly" just because they traded away a bunch of draft picks.

I have a fairly structured idea of how I would use first round picks so you don't waste them when exercised................but in the big picture they are the most overrated way of acquiring talent if the intention is anything other than to select a QB.

Half of them don't play well enough to earn the 5th year extension and another 1/4 are at least somewhat disappointing.

The Rams have excelled at acquiring and getting more out of other teams early round picks...........see Leonard Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson as recent examples on the DL alone.........that's good scouting and coaching.........so I would expect that trend to continue.

Those guys were already good football players.  Just not in ideal situation 

Sure it might have been good foresight to pick up a run stuffer like Robinson.. but they didn't develop him..  Floyd always had talent just not consistency

Just like when the bills picked up Jordan Phillips.. he was supremely talented going back to Oklahoma.. the dolphins just didn't use him right

McDermott identified a player and put him in the right fit where it let him shine.. like it's possible with most NFL players

The Rams have been good at that and they're going to continue to need to be because they don't have picks 

3 picks in the top 3 rounds in the last 2 years not a sustainable winning formula no matter what... I think in 3 years they're going to be in trouble

• Vomit 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Those guys were already good football players.  Just not in ideal situation 

Sure it might have been good foresight to pick up a run stuffer like Robinson.. but they didn't develop him..  Floyd always had talent just not consistency

Just like when the bills picked up Jordan Phillips.. he was supremely talented going back to Oklahoma.. the dolphins just didn't use him right

McDermott identified a player and put him in the right fit where it let him shine.. like it's possible with most NFL players

The Rams have been good at that and they're going to continue to need to be because they don't have picks 

3 picks in the top 3 rounds in the last 2 years not a sustainable winning formula no matter what... I think in 3 years they're going to be in trouble

Thing is.........we've been hearing how they weren't going to be able to sustain what they are doing since 2017..........and 5 years later they win the SB.........and figure to be a favorite in a conference that lost Brady and maybe Rodgers in 2022.

6 years of being in contention in the NFL when you didn't draft your own stud QB.............that's a LONG time in the NFL.    

And less draft picks means more opportunities for free agents or low cost "culture change" trades to join a Rams team where their skillset can be better used............while other teams are taking their lumps developing picks with their fingers crossed that they get 1-2 high production years out of them before they have to pay or let them walk.

If 6 other teams were taking the Rams approach..........I'd be inclined to say that supply wouldn't meet demand.........but that has not been the case........and the Rams have taken advantage of a market inefficiency to this point.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Chiefs had an extra possession in OT that the Bills didn’t have. If the Bills had won the coin flip, these stats are nearly reversed.  Bills lost by awful defensive decision making and a coin flip nothing more.  

The chiefs punted 2 times….while having an extra possession.  The bills punted 4 times. If the Bills punt 3 times, we win.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs punted 2 times….while having an extra possession.  The bills punted 4 times. If the Bills punt 3 times, we win.  

The Chiefs had 2 extra possessions.

Bills lost coin flip.......received the ball to start game and Chiefs finished the half with the football(missed FG).     Even

Chiefs got second half kickoff and finished with ball.   +1 Chiefs

Then the OT possession. +1 Chiefs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.