Whitney's Anthem

Hopeful fan

This was the 1st ever football game I saw.

That year was special, because I lost my mother a couple of months ago, in an awful way.

We, with my father (RIP daddy André) watching next to me, that night at 00:30am, aren't even american.

But after the anthem ended, we just cried for a good couple of minutes.

Then I was hooked with Football. And for the Bills right after this game.

19 hours ago, Hopeful fan said:

This is part of ESPN's ER-60 series.  It features Whitney Houston's performance of the National Anthem during the Bills' Super Bowl game against the Giants.

The program shows how meaningful the performance was by reminding everyone that the USA was involved in Desert Storm and how much concern there was about national security.

The climax shows Whitney Houston's full performance of the National Anthem.  Still perfect after so many years.

This is must view seeing.

Was at that game. Incredible rendition of the anthem. Imo, the best ever. 

18 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Carl Lewis’ version can’t be far behind for you.  In all seriousness, Whitney’s version gives me chills every time.  Hard to match the significance, her brilliance, and the hopes & dreams of Bills players, coaches, and fans that evening.  If we all only knew what was ahead for us.

I laugh every time I see this. Just remember Charlie Steiner on Sportscenter dying laughing to where he couldn’t even do the report. 😂 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.