Zuerlein mock draft...Jordan Davis DT

Hebert19

43 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He has us taking Jordan Davis DT (Georgia)   As a Dawgs fan this is my perfect pick.  

1.   He's a physical freak.  6'6 340 and quick off ball.  

2.  Allows us to cut or trade Star post June 1 and save cap space.  (Use this to restructure diggs)

3.  Perfect pairing for Oliver.  Eats blockers and occupies space. 

4.  Will make Edmunds and Milano better. 

Thoughts on pick if he's there?

I obviously have no idea who will be available or what the best option would be, but I am 100% on board with winning the line of scrimmage on both sides off the ball. Maybe he does fall to #25 because it’s not a “premium position” and he’ll only get so many snaps?  IDK

• Like (+1) 4

Seems like a McBean pick; draft somebody with off-the-charts physical gifts and trust the organization to build up their technique and mentality. 

My guess is they move on from Hughes, Addison, Butler, maybe Epenesa.  That leaves Star, Zimmer, Rousseau, Obada, Oliver and Philipps. If there's a DL coming, I'd love it to be Jordan Davis.

Kromer probably has guys he wants too, and it'd be good to see this team get a little bit meaner and a little bit more vicious to compliment Josh.

This is an example of the stupidity of having the free agency period before the draft.  I don't know how good Davis is but if we resign Phillips to a mulit-year deal at starter money and if we get minimal savings by cutting Star, are we really going to draft a DT in Round #1?  I doubt it.  Does anyone know the reason why the draft follows free agency?  Is it NFLPA (free agents make out better) or the owners?  I just don't get it.

17 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I can absolutely live with this pick. I would prefer Elam or Booth or maybe even Drake London, but Davis is a very good option. I can’t complain.

If we go CB which is still the most likely pick with Tre out, it would be Booth or Elam. Obviously Davis would be the only 1T target. Linderbaum as your IOL.  And Williams as your longshot (acl) WR.  We're definitely not wasting a high pick on a LB till next year, considering we're stuck with Edmunds. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we go CB which is still the most likely pick with Tre out, it would be Booth or Elam. Obviously Davis would be the only 1T target. Linderbaum as your IOL.  And Williams as your longshot (acl) WR.  We're definitely not wasting a high pick on a LB till next year, considering we're stuck with Edmunds. 

You nailed it buddy. I agree 100%.

Just pick up 6' 6" 340# Jordan PHILLIPS off the street when the Cardinals release him in the next month if you want a player that size with "off the charts physical gifts" that you can't trust to live up to them.    At least that Jordan has actually played well in the NFL at times and would likely be dirt cheap.

Or wait until late in the draft and take a shot at one of the other equally gigantic but unsung DT's that are available in this draft.

Save your #1 pick for someone that plays a position with a $30M aav ceiling because there are always good run defending DT's available for reasonable rates in UFA.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

He has us taking Jordan Davis DT (Georgia)   As a Dawgs fan this is my perfect pick.  

1.   He's a physical freak.  6'6 340 and quick off ball.  

2.  Allows us to cut or trade Star post June 1 and save cap space.  (Use this to restructure diggs)

3.  Perfect pairing for Oliver.  Eats blockers and occupies space. 

4.  Will make Edmunds and Milano better. 

Thoughts on pick if he's there?

I am a huge fan of JD but I have a feeling his stock is going to rise fast as there isn’t as much depth at DT as there is in other positions 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just pick up 6' 6" 340# Jordan PHILLIPS off the street when the Cardinals release him in the next month if you want a player that size with "off the charts physical gifts" that you can't trust to live up to them.    At least that Jordan has actually played well in the NFL at times and would likely be dirt cheap.

Or wait until late in the draft and take a shot at one of the other equally gigantic but unsung DT's that are available in this draft.

Save your #1 pick for someone that plays a position with a $30M aav ceiling because there are always good run defending DT's available for reasonable rates in UFA.

Yes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.