Josh Allen funny bit at NFL Honors show

BisonMan

On 2/12/2022 at 9:42 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

It’s important to note, that never in history has someone been good at two things at the same time

Hogwash!  Plenty of people in history have been exceptionally talented in several areas.  There's even an era named after a set time period when it was pretty common for people to pursue multiple interests.  Leonardo Da Vinci is one of the most famous of that era they named the Renaissance.  Josh Allen could add endorsement commitments and not have other pursuits suffer in any way easily.

.  The fact he doesn't have any major national ad deals yet tells me he hasn't made that a priority because he's been trending upward long enough for there to have been preliminary discussions with his agent I have no doubt.  There can be a number of reasons he has yet to land a national endorsement deal.  Maybe some offers were not for products Josh wanted to promote so he declined regardless of the price they would pay him. 

More than likely it is that Josh just isn't looking for deals and that's why I chose to prefer his focus is where he has it as I'm fully confident that Josh Allen knows what he wants to be doing in his off seasons.   He has plenty of time in his future to cash in on endorsement deals and as he improves his skills the price they pay him will increase.

Basically whether or not Josh Allen has any major endorsement deals does not matter to me and if it matters to Josh than he will take care of that in the same way he takes care of working on getting his passing game where he feels it needs to go.   

Edited by AuntieEm

On 2/12/2022 at 9:37 AM, Ya Digg? said:

This is 17 year drought mentality thinking right here-why shouldn’t he pursue endorsement deals if he wants them or if they are being offered?  Shooting some commercials is not going to take his focus away or make him work less hard. He doesn’t have to be so singularly focused that he can’t explore these options.

And you seem to be promoting a 'if he's not in the same number of TV commercials as athlete  x y  or z then he can't really be good since the majority of fans don't put him on the same tier as x y or z.  I don't need Josh to be viewed as the best qb by other people for me to view him as the best. 

Josh has preferred to go play golf at Pebble Beach which he and his family were fans of as its a local event for them basically.  Doesn't mean I will suddenly fear he will decide he rather take up a pro golf career should he start to excel in his golf game.  Bo Jackson managed to play pro football and pro baseball at the same time.  He was allowed some leeway by Al Davis who was a fan of his baseball skill as well as football skills.  So I would think Josh could pull off football and some golf in off season if he focused on that if he wanted to.  Much like if Kyle Williams decided he wanted to give pro golf a try he likely could as he's quite good and if he isn't quite at a pro level he has that work ethic that he could succeed at it.  

Only Josh knows what he wants or feels he needs to focus on.  He seems he has stated in interviews quite plainly that playing football is what he enjoys most and so his lack of endorsements seems to be by his choice moreso than any other reason. 

and before someone answers with Baker or Mahomes and Rodgers coming up short blah blah blah-you know who else has made commercials? Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, Peyton Manning, even Tom Brady! They all turned just fine 

I don't care about those players they come up short to me simply because they are not  Josh Allen.  Whether or not they come up short and why they have I don't care except in that myself prefer they play their A game against the Bills even if it means the Bills lose.  

Josh has the work ethic, we shouldn’t begrudge him if he chooses to get some endorsement deals 

Not sure there are many fans who would begrudge him doing endorsements.  Even if he got an endorsement for a product a fan doesn't care for say Pepsi  I doubt Mafia fans who prefer Coke are gonna revolt .  Well maybe you would, seeing as you seem to take his lack of endorsements personally like its needed to validate your fandom. 

On 2/11/2022 at 3:18 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

lame.  

Just as lame as when Chris Carter said No one wants to play OT.  

BS. 

Well players may prefer some other way to break ties.  How about settling ties by duelling kickers -- longest fg made wins and you could even make it player safer by just having the holders and kickers involved no ST attempts at blocking the fgs.  Start at a distance of say 50 yd fg they can keep increasing distance until one kicker fails  the winning kickers team is game winner.  The game decided by how good your kicking game is.  It doesn't expose your star players to any injuries maybe the kicker but with no ST it would be the same risk as just practicing fgs. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Hogwash!  Plenty of people in history have been exceptionally talented in several areas.  There's even an era named after a set time period when it was pretty common for people to pursue multiple interests.  Leonardo Da Vinci is one of the most famous of that era they named the Renaissance.  Josh Allen could add endorsement commitments and not have other pursuits suffer in any way easily.

.  The fact he doesn't have any major national ad deals yet tells me he hasn't made that a priority because he's been trending upward long enough for there to have been preliminary discussions with his agent I have no doubt.  There can be a number of reasons he has yet to land a national endorsement deal.  Maybe some offers were not for products Josh wanted to promote so he declined regardless of the price they would pay him. 

More than likely it is that Josh just isn't looking for deals and that's why I chose to prefer his focus is where he has it as I'm fully confident that Josh Allen knows what he wants to be doing in his off seasons.   He has plenty of time in his future to cash in on endorsement deals and as he improves his skills the price they pay him will increase.

Basically whether or not Josh Allen has any major endorsement deals does not matter to me and if it matters to Josh than he will take care of that in the same way he takes care of working on getting his passing game where he feels it needs to go.   

I think you may have missed my sarcasm 😂 

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

And you seem to be promoting a 'if he's not in the same number of TV commercials as athlete  x y  or z then he can't really be good since the majority of fans don't put him on the same tier as x y or z.  I don't need Josh to be viewed as the best qb by other people for me to view him as the best. 

Josh has preferred to go play golf at Pebble Beach which he and his family were fans of as its a local event for them basically.  Doesn't mean I will suddenly fear he will decide he rather take up a pro golf career should he start to excel in his golf game.  Bo Jackson managed to play pro football and pro baseball at the same time.  He was allowed some leeway by Al Davis who was a fan of his baseball skill as well as football skills.  So I would think Josh could pull off football and some golf in off season if he focused on that if he wanted to.  Much like if Kyle Williams decided he wanted to give pro golf a try he likely could as he's quite good and if he isn't quite at a pro level he has that work ethic that he could succeed at it.  

Only Josh knows what he wants or feels he needs to focus on.  He seems he has stated in interviews quite plainly that playing football is what he enjoys most and so his lack of endorsements seems to be by his choice moreso than any other reason. 

I don't care about those players they come up short to me simply because they are not  Josh Allen.  Whether or not they come up short and why they have I don't care except in that myself prefer they play their A game against the Bills even if it means the Bills lose.  

Not sure there are many fans who would begrudge him doing endorsements.  Even if he got an endorsement for a product a fan doesn't care for say Pepsi  I doubt Mafia fans who prefer Coke are gonna revolt .  Well maybe you would, seeing as you seem to take his lack of endorsements personally like its needed to validate your fandom. 

Dude what are you even talking about? You’re the one who basically came out and said that him having endorsements would be a distraction and make him not work as hard. I simply said I hate that argument that these guys shouldn’t take on endorsements because it’s a distraction. But thanks for saying I needed to validate being a fan-I’m glad that it’s now been renewed for another year 

14 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Dude what are you even talking about? You’re the one who basically came out and said that him having endorsements would be a distraction and make him not work as hard. I simply said I hate that argument that these guys shouldn’t take on endorsements because it’s a distraction. But thanks for saying I needed to validate being a fan-I’m glad that it’s now been renewed for another year 

Lol I never said endorsements would be a distraction I only said I prefer him focused on the other things he does, his training with palmer and oshei hospital.  He has alot of free time and can  choose how he wants to use it like anyone else.  You chose to assume that I was against Josh looking for those deals, I really don't care either way if he does any or not.  He has no financial need so I guess he isn't all that interested.  When something that appeals to him comes up I'm sure he'll take it until then I like he is doing what he enjoys on his downtime.

16 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well players may prefer some other way to break ties.  How about settling ties by duelling kickers -- longest fg made wins and you could even make it player safer by just having the holders and kickers involved no ST attempts at blocking the fgs.  Start at a distance of say 50 yd fg they can keep increasing distance until one kicker fails  the winning kickers team is game winner.  The game decided by how good your kicking game is.  It doesn't expose your star players to any injuries maybe the kicker but with no ST it would be the same risk as just practicing fgs. 

dueling kicker’s 

Paint Pistols at 50 yards 

During the regular season 

just end in a tie. 

postseason both need an equal opportunity on offense. 

with the exception of a Defensive TD on a turnover 

game over. 

On 2/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, ddaryl said:

Allen is a natural in front of the camera... He's going to go far even after his Bills career. Looks, demeanor, speaks well, intelligent.... 

Especially as he gets more experience. I think he was a little timid/quiet when he was on the Manningcast thing but I would bet he’ll be more himself the next time he’s on it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.