Anthony Harris, Vikings and Eagles safety and pretty good dude

Hapless Bills Fan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/02/10/father-daughter-nfl-anthony-harris/

Don't know if it's paywalled.  A young mother and daughter from his hometown had been following his career and sending him support messages on Instagram.   Her father and grandfather died, and on a wild shot, they asked if he would be the daughter's date at the "Father Daughter Dance".

He flew in for it and bought her a dress and shoes to help her feel special, and by their account did everything personable to make it a great evening.

Wasn't publicized ahead of time, just something nice he did for a family that had suffered loss.

I got my PollyAnna gene activated, with all the stuff about wealthy young players causing injury and death, it's cool to note someone doing a  "random act of kindness" that required a good bit of his own time and effort, to make a family's life a bit brighter.

image.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 24
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/02/10/father-daughter-nfl-anthony-harris/

Don't know if it's paywalled.  A young mother and daughter from his hometown had been following his career and sending him support messages on Instagram.   Her father and grandfather died, and on a wild shot, they asked if he would be the daughter's date at the "Father Daughter Dance".

He flew in for it and bought her a dress and shoes to help her feel special, and by their account did everything personable to make it a great evening.

Wasn't publicized ahead of time, just something nice he did for a family that had suffered loss.

I got my PollyAnna gene activated, with all the stuff about wealthy young players causing injury and death, it's cool to note someone doing a  "random act of kindness" that required a good bit of his own time and effort, to make a family's life a bit brighter.

image.png

This is great. It's sad that the things with players such as Ruggs, Kamara ect ect get all the attention while acts like his get basically unnoticed. 

I'd love to see more things like his...that DO happen...we just never get to hear about

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.png

Saw that earlier in the week.. a real class move by him.. to say the least.. didnt get the pub it deserved. 

• Agree 2

Was able to access article without using workaround I usually use.

Awesome by him understanding entire impact of deaths on his fan and doing what he could to alleviate it.

He seems the type that if Eagles were not playing he would make it up afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

If we all had the love and compassion for each other the way that this man did towards this family, there would be no need for wars or hunger, no more violence or death. Picture that.

Sounds like you are a John Lennon fan.

Anthony Harris is AWESOME!

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Was it not Napoleon who said that “All that it would take for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.”

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy spoke before the Canadian Parliament, capping off his speech with a popular expression:

“As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.'

Burke however did not publish that in any of his writings which was extensive.  It is something which has been passed down without attribution.

https://www.openculture.com/2016/03/edmund-burkeon-in-action.html

This phrase has had many variations on it.  I think most applies in New England games.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is great. It's sad that the things with players such as Ruggs, Kamara ect ect get all the attention while acts like his get basically unnoticed. 

I'd love to see more things like his...that DO happen...we just never get to hear about

That is because a majority of the NFL players are doing some act of kindness everywhere.  The exceptions are the ones that go slam other cars or get into bar fights.

30 minutes ago, ganesh said:

That is because a majority of the NFL players are doing some act of kindness everywhere.  The exceptions are the ones that go slam other cars or get into bar fights.

Just like majority of them are not taking illegal drugs or banned supplements, hitting or stomping on defenseless post whistle, or falsifying COVID Vaccination cards but it appears that NFLPA spends most of defending those type of players so impression is that this is the norm.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.png

Im not crying... You're crying 

There is hope in this world

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.