• Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State
    • Devin Lloyd, EDGE, Utah
    • David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan
    • Travon Walker, DL, Georgia
    • Demarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
    • Other

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Calling all draft provocateurs, connoisseurs and contrarians alike!

Who are this drafts risers, sleepers and sinkers?

(When I mean sleepers, I don’t necessarily mean 6th, 7th and UDFAs. I also mean players who will go earlier than their “projected” draft rankings.) 

DISCLAIMER: If you are brave, pick a player who you think will drop come draft day!

I’ve got three players whom I feel will either get drafted higher than expected or will completely outperform all expectations once they reach the NFL.

1.) Wan’Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky

• Wan’Dale Robinson is an elite slot receiver  in the mold of Tyreek Hill with a splash of Cole Beasley and Isaiah McKenzie in him. He is projected to go anywhere from the top of the 3rd round all the way up to the bottom of the second round. I could very well see his stock rise very steeply after the combine. Wan’Dale would give Josh another elite weapon to pair with Diggs & Davis. 

CBS: #57

PFF: #85

BR: #67

2. Zachary Carter, DT, Florida

• At 6’4 285lbs he has a big frame to work with, he’s explosive and quick and could easily pack on another 10-20lbs. He’s projected as a 4th-5th round pick, but I think he has the talent of a high end 2nd round pick. He’s racked up 17 sacks in the last 3 years for Florida along with 25 TFL. Is he the big fat NT we are looking for? No, but he is a talented player to rotate in alongside Oliver on that DL.

CBS: #U/R

PFF: #158

BR: #128

3. Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee 

• Standing at 6’0 195lbs, Taylor has prototypical size for the CB position. He’s a mid round prospect, somewhere in the realms of maybe the 4th-5th round but I think Taylor would be a great selection with our 3rd round pick. He’s a talented player physically and would really give our coaching staff a player who has a very solid  physical skill set to work with. I could easily see this guy locking down that CB spot opposite of Tre come week 1. He’s boasted of 4 INTs over the last 3 years, including 2 last year. I am a firm believer in going CB RD1, but even so, it would not be a bad idea to select this guy later in the draft even with if we do!

CBS: #80

PFF: #U/R

BR: #U/R

My sleeper is Juanyeh Thomas. Think he's gonna be a good NFL player. 

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

We absolutely do NOT need to draft a corner in round one. I’m fact, I think it would be really dumb. This staff has an uncanny ability to maximize a DB’s skill set and have made an undrafted FA and a seventh round pick viable players. We can get a solid corner in the third or fourth and I have all the confidence in the world it would be an upgrade with this coaching staff. 

Understandable. Our staff can develop corners, that’s a fact and that’s beyond a truthful statement. The problem I’m having though is that Tre is coming off an ACL and we have little to nothing behind him.

Although the production of Levi and Dane is highly commendable, they still cannot go toe-to-toe against elite receivers like Hill and Kelce, no matter how well coached they are. God given ability still factors in.

What most folks do not realize is that having two shutdown corners will only benefit our run defense. If you can put two corners on an island, Buffalo can put a safety in the box against power run teams and will also allow us to blitz more. I think the thing most people leave out in terms of drafting a corner high is the flexibility that this would open up in terms of play calling on defense.

Kaiir Elam or Andrew Booth RD1 would seriously ramp up this defense on many levels as I mentioned above. It’s not the most palatable pick for most fans, so your reluctance there is highly understandable but I think it would help us overcome some of the high octane offenses that we’ll face in the playoffs.

What would the Mac Jones, Tua Tagovoila and Zach Wilson’s of the world do against us? Our defensive line would easily ransack these weapon deprived/languishing QBs. It’s also worth pointing out that the Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers would have a harder time as well.

Ultimately I want either Elam or Booth, if they’re not there I think Buffalo should go for a WR. Drake London, Wan’Dale Robinson or Jameson Williams are fine choices and I suppose a strong argument could be made for Linderbaum or Davis as well.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Understandable. Our staff can develop corners, that’s a fact and that’s beyond a truthful statement. The problem I’m having though is that Tre is coming off an ACL and we have little to nothing behind him.

Although the production of Levi and Dane is highly commendable, they still cannot go toe-to-toe against elite receivers like Hill and Kelce, no matter how well coached they are. God given ability still factors in.

What most folks do not realize is that having two shutdown corners will only benefit our run defense. If you can put two corners on an island, Buffalo can put a safety in the box against power run teams and will also allow us to blitz more. I think the thing most people leave out in terms of drafting a corner high is the flexibility that this would open up in terms of play calling on defense.

Kaiir Elam or Andrew Booth RD1 would seriously ramp up this defense on many levels as I mentioned above. It’s not the most palatable pick for most fans, so your reluctance there is highly understandable but I think it would help us overcome some of the high octane offenses that we’ll face in the playoffs.

What would the Mac Jones, Tua Tagovoila and Zach Wilson’s of the world do against us? Our defensive line would easily ransack these weapon deprived/languishing QBs. It’s also worth pointing out that the Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers would have a harder time as well.

Ultimately I want either Elam or Booth, if they’re not there I think Buffalo should go for a WR. Drake London, Wan’Dale Robinson or Jameson Williams are fine choices and I suppose a strong argument could be made for Linderbaum or Davis as well.

I appreciate your opinion, but I just can’t behind the idea of a first round corner with this staff. Can’t be talked into it. Will it happen?  It certainly can, but I won’t like it. 

We could have a serious upgrade in the second or third round. Even free agency. What we need is to protect Allen and give him the weapons needed to make us unstoppable. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/11/2022 at 7:11 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

And any thread where there isn't a LT option in a very strong draft early for tackles..........well it's obviously just a "let's draft for immediate need" thread and that's an absurd way to approach round 1.

I was with you until you indicated the Bills need to draft a LT in round one. Dawkins might not be an all pro but he's certainly good enough to start. And Brown is young and probably gained more experience in year one than the Bills ever imagined he would. I don't see the need for OT in round one. Sure, if it's between OT or RB in round one give me the OT every time. But there are a lot of other positions where the Bills could stand to improve. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was with you until you indicated the Bills need to draft a LT in round one. Dawkins might not be an all pro but he's certainly good enough to start. And Brown is young and probably gained more experience in year one than the Bills ever imagined he would. I don't see the need for OT in round one. Sure, if it's between OT or RB in round one give me the OT every time. But there are a lot of other positions where the Bills could stand to improve. 

Round 1 ain't about drafting for need...........it's about getting the best player available at a critical, high impact, high dollar position.

Bills had a loaded pass rushing front going into the 2014 draft.......Mario/Dareus/KW/Hughes...........I was promoting the idea of selecting the underrated Aaron Donald of Pitt..........I started a thread to say he was the best defensive player in the draft......and that I thought he could be the rare 10 sack guy as a rookie and play both end and tackle despite his size.

I normally get a lot of responses..........but only got about 5 responses.....all just like yours........"wasn't a need" they said.......end of thread. :lol:

By spring of 2016 "The Cold Front" had turned into a warm breeze and Buffalo was desperately reaching in round 1 for the juiceless and useless Shaq Lawson. :doh:

The Bills STILL don't have a stud pass rusher.

Needs change FAST.........draft to stack the roster with talent........not to patch perceived holes.

Dawkins is a nice LT........he's also going into year 6........by year 7 he could EASILY be a guard.    Brown is a nice prospect.........but struggled in pass pro last season as a rookie and missed games with lower back issues.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

(When I mean sleepers, I don’t necessarily mean 6th, 7th and UDFAs. I also mean players who will go earlier than their “projected” draft rankings.) 

DISCLAIMER: If you are brave, pick a player who you think will drop come draft day!

I’ve got three players whom I feel will either get drafted higher than expected or will completely outperform all expectations once they reach the NFL.

• Wan’Dale Robinson is an elite slot receiver  in the mold of Tyreek Hill with a splash of Cole Beasley and Isaiah McKenzie in him. He is projected to go anywhere from the top of the 3rd round all the way up to the bottom of the second round. I could very well see his stock rise very steeply after the combine. Wan’Dale would give Josh another elite weapon to pair with Diggs & Davis. 

• At 6’4 285lbs he has a big frame to work with, he’s explosive and quick and could easily pack on another 10-20lbs. He’s projected as a 4th-5th round pick, but I think he has the talent of a high end 2nd round pick. He’s racked up 17 sacks in the last 3 years for Florida along with 25 TFL. Is he the big fat NT we are looking for? No, but he is a talented player to rotate in alongside Oliver on that DL.

• Standing at 6’0 195lbs, Taylor has prototypical size for the CB position. He’s a mid round prospect, somewhere in the realms of maybe the 4th-5th round but I think Taylor would be a great selection with our 3rd round pick. He’s a talented player physically and would really give our coaching staff a player who has a very solid  physical skill set to work with. I could easily see this guy locking down that CB spot opposite of Tre come week 1. He’s boasted of 4 INTs over the last 3 years, including 2 last year. I am a firm believer in going CB RD1, but even so, it would not be a bad idea to select this guy later in the draft even with if we do!

I think Robinson certainly is gonna go in the 2nd. I am not even sure he makes it as far as the Bills in the 2nd. When you look at a guy like Tutu Atwell who the Rams took in the 2nd last year it is clear that the small, speedy, gadget receiver is no longer the preserve of day 3 only. 

Taylor was someone I highlighted in my Senior Bowl write up (see below). I think 3rd round is a bit early for him but I certainly think he could be an early day 3 who ends up as a solid starter in the league. 

Carter isn't a player I have looked at yet. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Round 1 ain't about drafting for need...........it's about getting the best player available at a critical, high impact, high dollar position.

Bills had a loaded pass rushing front going into the 2014 draft.......Mario/Dareus/KW/Hughes...........I was promoting the idea of selecting the underrated Aaron Donald of Pitt..........I started a thread to say he was the best defensive player in the draft......and that I thought he could be the rare 10 sack guy as a rookie and play both end and tackle despite his size.

I normally get a lot of responses..........but only got about 5 responses.....all just like yours........"wasn't a need" they said.......end of thread. :lol:

By spring of 2016 "The Cold Front" had turned into a warm breeze and Buffalo was desperately reaching in round 1 for the juiceless and useless Shaq Lawson. :doh:

Needs change FAST.........draft to stack the roster with talent........not to patch perceived holes.

Dawkins is a nice LT........he's also going into year 6........by year 7 he could EASILY be a guard.    Brown is a nice prospect.........but struggled in pass pro last season as a rookie and missed games with lower back issues.     

It’s not that it’s not a need it’s that your chances of finding the type of impact player you need for pass rush that late is a real crapshoot you need to find the blue chip talent that is still on the board at 25 the only reason why Jameson at wide receiver would even be there is because of his injury

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

So Jameson Williams is the People’s Choice… I’ll say one thing, I have seen Williams dropping past the Bills to the Chiefs on one of the mock drafts they scroll on the bottom of NFL Network, and that would really piss me off. :thumbdown:

I have a hunch he’ll be gone long before 25. I don’t think ACL tears scare teams like they used to, and the upside is just so high with him. I could be wrong …

On 2/10/2022 at 6:19 PM, Baba Booey said:

Elam. Time to get a legit #2 CB opposite Tre! 

No idea who these players are.  However, I have an opinion.

One of my beliefs is to get the best upside or player at a position.

Historically, at this position in the draft we could get these type of players (in no particular order).....

1. Best Center

2. Best Nose Tackle

3.  Top 1 or 2 Cover CB

4. Best RB

5.  Best TE (2nd tier TE, not interested)

6.  Top 1-3 Guards

I would like the best NT, best cover CB or best Guard (possibly a Center).  2nd choice would be a Center or RB.  We have a TE and better than what is available.  I like one of the best #1 options and a RB in round 2 possibly.

Go Bills, fill the gaps and make us great!  A nose Tackle at 25 would be great and fill the roster out for performance, quality and cap all in one.  Center does the same at 25 too.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I see what you are saying in terms of Aaron Donald. But is there an Aaron Donald level prospect at LT that will be there at #25? I would think that level of LT prospect is going to go in the top 10 picks. 

And why would Dawkins transition to guard? There have been quite a few LT's that have not had to make mid career or even late career switches to the inside. Off the top of my head Trent Williams, Jason Peters, Tyron Smith. None of those guys made transitions to guards. And they have all played LT into their 30's and well beyond in Peters case. Yes, those guys are all - pros and future HOFers but i would think Dawkins could play LT for 3-4 more years. That only bring him up to 30 - 31. 

On 2/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, GunnerBill said:

I voted for Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson. Surprised he has so few votes. He is a top 5 player in the class for me. Not I will caveat that with the fact that he wouldn't be a top 5 player in a lot of other classes. I have a top 15 grade on him, but there just are not the real high end talents at the top of this draft class, so a guy like Booth who would normally be a mid first rounder will end up going early IMO. If he is somehow still there at #25 I'll sprint from London to Vegas to hand the card in and make it in time.... that's how much I like this kid. He was built to play in our defense. Reminds me so much of Tre White. 

My top 3 wish list is:

- Andrew Booth

- Trevor Penning

- Chris Olave

In that order. But I personally doubt any of them are there. Olave has the best chance. 

How do you compare Olave and Dotson?  Admittedly, I’ve only seen highlights and everyone looks good on highlights, but Dotson has great hands and is pretty shifty.  He might have to play slot only at his size.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Robinson certainly is gonna go in the 2nd. I am not even sure he makes it as far as the Bills in the 2nd. When you look at a guy like Tutu Atwell who the Rams took in the 2nd last year it is clear that the small, speedy, gadget receiver is no longer the preserve of day 3 only. 

Taylor was someone I highlighted in my Senior Bowl write up (see below). I think 3rd round is a bit early for him but I certainly think he could be an early day 3 who ends up as a solid starter in the league. 

Carter isn't a player I have looked at yet. 

Yay, we finally agree on something!

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Wan’dale Robinson is tiny at 5’8” 170 - I would have a difficult time spending even the Bills’ late 2nd rounder on someone that size.  3rd round, maybe.  I’m not saying that someone won’t grab him in the 2nd, just that I’d be wary that early.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Wan’dale Robinson is tiny at 5’8” 170 - I would have a difficult time spending even the Bills’ late 2nd rounder on someone that size.  3rd round, maybe.  I’m not saying that someone won’t grab him in the 2nd, just that I’d be wary that early.

Do yourself a favor, look him up.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know that he is exceptionally quick.  Will he hold up in the NFL at 170lbs?  

I am eager to see the weigh ins and the Combine drills. Unlike McKenzie, I think he has the frame to take big hits. He is more so built like Cole Beasley but he has the speed and athleticism of Isaiah McKenzie. People have gone on and on about how this offense needs speed, this is your guy.

I like him in a trade down scenario or if he is there for us in RD2. It may even make sense for Buffalo to go BPA in RD1 and then to trade up in RD2 to nab him.

I think one of the greatest questions that we may ask ourselves going into the draft is: Would we rather have 2-3 impact players or would we rather add a lot of depth?

I am firmly against trading up in RD1, I find it to be way too costly, but I adore the idea of Buffalo moving up in RDs 2, 3, 4 as I think there is more value to be had in doing so in these rounds.

Back to Wan’Dale, I have a bottom of the first round grade on him. I’m hoping that Buffalo can trade some of our dead weight so we can move up in RDs 2, 3, 4. Guys like Feliciano and Ford and maybe even Edmunds could net us picks that could potentially land us some potential difference makers in the draft.

I think amassing multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds year after year is the best way to build a team, but I cannot ignore the impact of a potential difference maker in RD1.

1 hour ago, Manther said:

No idea who these players are.  However, I have an opinion.

One of my beliefs is to get the best upside or player at a position.

Historically, at this position in the draft we could get these type of players (in no particular order).....

1. Best Center

2. Best Nose Tackle

3.  Top 1 or 2 Cover CB

4. Best RB

5.  Best TE (2nd tier TE, not interested)

6.  Top 1-3 Guards

I would like the best NT, best cover CB or best Guard (possibly a Center).  2nd choice would be a Center or RB.  We have a TE and better than what is available.  I like one of the best #1 options and a RB in round 2 possibly.

Go Bills, fill the gaps and make us great!  A nose Tackle at 25 would be great and fill the roster out for performance, quality and cap all in one.  Center does the same at 25 too.

No.  Draft the best players and help them  become great.  That will make us great.  Don’t draft for need in rd 1.  Draft the best players.

58 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

How do you compare Olave and Dotson?  Admittedly, I’ve only seen highlights and everyone looks good on highlights, but Dotson has great hands and is pretty shifty.  He might have to play slot only at his size.

Olave is the best route runner in the class. Dotson is a slot only for me. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I am eager to see the weigh ins and the Combine drills. Unlike McKenzie, I think he has the frame to take big hits. He is more so built like Cole Beasley but he has the speed and athleticism of Isaiah McKenzie. People have gone on and on about how this offense needs speed, this is your guy.

I like him in a trade down scenario or if he is there for us in RD2. It may even make sense for Buffalo to go BPA in RD1 and then to trade up in RD2 to nab him.

I think one of the greatest questions that we may ask ourselves going into the draft is: Would we rather have 2-3 impact players or would we rather add a lot of depth?

I am firmly against trading up in RD1, I find it to be way too costly, but I adore the idea of Buffalo moving up in RDs 2, 3, 4 as I think there is more value to be had in doing so in these rounds.

Back to Wan’Dale, I have a bottom of the first round grade on him. I’m hoping that Buffalo can trade some of our dead weight so we can move up in RDs 2, 3, 4. Guys like Feliciano and Ford and maybe even Edmunds could net us picks that could potentially land us some potential difference makers in the draft.

I think amassing multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds year after year is the best way to build a team, but I cannot ignore the impact of a potential difference maker in RD1.

I agree that in the Bills’ current state, I’d rather have fewer picks, but more in the 2nd-4th, if possible.  Trade ups of a few spots to secure a player that is standing out on the Bills’ board can be a good strategy.  Still, Bills’ aren’t exactly flush with “draft capital” picking late in every round, so I think any big trade ups are unlikely unless Bills include a vet in the deal - even then I don’t think that any player the Bills would consider parting with would fetch, at best, a 3rd.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.