• Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State
    • Devin Lloyd, EDGE, Utah
    • David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan
    • Travon Walker, DL, Georgia
    • Demarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
    • Other

3 hours ago, Rockinon said:

WR is a sneaky need for this team with McKenzie's and Sanders' contracts ending. Speed is something the offense needs to be successful.

With all due respect, I don't think its sneaky at all.

Feed the beast.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Every year I'm with him. Sooner or later I end up supporting one guy or other, but IMO that's the right answer.

BPA at a position of need.

Ok - but that's not what he said.

• Agree 1

As long as Allen is protected in the pocket, we dont need to have superstars at WR. We already have one in Diggs. Brady is the best QB in history with a bunch of no-names for the majority if his career. How many times did we see him standing like a statue in the pocket for 5-6 seconds? 

Diggs + Davis + Vet FA WR + mid-round rookie in the draft is plenty. Especially with Knox coming into his own at TE. Take a flier on a speed WR in rd 3 or rd 4.

Sure up the oline to protect our greatest asset is my thinking. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is my ranking of the OPs list in order:

Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State

Tyler Linderbaum, OC/OG, Iowa

Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson

Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College

Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia

Jordan Davis, NT, Georgia

Drake London, WR, USC

Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State

Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

Demarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M

Devin Lloyd, EDGE, Utah

David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan

Travon Walker, DL, Georgia

Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

Just a note on Elam. If you watch his games he is extremely soft. Shies away from tackling and gets blocked up easily by WRs and does not shed blocks well at all. All of which are the total opposite of what we look for in our DBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

After having those players swiped from our Practice Squad, I wonder in BBB (Big Baller Beane) will use some of those late rounders to move up a bit here and there?  

I am not sure if the salary cap and losing some veteran strength will reduce the need to keep decent players open to being swiped?

19 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

With all due respect, I don't think its sneaky at all.

Feed the beast.

You could be right. With Allen still slinging it to Diggs, Davis, and Beasley, the offense is still going to make plays. Don't forget Knox and the running backs can catch too. Thing is, any WR brought in is likely just going to be a backup. I want the #1 pick to be a significant contributor. Someone who is actually going to play a lot of snaps. Look how long it took before Davis started getting significant reps. A beast on the OL or a really good CB will do that. WR will take a long time to actually contribute. Not to diminish the importance of playmakers on offense....I certainly see the need. In all honesty though, I think the front office will continue to prioritize the defensive line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I voted for Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson. Surprised he has so few votes. He is a top 5 player in the class for me. Not I will caveat that with the fact that he wouldn't be a top 5 player in a lot of other classes. I have a top 15 grade on him, but there just are not the real high end talents at the top of this draft class, so a guy like Booth who would normally be a mid first rounder will end up going early IMO. If he is somehow still there at #25 I'll sprint from London to Vegas to hand the card in and make it in time.... that's how much I like this kid. He was built to play in our defense. Reminds me so much of Tre White. 

My top 3 wish list is:

- Andrew Booth

- Trevor Penning

- Chris Olave

In that order. But I personally doubt any of them are there. Olave has the best chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, bobobonators said:

As long as Allen is protected in the pocket, we dont need to have superstars at WR. We already have one in Diggs. Brady is the best QB in history with a bunch of no-names for the majority if his career. How many times did we see him standing like a statue in the pocket for 5-6 seconds? 

Diggs + Davis + Vet FA WR + mid-round rookie in the draft is plenty. Especially with Knox coming into his own at TE. Take a flier on a speed WR in rd 3 or rd 4.

Sure up the oline to protect our greatest asset is my thinking. 

Brady wasn’t able to get it done in NE the past couple of years with no names. The league has changed. It used to be a RB needy league. It’s morphed into a pass oriented game 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I haven’t really scouted this season but I’d probably take the guy that’s been getting compared to Mike Evans (Drake London). Allows us to keep Davis in the slot where he thrives and have a three headed monster at WR. 

I’m a USC Alum and can verify that Drake London is a beast. He was literally unstoppable last year. He played on the Trojan basketball team before deciding to focus on football and then got REALLY hurt. With that injury however I’ll have to rely on the medical staff. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Rockinon said:

You could be right. With Allen still slinging it to Diggs, Davis, and Beasley, the offense is still going to make plays. Don't forget Knox and the running backs can catch too. Thing is, any WR brought in is likely just going to be a backup. I want the #1 pick to be a significant contributor. Someone who is actually going to play a lot of snaps. Look how long it took before Davis started getting significant reps. A beast on the OL or a really good CB will do that. WR will take a long time to actually contribute. Not to diminish the importance of playmakers on offense....I certainly see the need. In all honesty though, I think the front office will continue to prioritize the defensive line.

You think a rookie CB contributes sooner than a rookie WR with Josh throwing to him? 

I think not. 

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely do think a rookie CB will see the field before a rookie WR. There's far more depth at WR. The CB's on this team are mediocre to awful with the exception of one. No WR is just going to handed starting role. After listening to Beane's interview, sounds like he wants to protect Josh. Could be we are both off.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I’m a USC Alum and can verify that Drake London is a beast. He was literally unstoppable last year. He played on the Trojan basketball team before deciding to focus on football and then got REALLY hurt. With that injury however I’ll have to rely on the medical staff. 

I agree strongly with this. He’s probably in my top 5 as far as this entire list is concerned. 

I see it as this:

1. Kaiir Elam

2. Andrew Booth

3. Tyler Linderbaum

4. Drake London

5. Jordan Davis

I strongly think that CB should be our #1 priority. I saw a gentleman in this thread say that Kaiir Elam isn’t willing to tackle, but  I happen to disagree. He has an intimidating blend of size and speed, he’s a great athlete and I think he has an impressive skill set for our staff to work with. His dad and uncle both played in the NFL too, so he has a convincing pedigree and more importantly, quality coaching since his youth as a football player.

I am annoyed to admit that we need to draft another corner in the 1st round however. In my heart of hearts I would rather go after a guy like Drake London or Tyler Linderbaum.

Jordan Davis is also a convincing prospect, but do we have to burn yet another 1st on a defensive lineman? 

Calling all draft provocateurs, connoisseurs and contrarians alike!

Who are this drafts risers, sleepers and sinkers?

(When I mean sleepers, I don’t necessarily mean 6th, 7th and UDFAs. I also mean players who will go earlier than their “projected” draft rankings.) 

DISCLAIMER: If you are brave, pick a player who you think will drop come draft day!

I’ve got three players whom I feel will either get drafted higher than expected or will completely outperform all expectations once they reach the NFL.

1.) Wan’Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky

• Wan’Dale Robinson is an elite slot receiver  in the mold of Tyreek Hill with a splash of Cole Beasley and Isaiah McKenzie in him. He is projected to go anywhere from the top of the 3rd round all the way up to the bottom of the second round. I could very well see his stock rise very steeply after the combine. Wan’Dale would give Josh another elite weapon to pair with Diggs & Davis. 

CBS: #57

PFF: #85

BR: #67

2. Zachary Carter, DT, Florida

• At 6’4 285lbs he has a big frame to work with, he’s explosive and quick and could easily pack on another 10-20lbs. He’s projected as a 4th-5th round pick, but I think he has the talent of a high end 2nd round pick. He’s racked up 17 sacks in the last 3 years for Florida along with 25 TFL. Is he the big fat NT we are looking for? No, but he is a talented player to rotate in alongside Oliver on that DL.

CBS: #U/R

PFF: #158

BR: #128

3. Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee 

• Standing at 6’0 195lbs, Taylor has prototypical size for the CB position. He’s a mid round prospect, somewhere in the realms of maybe the 4th-5th round but I think Taylor would be a great selection with our 3rd round pick. He’s a talented player physically and would really give our coaching staff a player who has a very solid  physical skill set to work with. I could easily see this guy locking down that CB spot opposite of Tre come week 1. He’s boasted of 4 INTs over the last 3 years, including 2 last year. I am a firm believer in going CB RD1, but even so, it would not be a bad idea to select this guy later in the draft even with if we do!

CBS: #80

PFF: #U/R

BR: #U/R

On 2/17/2022 at 12:02 AM, Victory Formation said:

I agree strongly with this. He’s probably in my top 5 as far as this entire list is concerned. 

I see it as this:

1. Kaiir Elam

2. Andrew Booth

3. Tyler Linderbaum

4. Drake London

5. Jordan Davis

I strongly think that CB should be our #1 priority. I saw a gentleman in this thread say that Kaiir Elam isn’t willing to tackle, but  I happen to disagree. He has an intimidating blend of size and speed, he’s a great athlete and I think he has an impressive skill set for our staff to work with. His dad and uncle both played in the NFL too, so he has a convincing pedigree and more importantly, quality coaching since his youth as a football player.

I am annoyed to admit that we need to draft another corner in the 1st round however. In my heart of hearts I would rather go after a guy like Drake London or Tyler Linderbaum.

Jordan Davis is also a convincing prospect, but do we have to burn yet another 1st on a defensive lineman? 

We absolutely do NOT need to draft a corner in round one. I’m fact, I think it would be really dumb. This staff has an uncanny ability to maximize a DB’s skill set and have made an undrafted FA and a seventh round pick viable players. We can get a solid corner in the third or fourth and I have all the confidence in the world it would be an upgrade with this coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.