• Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State
    • Devin Lloyd, EDGE, Utah
    • David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan
    • Travon Walker, DL, Georgia
    • Demarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
    • Other

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You people are genuinely sad. 

There is no thread you won't thread-nap in pursuit of the desperate urge to express a stupid opinion.

It's like watching those sovereign citizen videos on youtube.

You should watch yourself............that is a football-free personal attack...........and I am guessing some kind of ppp garbage at the end.

In my 23+ years of experience here.......people who have started chasing after me with increasingly less football related takes soon disappear along with their desperate, stupid opinions.    

Just saying,  keep being football ignorant if you want........but compose yourself. 

The reality is that no team with a young All Pro MLB is in need of trading their top pass rusher for a much lesser player in Tremaine Edmunds.    

That's common sense.

And any thread where there isn't a LT option in a very strong draft early for tackles..........well it's obviously just a "let's draft for immediate need" thread and that's an absurd way to approach round 1.

• Like (+1) 5

14 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

By Draft day, the highest player who is going to be drafted imo on this list is Jermaine Johnson from Florida State. He was my selection, need , best value. Davis is 6'7 and a mammoth man. Thats a lot of blocking area and no DT has ever been 6'7 and highly successful. Jameson Williams while good has a torn ACL and wont be available for part of the season and usually takes 2 years to full recover from. 

Everywhere I look Davis is listed at 6'6".

Off the top of my head John Henderson(6'7") and Marcus Stroud(6'6) were pretty good. Both made multiple pro bowls. 

This is tough when the list includes SO MANY players that won't be available at #25.

I'd be thrilled with any of the UGA players, or Elam, or Williams. I lean towards Linderbaum as well, but would be difficult to pick him over some of the other talent in this list (that, again, wont actually be available to us).

If we can get a 3rd for Edmunds, then I'm picking Dean.

I think I'd wait on WR until later in the draft since there seem to be a lot of WRs in this class and Beane has been good about finding WR talent later.

I'd want to ensure Davis isnt Dareus2.0. Big guy who is often out of shape and sometimes takes plays off. But when he is on... ooo wee.

I guess I'd flip a coin between Elam and Linderbaum.

21 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It's a bit too early to have a good feel for the Bills targets and where they'll fall before FA and the combine. 

The thread isnt about who we think the Bills will want. It's who WE would want as a fan.

I picked Davis because it’s hard to find a man that big and heavy who moves that well. Only caveat would be I’d want him to play more than 50% of the snaps to maximize his value to the defense. If thats not guaranteed, go with a speedy CB or WR who will play close to 100% of the snaps.

41 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Cmon bangarang, you say this every year. I listed half the darn prospects in the 1st round not including QBs! Pick one! 

Every year I'm with him. Sooner or later I end up supporting one guy or other, but IMO that's the right answer.

BPA at a position of need.

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The thread isnt about who we think the Bills will want. It's who WE would want as a fan.

Sure, still a bit early pre-combine to really know which player truly stands out. Here's what I want from the #1 pick this season:

- A potential lock-down cb who fills Tre's shoes in the next 3-5 years as Tre hits 30-32 years old... 

- A legitime deep threat #1 wr that can fill Diggs shoes in the next 3-5 year as Diggs get older too... 

- A high quality IOL starter that can play day 1 and make the O-line better than it was last year...

And I'm not sure which one of those I want more with the #1 pick out of the players that may be available.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I don’t think Dean is there, but if he makes it to 25 he’s the easy pick. He’s everything we want Edmunds to be. 

Dean is good but it will require someone giving us a 3rd for Edmunds. The league knows Tremaine and that's going to be a tough pitch.

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't try to narrow it down to one pick I have to have.  I'd rule out a bunch of players on that list.  I'd be happy with Jermaine Johnson, Jordan Davis, Kenyon Green, Jamison Williams, Andrew Booth or Kaiir Elam.  I could live with Trent McDuffie or Roger McCreary.

My top 5 in order of projected production would be:

1.   Linderbaum 

2.  Davis

3.  Booth

4.  Williams 

5.  Elam

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

My top 5 in order of projected production would be:

1.   Linderbaum 

2.  Davis

3.  Booth

4.  Williams 

5.  Elam

Why Booth over Elam? Elam to me seems to be along the lines of Jalen Ramsey and Booth seems to be along the lines of TreDavious. Both are special.

I went with Elam as well. He would probably see the most playing time out of the gate compared to any others here. If you want an upgrade with our first pick, it has to be someone with a chance to play a significant number of snaps. I also like Linderbaum. Excelled as a wrestler, shotput and baseball in HS. Kid has game. He would have been my pick if he was a little bigger. At 290lbs, not sure he is a 1st round guy that can take on NFL Dlinemen. Looked great in college though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.