Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

That was a heck of an episode.  I like how Mike actually tried to treat howard with a bit of 'respect' as he was being thrown in the pit 

Mike has always followed a code, as crazy as that sounds for a former corrupt cop now tied in with a cartel.

I loved the way they shot the whole first sequence leading up to Kim knocking at Gus's door.  That whole thing looked like a horror movie.

• Like (+1) 2

As far as the BB universe goes...  it is crazy to see Mike bested at every turn by Lalo over the past season and a half-plus.  Gus should be firing him.

It made for great television though.  Over many episodes, we are conditioned to expect Mike to have an uncanny ability to read every situation 6-steps ahead and out-wit everyone.  Gus to a point as well.

So Lalo constantly out-maneuvering them takes the audience for a ride.

Edited by May Day 10

52 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

As far as the BB universe goes...  it is crazy to see Mike bested at every turn by Lalo over the past season and a half-plus.  Gus should be firing him.

It made for great television though.  Over many episodes, we are conditioned to expect Mike to have an uncanny ability to read every situation 6-steps ahead and out-wit everyone.  Gus to a point as well.

Mike's recoveries though, they're pretty awesome, but you have a valid point, shouldn't be a need for constant recoveries, but it makes for great TV 

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I agree. To a point. Lalo was such an intelligent, unpredictable wild card. Mike is definitely learning on the job concerning Lalo.

Pretty awesome that almost the entire episode takes place in the actual runtime of the show.

3 hours ago, gomper said:

I agree. To a point. Lalo was such an intelligent, unpredictable wild card. Mike is definitely learning on the job concerning Lalo.

Pretty awesome that almost the entire episode takes place in the actual runtime of the show.

I’d expect Mike to hone his trade these last episodes.  This episode almost seemed like it could have been the last one, but sure as heck there is a lot more to come!

Rumors are they tie into the BB universe.  I would have figured it was when Walt is shown the lab for the first time.  Remember, BB took 2 years.  Walt was 50 at the beginning, and 52 at the end.  Remember the bacon on the eggs?  So no matter when (if) they intersect, not a lot of time to do so.  Still a lot of work to be done in the lab and only 5 episodes left.

Great episode. Did not expect Lalo to die.  Not sure where it goes from here because who is the protagonist?  The twins?  What causes Kim to exit?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Mike's recoveries though, they're pretty awesome, but you have a valid point, shouldn't be a need for constant recoveries, but it makes for great TV 

Mike wasn't the one who left the completely safe bunker and headed over to the lab in the middle of the night.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Up until the end, I really didn't love the episode.  A lot of head scratchers.  I guess it'll make sense before it ends 

I actually felt the opposite.  I thought it started off nicely with the aftermath, and petered out starting with Gus' odd wine tasting interaction.

The weak part of the show for the last 3 seasons has been the Saul/Kim side of it.  It lost a lot of its appeal when Chuck died.   Its tough that the Salamanca/Gus thing is well wrapped up.  It will be tough to pick this thing up for the last 4 episodes after the carnage/resolution of the middle of this season.  Very interested in the post-Breaking Bad timeline though.  That could be pretty intense.  I also wonder what we have in store for the Breaking Bad timeline and if we are going to see some cool perspective and more depth on some of the events that directly occurred in that show.

I thought the episode was going to end with Walt/Jesse's visit to Saul's office.

26 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I actually felt the opposite.  I thought it started off nicely with the aftermath, and petered out starting with Gus' odd wine tasting interaction.

The weak part of the show for the last 3 seasons has been the Saul/Kim side of it.  It lost a lot of its appeal when Chuck died.   Its tough that the Salamanca/Gus thing is well wrapped up.  It will be tough to pick this thing up for the last 4 episodes after the carnage/resolution of the middle of this season.  Very interested in the post-Breaking Bad timeline though.  That could be pretty intense.  I also wonder what we have in store for the Breaking Bad timeline and if we are going to see some cool perspective and more depth on some of the events that directly occurred in that show.

I thought the episode was going to end with Walt/Jesse's visit to Saul's office.

My biggest problem from the start was Kim and Saul going about their day with no visible signs of trauma or being shaken by what happened the night before.  Then all of a sudden in the motel it all floods back. I know they're kinda psychotic with their emotions, but I found it very hard to swallow.  

The Gus wine thing has to be a bigger deal.

Didn't get Mike suddenly needing to go visit Nacho's father.  Just seemed so damn random and unnecessary 

9 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

My biggest problem from the start was Kim and Saul going about their day with no visible signs of trauma or being shaken by what happened the night before.  Then all of a sudden in the motel it all floods back. I know they're kinda psychotic with their emotions, but I found it very hard to swallow.  

The Gus wine thing has to be a bigger deal.

Didn't get Mike suddenly needing to go visit Nacho's father.  Just seemed so damn random and unnecessary 

Mike had been trying to help Nacho get out every step of the way.  He feels incredibly guilty over that and it's something they've been showing over and over.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Mike had been trying to help Nacho get out every step of the way.  He feels incredibly guilty over that and it's something they've been showing over and over.

I think it was a powerful gut punch to Mike's character that Nacho's dad dismissed him as being the exact same as all the other thugs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah i get that, but it just seemed like a weird place to have that storyline.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.