Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

42 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you ever think a spin off with Pinkman and his life in Alaska would be interesting?

Tends his chicken coop, goes fishing, hunting, back inside to watch tv. Repeat until he kill’s himself cause he can’t do anything else. 

4 hours ago, Logic said:

While I don't think the writers are going to do this, I was thinking about it after the episode a couple weeks back:

A Gus Fring prequel spinoff.

Again, I know it won't happen, but he's the most compelling character remaining. Diving into his early life and learning what led him to the life we know him to lead in Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad would be cool. With what we now know regarding an apparent repressed homosexuality, it sure seems like there'd be enough material in this character's backstory to get a few seasons' worth of good TV out of.

There isn't much prequel remaining I think.

I think you could get some 2 hour movie or double-episode type things.  Perhaps digging into fring's beginnings or the salamancas/Cartel.  Maybe even a fun thing with skinny pete/badger... or huell/kuby

Anything stretched into full episodic television would be too much

• Agree 2

Seems like we will get more Pinkman based on the preview I just saw. 

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Or he brings you the blue stuff up there.

Finds Alaskan trashy hookers and fights bear hunters over territory.

So blue meth shows up in Alaska and you don't think the DEA wouldn't notice immediately?  This national story where one of the main suspects flees and where multiple DEA agents were murdered?

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Didn’t Dexter move to Alaska? Perhaps a crossover where Dexter stalks Pinkman. 🤔

i never saw Dexter.  I'm assuming its PG?

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Seems like we will get more Pinkman based on the preview I just saw. 

So blue meth shows up in Alaska and you don't think the DEA wouldn't notice immediately?  This national story where one of the main suspects flees and where multiple DEA agents were murdered?

Does the DEA even know Alaska exists?

On 8/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, May Day 10 said:

Yeah, he went full villain going hard at that guy with cancer.  Also, the little foreshadowing with the mini grave fading with him laying in it isn't a good sign

I think he’s going so hard on this guy because of misplaced anger....he sees this guy with cancer as Walter White....the person who ruined his life as Saul sees it.......although as the great scene with Mike in Saul’s office shows us, it’s truly Saul’s fault he is in the position he is in.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Special K said:

I think he’s going so hard on this guy because of misplaced anger....he sees this guy with cancer as Walter White....the person who ruined his life as Saul sees it.......although as the great scene with Mike in Saul’s office shows us, it’s truly Saul’s fault he is in the position he is in.

I blame those skateboarder swindlers from the first episode that led him directly to Tuco.😃

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 2

Yep, yep, yep 😆. Kim living the mundane life. Too afraid to make decisions and take charge. At least the weight is off her shoulders now. I like going on Reddit and reading the post episode discussion. It's amazing what easter eggs people catch and the insights: https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/wjrb0d/better_call_saul_s06e12_waterworks_postepisode/

If the transition from last weeks episode when it goes from the grave to him laying in bed is any indication, it may not bode well for Saul ☹️

5 hours ago, gomper said:

What an extraordinary episode.  Poor Kim finally let all the grief out for what she did to Howard and her own life. Gene about to kill Carol Burnett. Wow, just tremendous. One last chapter to go.

When Gene wrapped that cord around his hands looking to strangle, I kinda saw that as the end of him.  I didn't think he would actually do it but it showed me he's lost it.  

I just wonder how Jimmy will take the "betrayal" of Kim.  I cannot wait for next week.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When Gene wrapped that cord around his hands looking to strangle, I kinda saw that as the end of him.  I didn't think he would actually do it but it showed me he's lost it.  

I just wonder how Jimmy will take the "betrayal" of Kim.  I cannot wait for next week.

He was turning in to Walter White. The loaf of bread when he enters the kitchen said White. Luckily he snapped out of it when Marion said "I trusted you". One more episode ☹️

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

He was turning in to Walter White. The loaf of bread when he enters the kitchen said White. Luckily he snapped out of it when Marion said "I trusted you". One more episode ☹️

Capture.JPG

Yep. Saul is now the one who knocks like he did at Marion’s back door. He’s totally broken bad. I wonder if he will take Kim’s advice and actually turn himself in after all. 

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Saul is now the one who knocks like he did at Marion’s back door. He’s totally broken bad. I wonder if he will take Kim’s advice and actually turn himself in after all. 

That's what I'm really wondering.  Does he go out like Walt or does the guilt eat him up and does turn himself in?

Looking forward to the surprise.

Final episode info: 

“In a road-trip story, a reclusive prepper abandons his bunker in search of a female prepper from his past; along the way, he meets an unlikely ally who is his polar opposite; they team up in an effort to find their loved ones.”

The last episode promo is odd:

We hear Saul saying the vacuum model code that may be used to convey to the vacuum man that he needs extraction and a new identity. But as we hear Saul saying this—out of breath and clearly in distress—we see Saul’s 1998 Suzuki Esteem that was shot up during the ambush in the desert last season, when Saul almost got killed retrieving Lalo’s bail money. 

We know that Lalo and Nacho found the car but nothing has been mentioned of it since. What is the significance?

9 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Looking forward to the surprise.

Final episode info: 

“In a road-trip story, a reclusive prepper abandons his bunker in search of a female prepper from his past; along the way, he meets an unlikely ally who is his polar opposite; they team up in an effort to find their loved ones.”

The last episode promo is odd:

We hear Saul saying the vacuum model code that may be used to convey to the vacuum man that he needs extraction and a new identity. But as we hear Saul saying this—out of breath and clearly in distress—we see Saul’s 1998 Suzuki Esteem that was shot up during the ambush in the desert last season, when Saul almost got killed retrieving Lalo’s bail money. 

We know that Lalo and Nacho found the car but nothing has been mentioned of it since. What is the significance?

If this is in play, then I have no idea.  Really, I'm completely in the dark about tonight. Theories abound but what I'm truly going to miss is the magnificent writing (obviously amongst other things) and constantly being surprised. That's a special talent these days. It's comforting to know that whatever happens, it'll be excellent. Can't say that about many shows, ever.

BCS has joined BB, Sopranos, The Wire in the TV HOF. It's been a great ride.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.