Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

Its pretty certain the show will not end with him being hidden again, especially hidden with Kim.  There is a precedent set now that the story is far from over if/when that happens.  Kim is like adding steroids to Saul's conning.

I am guessing there will be one last major con in this episode that wraps things up between the authorities, Kim, and likely his death/incarceration.  Similar to Felina in Breaking Bad
I cant see where it can possibly go though.  he seems hopelessly wrapped up in being a villain right now.  Kim is pretty miserable in her fake existence/guilt.  
IMO the happiest end that we can hope for is if Saul goes to prison and the last scene is him running some sort of fast-talking con on some jacked and confused inmates.  But what is a potential happy-end for Kim?  It seems like there is no winning there

I guess that Kim may sacrifice herself somehow so that Saul may live.  "Im happy you are alive" was literally the only positivity from her in the last episode.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

We hear Saul saying the vacuum model code that may be used to convey to the vacuum man that he needs extraction and a new identity. But as we hear Saul saying this—out of breath and clearly in distress—we see Saul’s 1998 Suzuki Esteem that was shot up during the ambush in the desert last season, when Saul almost got killed retrieving Lalo’s bail money. 

We know that Lalo and Nacho found the car but nothing has been mentioned of it since. What is the significance?

And the entire video is in color, so I'm wondering if it's a flashback to when he was in the desert.

Edited by shrader

What an episode.

Both Odenkirk and Burnett really had an amazing scene.  His face was very similar to the one Walt would make when angry.

I’ve tried to guess what’s next, and can’t here.  I feel it doesn’t end well for Saul, be it incarceration or death.  I want a happy ending for Kim, but that is all but impossible.  I had thought they’d end up together as Gene and Kim, no way that is possible.

I wonder if we will see either Mike or Gus again.  Most likely not.

I will be glued to my seat for sure.  Kinda hope it’s commercial free.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

Watching the 2nd half of this seasons run up to the finale tonight.  They are showing them on a marathon on AMC.

What Kim wanted was for Jimmy to share in her despair and acknowledge what they did was wrong.  He wouldn’t do that.  I feel that’s what drove them apart when she said we are bad together.  Meaning she doesn’t trust him to stop being who he is.

She wanted him to be nice on the phone.  She needed him to be as torn apart about their actions as she was.  Again, he couldn’t do it.

Call it a flaw or a superpower, but I can easily abandon a book, movie or TV show. There could be 10 minutes left in a movie, 10 pages in a book or four seasons into a show, if I think it's lost it's mojo, I won't hesitate to stop.  

On the other hand, BB and BCS had my full attention. They created a show where almost every scene had meaning, it could be a callback dozens of episodes down the line, or signal a significant plot point. There was no wasted dialogue and every character had a meaningful part. Even HOW a scene was filmed could speak volumes. Even verbal communication and Easter eggs could tap into your unconsciousness that you needed to  pay attention. 

BB was the perfect (chef's kiss) story arc, and while I missed the show, I wouldn't have change a thing (and yes, I even liked the fly episode, it fit the absurdity of the show). On the other hand, I will really miss Better Call Saul and wish it would keep going. I think it could continue on a few more seasons because I have great confidence the show runners would all get it right and never have me say, "So, when does this wrap up?"

Let's hope there are a few more of their caliber in the works. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Call it a flaw or a superpower, but I can easily abandon a book, movie or TV show. There could be 10 minutes left in a movie, 10 pages in a book or four seasons into a show, if I think it's lost it's mojo, I won't hesitate to stop.  

On the other hand, BB and BCS had my full attention. They created a show where almost every scene had meaning, it could be a callback dozens of episodes down the line, or signal a significant plot point. There was no wasted dialogue and every character had a meaningful part. Even HOW a scene was filmed could speak volumes. Even verbal communication and Easter eggs could tap into your unconsciousness that you needed to  pay attention. 

BB was the perfect (chef's kiss) story arc, and while I missed the show, I wouldn't have change a thing (and yes, I even liked the fly episode, it fit the absurdity of the show). On the other hand, I will really miss Better Call Saul and wish it would keep going. I think it could continue on a few more seasons because I have great confidence the show runners would all get it right and never have me say, "So, when does this wrap up?"

Let's hope there are a few more of their caliber in the works. 

BB was amazing, but this last season of Saul has been incredibly written.  Fantastic how they are wrapping it all up.  The running around the snowy field practicing for the robbery was absurd, but somehow fit.  My only real complaint is how Carol Burnett used Ask Jeeves to look up “Albuquerque conman “ and found Saul.

I really don’t believe there was any other way to wrap up this story.

It is an absolutely stellar show and I do hope they somehow continue.  Can’t see it with the age of the actors.  But I can only hope.  I feel they left Fring’s Chile storyline open, not sure they go down that road.

Edited by davefan66

7 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Looking forward to the surprise.

Final episode info: 

“In a road-trip story, a reclusive prepper abandons his bunker in search of a female prepper from his past; along the way, he meets an unlikely ally who is his polar opposite; they team up in an effort to find their loved ones.”

This was the description of the walking dead episode that aired last night. I’m not sure how they slipped up and have it listed for Better Call Saul. 

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Great.

I thought of godfather 2 when Saul walked into that courtroom and saw Kim.

Plus the scene between the gates at the end. Definitely GF2 call back there.

I thought it was terrific.  After all his selfishness, he redeemed himself by saving Kim from having her life destroyed, further. 

Edited by gomper

I am really going to miss this show.  A fitting ending as Jimmy redeems himself.

You have to give the writers and the actors a huge amount of credit.   Every character in this was engaging.  

Throughout this last season, I have gotten lost a couple of times.  There were scenes I didn't understand and conversations on this board I understood even less.  The reason for this is, I have yet to see a single episode of Breaking Bad.  I find it hard to believe it could be better than Saul. 

As far as I can see, not knowing the Breaking Bad story/characters didn't detract from Saul.  Maybe you don't miss, what you don't know.

47 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I am really going to miss this show.  A fitting ending as Jimmy redeems himself.

You have to give the writers and the actors a huge amount of credit.   Every character in this was engaging.  

Throughout this last season, I have gotten lost a couple of times.  There were scenes I didn't understand and conversations on this board I understood even less.  The reason for this is, I have yet to see a single episode of Breaking Bad.  I find it hard to believe it could be better than Saul. 

As far as I can see, not knowing the Breaking Bad story/characters didn't detract from Saul.  Maybe you don't miss, what you don't know.

I think Breaking Bad is better but won't argue with someone who likes Better Call Saul is better.  It's 1 and 2 for favorite shows of all time.

Watching Walter White transform in the show is awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, meazza said:

Definitely.  She will be volunteering and doing what personally satisfied her.

I wonder if she just left that mundane life behind?  Quit her job and broke up with her boyfriend….maybe she just disappeared?

I wonder if she’ll be another big time Lawyer or the free attorney appointed to street criminals.

7 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Great, fitting ending. In the courtroom he wanted to be Jimmy McGill again. But on the bus the prisoner said "Don't give me that, you're Saul" and when they chanted his name, he smirked. He can't escape who he really is. The scene with his brother was sad.

Interesting he applied his Cinnabon skills in the prison bakery. I expected him to assist inmates with their appeals. (Maybe he does that too?)  Here's a tidbit about Cinnabon.  The company reached out to Gould and Gilligan after the reference in Breaking Bad to see if they were serious about putting Jimmy/Saul/Gene in a Cinnabon. Bob Odenkirk actually attended Cinnabon manager training to learn the role.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.