Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

On 5/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, Boyst62 said:

Isn't everyone forgetting we still have Jimmy to wrap up in the present day and the show has been a flashback?

I'm surprised they didn't show any of that to start off the season.  I'm pretty sure every season started with the "modern day".  They did start with the raid of Saul's house this season, but that scene was in color, wasn't it?  The flash fowards to Gene were always black and white.

On 5/23/2022 at 10:44 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

My jaw stayed dropped for like 5 minutes.

I just finally watched the mid-season finale last night.

The moment Lalo entered the scene, I instinctively shouted out "OMG, they are going to kill Howard!"

I could just feel it coming!  I did not think it would go down when it did or so quickly, however.

It still shocked me!

• Like (+1) 1

Theory:  They foreshadowed by showing the Vacuum Cleaner guys card during one of the recent episodes.  I think Jimmy gets scared for Kim's life and she is the first to go with the vacuum cleaner guy.  The show will end with her and Jimmy eventually meeting up in Omaha....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I just finally watched the mid-season finale last night.

The moment Lalo entered the scene, I instinctively shouted out "OMG, they are going to kill Howard!"

I could just feel it coming!  I did not think it would go down when it did or so quickly, however.

It still shocked me!

Yep!  I went from leaning back on my couch to the front of the seat.

I felt so bad for Howard, they tortured him for the last few years, ruined his professional reputation and then they get him killed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I felt so bad for Howard, they tortured him for the last few years, ruined his professional reputation and then they get him killed.

Not me, the guy was grade-A douche material.

Him and Slippin Jimmy's brother.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not me, the guy was grade-A douche material.

Him and Slippin Jimmy's brother.

He was for a bit when he put Kim in doc review.  But after that, he was fair to them.  He didn't deserve the aftermath and certainly didn't deserve to be killed by a cartel member that Jimmy was working with.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was for a bit when he put Kim in doc review.  But after that, he was fair to them.  He didn't deserve the aftermath and certainly didn't deserve to be killed by a cartel member that Jimmy was working with.

It's debatable whether Jimmy was "working with" Lalo or whether he was held hostage by him.

31 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's debatable whether Jimmy was "working with" Lalo or whether he was held hostage by him.

He didn't want to work with them after but I think he got himself involved first with the "slimy" way he worked as a Lawyer.  I can't remember what was the first one...was it with Nacho?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And in the eyes of the public, Howard probably just disappears.  That body is going to be cleaned and no one will ever find it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep, the writers worked hard to make Howard an interesting, complex character. 

Sure, he was "that guy" in a lot of annoying ways, but he was pretty much harmless and I think genuinely wanted to treat Jimmy fairly, perhaps out of respect to his brother (and Howard's mentor) as much as anything.

But if Howard was just a flat, predictable, jerk, he would not have been nearly as interesting as a character, nor would anyone have cared when he was killed off.

I enjoyed him as much as anyone on the show and Patrick Fabian's acting was great!  He'll be missed! 

Maybe we will see new material from him again in the future in flashbacks.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Hell of a midseason finale, for sure.

Loved the mediation scene with Howard melting down in front of everyone.

Then, of course, the big scene at the end. The second the candle flame flickered, I thought "oh *****....that's not good. Something's about to go down".

Rhea Seehorn continues to deserve an Emmy. 

Can't wait to see how this thing wraps up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He didn't want to work with them after but I think he got himself involved first with the "slimy" way he worked as a Lawyer.  I can't remember what was the first one...was it with Nacho?

Nacho wasn't a salamanca. It was Tuco.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, shrader said:

They've been dropping little hints at Omaha for her throughout the series.  This time it was the Nebraska license plate in her flashback.  I think she's alive and they're somehow going to bump into Gene at the end of the series.

That’s been my thought- that the fate of Kim will be revealed when she appears in the post BB world with Gene in Nebraska. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

She gave up her Mesa Verde gig because she sided with some guy who couldn't cope with the fact that he didn't own the land he built his house on.

For some reason that’s always what I think of when I hear “Salamanca” lol

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 11:50 PM, Ralonzo said:

For some reason that’s always what I think of when I hear “Salamanca” lol

Her relationship with the character played by Barry Corbin (love him from Northern Exposure) was a part of leaving the corporate legal world, but not the whole of it.

They had built on a theme for a long time that she was the sort of attorney who really wanted to help people, especially down and out people, more than make rich individuals/business entities richer.

She was always going to leave the corporate world behind at some point, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

I read that S6E8 will be a Lalo heavy episode but who knows with this writing team. Spoilers are online due to this one being shown to the Emmy voting audience last week but what's the point of knowing ahead of time. I prefer to be blown away at the same time with everyone else. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.