Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

It’s truly amazing that they have pieces together this amazing show based solely off of a throwaway line in one episode. If somehow they had more planned, kudos to them because Saul Goodman was the comic relief of Breaking Bad. Just look at the casting. Saul and his entire entourage were nothing but stand up comedians. 

I still expect Kim to somehow walk away from this alive. Saul also thinks Lalo is alive in the Breaking Bad timeline, so he may very well still be. This thing can go anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I liked Howard as a character.  Well-played.  I was kind of angry about Kim and Saul going at him.

When Howard showed up at the end of the 'finale', I expected something drastic to go down.  I thought he would pull out a gun or something and off himself I dont know.  Just wrong place, wrong time.

Agreed. I really started hating Kim and Jimmy this season. Never disliked them prior to this season. Was really hoping Lalo was about to shoot Kim because that would hurt Jimmy too. 

21 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Pretty good payoff for waiting and watching their scheme unfold too.   

I wonder where it goes from here.  What would Lalo want/need from Saul/Kim?  Part of me doubts Kim will leave that "talk" but it would seem early to end that character.  I do think Kim may have reached her full arc though turning into a full monster and it would be a fitting end. 

It seems like there isn't a ton of ground to cover for 6 episodes-worth.  Hoping we get at least a full episode for the Gene/Saul conclusion in Omaha.  

Idk how it ends but we still have Walt and Jesse appearing this season

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Here’s the full article by June Thomas. Talk about lack of imagination and underestimating one of the finest writing/directing teams in history. I gotta see if she changed her tune along the way.

https://slate.com/culture/2013/04/breaking-bad-saul-goodman-bob-odenkirk-spin-off-on-amc-bad-idea.html

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Idk how it ends but we still have Walt and Jesse appearing this season

Yeah, if I had to guess, we are going to see the conclusion of the Lalo/Kim/Gus/Mike part of the story in the first 3-4 episodes.  Then it will be business as usual for Gus and Saul and there will be some sort of time jump to late 2008.  Then we will see integration in the BB timeline a bit and see what Saul was up to behind the scenes (perhaps even more Gus and Mike).  Then, finally, we will see the final conclusion of Saul/Gene and maybe Kim (Huell?) in Omaha.  

• Like (+1) 1

Holy wow.

So very unexpected.  Sad TBH. Yeah, Howard could be a SOB but didn’t expect that.  I guess though, you’d have to expect it knowing there is no trace of him in BB.  

Wow.  Still in shock.  Still processing. Maybe a bit too far.?

Going to be a crazy ride to the end. 

Makes me kinda not like Saul in BB.  You know he’s done bad stuff to be the lawyer he is.  But to visualize what he did?  Makes it tough right now to like his character.  We will see how it plays out.  Wow.

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Makes me kinda not like Saul in BB.  You know he’s done bad stuff to be the lawyer he is.  But to visualize what he did?  Makes it tough right now to like his character.  We will see how it plays out.  Wow.

I think saul was fine with a few childish pranks to cope with Charles, with the bowling balls and the prostitutes in the restaurant.

Kim seems like a psychopath and gets pleasure from this stuff.  She kind of dragged saul into going this far.  When saul saw that judge with the broken arm, he seemed almost relieved to call off d-day and for Kim to pursue her "professional" dream instead.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think saul was fine with a few childish pranks to cope with Charles, with the bowling balls and the prostitutes in the restaurant.

Kim seems like a psychopath and gets pleasure from this stuff.  She kind of dragged saul into going this far.  When saul saw that judge with the broken arm, he seemed almost relieved to call off d-day and for Kim to pursue her "professional" dream instead.  

Kim is an absolute idiot IMO. Psychopath is probably the right word too. She has given up so much of her promising career for nothing. She gave up her Mesa Verde gig because she sided with some guy who couldn't cope with the fact that he didn't own the land he built his house on. She gives up Schweickert, who seemingly let her get paid her massive salary to not do any real work for the firm. She gives up her "dream job" interview. At this point I am hoping to see Lalo take care of her by the end of BCS. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

Finally got to the season finale of part 1.

Im a little surprised at the comments here. Since season 1 of bcs, we've known Jimmy was a slimy lawyer/person, and obviously we know his character in breaking bad. I actually like Kim quite a bit. We don't know what happens to her yet, but I'd kinda be surprised if she just gets killed. I feel like it's too predictable but what do I know. Excited to see how it ends 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:16 AM, May Day 10 said:

She didn’t start out that way.  Maybe she had it in her, but it took Saul to get her to be what she is now.  She wasn’t complicit at first, but slowly slid into the depths with him.

I don’t think she gets killed.  In fact, she probably starts to regret her actions now and may change her ways.

I feel she lives on.

Isn't everyone forgetting we still have Jimmy to wrap up in the present day and the show has been a flashback?

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

She didn’t start out that way.  Maybe she had it in her, but it took Saul to get her to be what she is now.  She wasn’t complicit at first, but slowly slid into the depths with him.

I don’t think she gets killed.  In fact, she probably starts to regret her actions now and may change her ways.

I feel she lives on.

Dev had the best fan theory but impossible to make work... But Wendy in BB was what Kim became after she displayed some addiction habits etc.

With all these great shows, I always find it odd that the majority of the fans of the shows take away is that the female lead is always the "bad one".  With "The Sopranos" everyone hates Carmella..."Breaking Bad" has Skylar.....now "Better Call Saul" has Kim.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Isn't everyone forgetting we still have Jimmy to wrap up in the present day and the show has been a flashback?

Dev had the best fan theory but impossible to make work... But Wendy in BB was what Kim became after she displayed some addiction habits etc.

Wendy was in better call Saul a couple episodes ago so definitely impossible to make work 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Wendy was in better call Saul a couple episodes ago so definitely impossible to make work 

That and she knew Saul in BB, among other things that made it impossible. But it would have been a wonderful twist to the character

• Like (+1) 1

While we're in the Hiatus, I'm happy to report that Howard's pro tip about spinning a dropped can to settle down the bubbles works. Dropped a few beers while stocking the cooler for our party.  I'll be damned. What can't this show do?

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Anyone think we get a Walter white cameo sometime before the finale? Obviously Saul Goodman wasn't at the start of breaking bad, but wasnt the better call Saul episode of breaking bad in season 2 or 3?

Confirmed that Walt and Jesse will appear. How and why is a mystery. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.