Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

12 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I find myself really disliking Kim and Jimmy. In addition, I know it’s a TV show, but it’s completely unrealistic that Jimmy would run into this judge in some random liquor store. 

It is but you have to make the show interesting so unusual things happen.  Like I remember one episode of the Walking Dead where they are walking through a town and a rocket launcher was just sitting right there ready for use.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I wonder if there is going to be a major turn in this next episode whether it is Kim vs Saul or Saul vs Kim.  Im hoping not, this show is above a cheap heel turn.

I don't know if I missed it or not but Kim's new proposed position doesn't require relocation?  I'm wondering if that's how they write her off the show or something.

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know if I missed it or not but Kim's new proposed position doesn't require relocation?  I'm wondering if that's how they write her off the show or something.

They've been dropping little hints at Omaha for her throughout the series.  This time it was the Nebraska license plate in her flashback.  I think she's alive and they're somehow going to bump into Gene at the end of the series.

On a side note, nothing was more infuriating than hearing the phrase "miseason finale" pop up in the preview for next week.  The show takes 18 years each year to film their next season and AMC is going to play that game with us?

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, shrader said:

They've been dropping little hints at Omaha for her throughout the series.  This time it was the Nebraska license plate in her flashback.  I think she's alive and they're somehow going to bump into Gene at the end of the series.

Very interesting.......I like this theory!👍

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My jaw stayed dropped for like 5 minutes.

…worth watching the subsequent Talking Saul episode which was entertaining and good follow to Season 6 halftime had Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Patrick Fabian, Peter Gould, and other cast members.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr Info said:

…worth watching the subsequent Talking Saul episode which was entertaining and good follow to Season 6 halftime had Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Patrick Fabian, Peter Gould, and other cast members.

Was just going to post this after watching.

Gould talking about left turns coming for the 2nd half - both him an Odenkirk talking about twists and turns while still having satisfying conclusions true to the different characters - could bode well that Kim does make it (would they really speak interms of 'satisfying' if Kim got killed?)

Random thought about the episode - at one point after Lalo's masterstroke to use the phone bug to his favor, Mike tells Gus we've pulled the protection from all the "low priority" targets, my first thought at the time was does that include his granddaughter - turns out it did include Jimmy and Kim.  The fact that Mike considered/determined that Jimmy and Kim were "low priority" targets (after Mikes' earnest dicussion with Kim that she would be protected) ia what ultimately led to Howard's demise.

Edited by stevewin

I liked Howard as a character.  Well-played.  I was kind of angry about Kim and Saul going at him.

When Howard showed up at the end of the 'finale', I expected something drastic to go down.  I thought he would pull out a gun or something and off himself I dont know.  Just wrong place, wrong time.

19 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I liked Howard as a character.  Well-played.  I was kind of angry about Kim and Saul going at him.

When Howard showed up at the end of the 'finale', I expected something drastic to go down.  I thought he would pull out a gun or something and off himself I dont know.  Just wrong place, wrong time.

I didn't expect Lola to show up but I thought something was up.  I did think suicide for a second.  I mean his reputation is tarnished and his wife is leaving him...

Edited by Royale with Cheese

On 5/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

I find myself really disliking Kim and Jimmy. In addition, I know it’s a TV show, but it’s completely unrealistic that Jimmy would run into this judge in some random liquor store. 

That was the brilliance of "Breaking Bad".  You spent most of the series feeling somewhat sympathetic, and rooting for Walt...but by the end, I think many (me included) couldn't wait to see him get what he deserved.  it is the whole concept of "breaking bad"... it just kind of happens to people, when they aren't even conscious that it is happening.

btw- speaking of "the judge", I didn't realize until last nights' episode that he is played by John Ennis...part of Odenkirk's old "Mr Show" crew.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Zero Gene so far as well

I got a little pulled away at the very end of the show last night...but wasn't there a brief "black and white" snippet...some sort of reference to Gene?

Edited by Buftex

19 hours ago, stevewin said:

Can't say I saw that coming.  OMG

The social media post Bob O posted way back in December 21 that showed Howard with blood in his hair made this a bit more anticlimactic for me.  I really wish they wouldn't allow leaks like that.  

EDIT:  Following up; Bob posted this a few minutes ago:

Mr. Bob Odenkirk  24m

@mrbobodenkirk

Well the truth can be told. I screwed up. I did not know you could see a little bit of make up that told story… my bad

Edited by coloradobillsfan

Pretty good payoff for waiting and watching their scheme unfold too.   

I wonder where it goes from here.  What would Lalo want/need from Saul/Kim?  Part of me doubts Kim will leave that "talk" but it would seem early to end that character.  I do think Kim may have reached her full arc though turning into a full monster and it would be a fitting end. 

It seems like there isn't a ton of ground to cover for 6 episodes-worth.  Hoping we get at least a full episode for the Gene/Saul conclusion in Omaha.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.