Better Call Saul - final season April 18,2022

davefan66

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I also held out hope that the throw away line meant Nacho survived.  Interesting part of the prequel is we know who makes it out of BCS, except Kim.  I do have a theory on what happens to her.

I’d guess the Saul’s mansion with golden toilet was bought with the sandpiper money. 

It will be such a gut punch to the audience if they kill Kim - I'm wondering if she goes into witness protection after giving up some goods on the cartel - maybe to cover;save Jimmy.

Re: the mansion I was going to say above when they started the Howard scam my first thought was well this isn't going to end well b/c somehow Jimmy's gonna get screwed out of the money altogether - but yeah when they showed the mansion my thought was they were successful and he did get paid - and blew it on that (it seems at some point the full blown transition to Saul must really escalate)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

It will be such a gut punch to the audience if they kill Kim - I'm wondering if she goes into witness protection after giving up some goods on the cartel - maybe to cover;save Jimmy.

Re: the mansion I was going to say above when they started the Howard scam my first thought was well this isn't going to end well b/c somehow Jimmy's gonna get screwed out of the money altogether - but yeah when they showed the mansion my thought was they were successful and he did get paid - and blew it on that (it seems at some point the full blown transition to Saul must really escalate)

Whatever happens to Kim, it has to fit within the constraints of the BB universe.  She’s not there, and never a mention.  

I don’t feel she gets killed.  I feel Nacho dying was the big hit we get this season leaving us feeling anything is possible with Kim.

What is amazing about BCS is, to me, how they have rolled two shows into one. The first 4 seasons were a study in a slow burn character development. How Jimmy changed, his relationship with his brother Chuck, Kim, Mike, Howard and on and on.

Now, all the decisions these characters made have them going full throttle into the BB pace and twists we all love. 

Bad choice road indeed.

I've said from the beginning that Kim will choose to dump Jimmy and move on with her life.  That will be the reason why she was never around in the BB universe.  Just a guess though! 

I have said this also from day 1: Kim and Jimmy's relationship is simply not convincing.  They do not relate to each other on screen like 2 people who live together.  They treat each other in formal, respectful fashion, frequently hide things from one another (mostly Jimmy not as much Kim), and I don't know--they just have very little on-screen charisma together.

I think it will be easy to break them up when the time comes and have Kim move on with her life.

She is WAY better than Jimmy/Saul and in real life I don't feel like those 2 people would be together.

• Like (+1) 1

Kim and Mike meet for the first time! Worlds are colliding!!

When I saw a bald guy sitting at the diner counter out of focus, I knew it was going to be Mike. That was a really cool scene between the two of them...I like when Kim realized "You're the guy from the desert." Good stuff.

The funniest part of the scheme to discredit Howard part of the episode was the fact that Saul got mad that someone moved the cone from the parking space...."What kind of an a**hole moves a cone??!! No Saul, what kind of an a-hole steals a man's car so he can impersonate him and kick a prostitute out of his car in front of his co-worker?🤣🤣

• Agree 1

This is top 3 in my best shows ever.

I loved the way they developed Nacho throughout the series.  It was the reverse of Saul or Walt in BB.  What happened to him was inevitable, but also loved the way he went out. Everyone keeps saying Mike is Breaking Bad, but I disagree.  He's already exactly where he's always been.  He was never exactly good.  He's always been a really good complex character... kind of an anti-hero.  For all the good he tries to do (save Saul in the desert, help his family, try desperately to convince Gus to let Nacho go, etc.) he does an equal amount of bad... but he's conflicted.  Mike is what he is and even was what he was back when his son was alive and he was a cop.

Kim is interesting in terms of her character development.  I don't know how I feel about it.  I'll say this, I don't think she dies.  I also don't think she exactly dumps him.  What happens to her (I believe) connects to the way they've begun every single season so far.

Finally, I can't decide if I like the artistic beginnings or if they feel forced.  One thing I liked was the symbol of the ice cream parallel to Jimmy finally really becoming part of the cartel pretty much officially.  Jimmy innocently about to eat ice cream.  Cartel takes him to the dessert.  Ice cream eaten by ants by the time he gets back

• Like (+1) 1

What a great episode.  BB and BCS world starting to come together.  Mike meets Kim  was an excellent scene.  Almost as if both of them know the inevitable.  Connected. Saul gets his office.  Weird the whole tunnel and biking couple.  Loved that “spooge” made an appearance before he gets his head smushed by the ATM.

Subtle tension throughout.  Waiting for the the other shoe to drop.  Very well done.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, davefan66 said:

What a great episode.  BB and BCS world starting to come together.  Mike meets Kim  was an excellent scene.  Almost as if both of them know the inevitable.  Connected. Saul gets his office.  Weird the whole tunnel and biking couple.  Loved that “spooge” made an appearance before he gets his head smushed by the ATM.

Subtle tension throughout.  Waiting for the the other shoe to drop.  Very well done.

the spooge thing was genius.  Loved how he was pretty normal and you get the spectrum that meth and the blue meth turned him into a mutant.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I thought last night's episode was somewhat weak.  Not a lot happening.

Totally agree. The boxing scene was ridiculous. That being said, this show has delivered time and again. I never underestimate these writers. It's going to be a hell of a finish.

11 minutes ago, gomper said:

Totally agree. The boxing scene was ridiculous. That being said, this show has delivered time and again. I never underestimate these writers. It's going to be a hell of a finish.

It feels like the Point A to point B at this point doesnt need a 13 episode season to be honest.  Ill take it though as Im not in any hurry to leave New Mexico

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I thought last night's episode was somewhat weak.  Not a lot happening.

One of the interesting things in this episode was actually seeing the “Chicken Man” Gus spooked and scared.....never saw him like that in Breaking Bad(until a second before the wheelchair bomb explodes!!)....I’m sure this is tied to the fact that Gus will handle the Lalo problem before BCS ends.

Edited by Special K

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This kind of criticism really underscores just how good the show is. Remember “The Fly” episode in BB? 

My least favorite breaking bad episode lol. Apparently I’m no TV critic because I know a lot of people love it. All I remember from that episode is “spillage”. 

2 hours ago, Special K said:

One of the interesting things in this episode was actually seeing the “Chicken Man” Gus spooked and scared.....never saw him like that in Breaking Bad(until a second before the wheelchair bomb explodes!!)....I’m sure this is tied to the fact that Gus will handle the Lalo problem before BCS ends.

Seeing how absolutely terrible Hector is in BCS actually makes me a bit disappointed that he gets revenge in BB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.