2022 Mid-Terms - All Races, Polls, and Russian Interference

Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I’m going to follow your lead by ignoring the Real Clear Politics average of polls that show Kemp +4.8, Abbott +6.4, and DeSantis +8.8 and buy this hook, line, and sinker. If the blue wave doesn’t materialize we can always blame racism and hispanics. 

It seems like DeSantis certainly has the momentum as of late...

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I am incredibly skeptical of a blue wave:

• GOP won the redistricting fight, Dems couldn't even fight to a draw
  • Midterms of a first term presidency
  • Inflation & gas prices

Right now, we're going to see things really turn around for the Dems as the bottom drops out for the GOP on suburban women voters, but it's not even July yet. When Roe is five months in the rearview mirror and it still costs $90 to fill their gas tank, I'd expect we'd see things return to the expected GOP wins in the Fall.

It might not be as big as it would have been without Roe but I just can't see a Dem win in the midterms, not to mention an actual blue wave.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

• Inflation & gas prices

Right now, we're going to see things really turn around for the Dems as the bottom drops out for the GOP on suburban women voters, but it's not even July yet. When Roe is five months in the rearview mirror and it still costs $90 to fill their gas tank, I'd expect we'd see things return to the expected GOP wins in the Fall.

It might not be as big as it would have been without Roe but I just can't see a Dem win in the midterms, not to mention an actual blue wave.

House seems likely to go GOP, but wouldn't be super surprised if Dems pick up seats in the Senate 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

• Inflation & gas prices

It’s only one poll but the turning towards dems, even temporarily, is far from given. 

In blue states Roe/Wade has no effect  , still economy the main issue for elections. Crime , border  we will see. I doubt if Manchin will go with nuclear option to legalize abortion. If republicans win in 24 they could ban abortion even in blue states .

By many accounts the US is already in a recession.

U.S. Recession Already Six Months Old, Says Fed Model

Remember Q1 GDP growth was negative. More recently: 

"The Atlanta Fed GDPNow model is tracking this data, and it looks bad. At the time of writing, roughly a -1% decline in GDP for Q2 is on the cards. Of course, that forecast may change, but unless some upcoming numbers improve, it may mean that we’re already 6 months into a U.S. recession."

Heading into the midterms we're very like in a recession from the Q1 and Q2 numbers and right before the election the Q3 estimate will be released.  Per DRsGhost post above the top 3 issues for voters are gas prices, inflation and the economy. 

The timing of the economic data couldn't have been worse for the Democrats.  I don't see how this can't be a windfall election for Republicans.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, ALF said:

In blue states Roe/Wade has no effect  , still economy the main issue for elections. Crime , border  we will see. I doubt if Manchin will go with nuclear option to legalize abortion. If republicans win in 24 they could ban abortion even in blue states .

I don’t think so. Supreme Court ruling effectively said its a state issue not a federal one. That was the ‘reversal’ every one is talking about. 

they essentially said the right to abortion was a poor interpretation of the constitution and therefore states must have the power to decide. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The overturn of Roe has fully sunk in and polls reflect it has made an impact.....

The 2020 midterm elections are now 123 days away, and Republicans have an eight-point lead in their bid to recapture control of Congress.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that, if the elections for Congress were held today, 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Republican candidate, while 40% would vote for the Democrat. Just four percent (4%) would vote for some other candidate, but another eight percent (8%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The Republican lead has increased by three points since last week, when they led 47%-42%. The GOP has led the Generic Congressional Ballot all year.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot_jul09

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Keep seeing good news. Hope it holds up. Young voters have to turn out. 

The majority of voters over 45 voted for that idiot. The young people saved this republic 

This is a DNC polling firm and operative.

Who's job is literally to manipulate you.  

Screenshot_20220709-113702_Twitter.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1