Bills in Germany next season?

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

All anyone who questions the legitimacy of the NFL's expansion into Europe needs to do is turn on any game that has taken place in London in the last few years.

The stands are always full and the crowd always interested, even though the games that get sent there have, without exception, been completely awful.

Not only that, but you'll see a huge variety of different team jerseys in the stands. It feels like I've seen almost every team's jersey represented in the stands in the NFL's UK showcase games.

Personally, my favorite part of those games is how much more audibly appreciative the crowd is of a successful field goal than U.S. crowds. I guess they just appreciate a high quality kick more than us yanks 😆

But anyway, the "what's the point? It'll never take off" crowd is way off base here.

Yea the games over there for years have been *****.  If they want some good will send em bill chiefs and I’ll be there in a heartbeat.  

went to bills London sat second row behind bills bench and only thing I remember was my girl telling Rex to go f himself and he turns around and shakes his head at her. What a loss

9 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

NFL Europe folded in '07.  They started with 10 teams,folded when it got down to 6.  Why bother?

Money. 

Money is the answer. From many revenue sources. My only Super Bowl I personally attended we accidentally got on the wrong bus from the hotel. It was FULL of German guys. All wearing jerseys and having a wild time. They were all familiar with the game, the teams and the players. 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

I’ve never been to Europe.  I need to learn more.

Have either Chevy Chase or Will Ferrell done a movie about them Euro people?

Chevy is still stuck on a roundabout in London, I believe. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There should be no doubt that (American) football, and specifically the NFL, is gaining international appeal. Reuters estimated that of the 160 million viewers of the 2020 Super Bowl nearly 40 million were from outside of the US.

And Germany seems to be the best place for going to Continental Europe. NFL Europe generally had the largest attendance in games played in Germany, and in the last years of NFL Europe 5 of the 6 teams were located in Germany. Furthermore, there is now a new, NFL-independent "European League of Football" (ELF). Of the 12 teams, 7 are based in Germany.

Edited by DrW

Here's my prediction

Tenn @ Green Bay (unless Rodgers leaves)

Think it will be  featuring an NFC home team, my reason is this year the NFC gets the extra 9th home game so teams would have less to argue about losing a home game since they are gaining an extra one.  Tenn @ Green Bay features two highly thought of teams, both playoff teams in 2021 and expected to be there in 2022 as long as Rodgers doesn't leave, but also not one of the highest anticipated games of the year like Bills V KC

If not this game do think it will some game involving an NFC home game as they get the extra one. Pitt @ Philly, Balt @ Giants, Colts @ Vikings would be other possibilities IMO

Ein prosit!

Call me what you will, but I really dislike NFL games being played outside of America.  They always come across feeling like exhibition games, and not like important regular season games. 

I also think it's an insult to the fans in the US.  How exactly are the American fans benefiting from these games?  (Apart from the very few that will be able to travel to Germany.) It's just a money-grab by the owners and an f-you to the fans.

It feels just as stupid as when the Bills played in Toronto.

Do the Euros even care about American football?

I know here in NZ, Kiwis generally view "gridiron" as a curiosity and nothing really more.

<rant end>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They are just dying to make American football an international phenomenon.

As I keep saying in these threads, why make billions when you can make hundreds of billions?

🤢

🤮

👎

I have no idea what you do, or what you make. BUT, if you had a chance to make 50% more, or double or triple your income, would you not be interested?

Forget how many digits are involved. Just think, do you want more, or do you just want to squat and settle? 

I’m tired of people who hate on rich people (NOT saying you are one of them!). It’s only natural to want more. Who doesn’t? 

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I need to know what year this was released. It's simply...amazing. Not in a good way. Or a bad way. It transcends lazy, ethnocentric value judgments. 

Released in 1997 near as I can tell, and best left in the last millennium.  

It's worth mentioning that Hasselhoff isn't really that big in Germany anymore.

For more modern phenomenon, check out DJ Ötzi's "Ein Stern."

Or anything from Helene Fischer.  Her huge hit is "Atemlos durch die Nacht."

You can't turn on German TV without running into her for quite a few years now.

Richard Noggin, just remembered this one!  You'll love it!

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.