Bills promote Matthew Smiley to ST Coordinator

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Stop using valuable roster spots on guys that just play Special Teams. 

That would make them the first team in at least 25 years not to do so.  Those guys you mention are more valuable to the Bills than the next 10 depth players on the roster.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cut Haack, Kumerow and Jones. Keep Matakevich on a lower contract number. 

Stop using valuable roster spots on guys that just play Special Teams. 

Draft best punter in the draft in round 5

The bottom of the roster is basically guys who only play special teams. That’s every team in the league I’d imagine. 

Kumerow was what, the 5th WR on the depth chart? How valuable is that roster spot exactly? 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

well Kumerow and Jones are FAs so no need for the overkill

I think he means sign them just to kill them.

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Plenty of Dopeys on TSW.  Does that count?

No because they could not get a UDFA slot if they bribed Jim Overdorf with Cayman Islands account.

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The bottom of the roster is basically guys who only play special teams. That’s every team in the league I’d imagine. 

Kumerow was what, the 5th WR on the depth chart? How valuable is that roster spot exactly? 

6th.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont like guys that smile too much

Yup, Can’t trust happy people…

I Billieve McD spends a lot of time with STs also, but I would have been much happier with a big-name STs coordinator add.

You can't complain being eighth but I wish our STs were more dynamic. That we kicked less into the endzone and we're a bit more aggressive there. Possibly trying more things. We spend a lot of money on STs yet we always try to make STs a non factor in determining the winner. I think all of our units should be dynamic and aggressive. Seems like we only have one unit that fits that description. Maybe because are offense is so good we try to diminish the other areas of the game? It seems like we try a just don't lose it mentality, no?  At least in most games anyway. Sometimes our defense plays aggressive. But I can't recall the last time our STs played a big role in winning the game aside from maybe kicking a lot of field goals but I can't even remember that off hand.

I guess I'm just still mad about that chefs loss....

The f***ing bengals are in there instead of us! Geez! That sucks! I hope Joe SCHOEN is right when he said don't caount the Bills out of being a player in FA.... Just get a FA pass-rusher and draft a DT #1 if one is there or a CB. Let's really give the defense a real face-lift.

Build that OL and keep our receivers scary....

Farwell essentially became Bass’s personal cheerleader before he was drafted, so I’ll give him credit for that. If he wasn’t so high on him I don’t know if the Bills take him at that pick. The article I read talked about Farwell meeting Bass (at the Senior Bowl?), seeing how the ball exploded off his foot, then running and telling the higher ups how they absolutely had to draft the guy. From there Beane started doing his homework and giving Bass a closer look.

Edited by JayBaller10

Farewell, Farwell.

I wonder now if it wasn't a miscommunication on the part of Farwell but rather an act of insubordination. A mere misunderstanding is hardly grounds to fire someone, if that is in fact what happened. Maybe Farwell changed the call. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.