1984 Cowboys at Bills

Greg S

I was at that game in the upper deck, about 10 rows from the top.  My family kind of made fun of me for going.  That is too strong.  It was more like - why?

It turned out to be a good time...although I don't remember it being so crowded.

We hated Dallas back then....I mean, I don't like them now, but it is nothing like I felt toward them in the 80s-90s.  Perhaps my Patriots feelings have taken the edge off.

• Like (+1) 1

I was also at this game.  The only previous game I had been to was in 1976 when the Bills beat Kansas City 50-17.  The last play of that game was Tony Greene making an interception 2 yards deep in the end zone and returning it for a touchdown.  Then, the first play from scrimmage in this game, Greg Bell takes it 85 yards for a touchdown.

So, I got to see two consecutive plays with a combined yardage of 187 yards!  Unfortunately, that string didn't last.....  😁

• Like (+1) 5

Crazy game. Bills were 0-11 but the crowd was announced as 74,000.

That was the first time the Bills had ever beaten the Cowboys, and the Cowboys first trip ever to Orchard Park.

57 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Greg Bell had a hell of a game, over 200 yards and 2 tds.  At that time Bell had the longest run ever against the Cowboys.

I'm pretty sure this is the highlight of his career.  I frankly don't remember much else.  Like a couple of others above, I remember listening to this on the radio as a kid.

UPDATE:  I just looked it up and Bell had a couple of very good seasons with the Rams after leaving Buffalo, including one where he had over 1,200 rushing yards and led the league with 16 TDs.  This particular run was still the longest in his career and undoubtedly the highlight of his Bills career.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the highlight of his career.  I frankly don't remember much else.  Like a couple of others above, I remember listening to this on the radio as a kid.

UPDATE:  I just looked it up and Bell had a couple of very good seasons with the Rams after leaving Buffalo, including one where he had over 1,200 rushing yards and led the league with 16 TDs.  This particular run was still the longest in his career and undoubtedly the highlight of his Bills career.

Bell was a good back and probably would have been very good in the Kgun. Including him to get Biscuit though was a great move.

• Like (+1) 1

I was there !!!! The game that made me a Bills Fan. Downstate guy who'd attended 2 previous games late 70s when in college. Even though weather wasn't great I was so into the scene, the fans, passion for the Bills, everything. Seeing Landry skulk off the field at the end of the game was great.

No one can accuse you of being a Bandwagon guy when you jump on with a 2-14 team LOL.

I had grown up a Jets fan and being originally from LI, was furious at the move to New Jersey from Shea and screwing of the LI Fan base who built the franchise. I've been all in with the Bills since. Pretty much have attended at least 1 game a year since Y2K.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.