Report: NFL covered up key Deflategate evidence that favored Patriots

9 hours ago, prissythecat said:

If story is true, Pats have a good reason to get those picks that they  lost back.

No they don't... Tom Brady still deliberately destroyed evidence... all it took was one or two underinflated balls and if the Cheatriots were REALLY innocent then they would have fought it until the bitter end.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/28/tom-brady-destroys-cell-phone-nfl-says#:~:text=New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady obstructed the,alleged in his decision upholding Brady's four-game suspension.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The lead fumbler on pretty much every team every year is the QB. Brady takes very few sacks and has always protected the ball. That's the key thing to know about their consistently low fumble rate. It's also extremely rare for him to take on of those ugly sacks where he gets blindsided and demolished. He's always known when to go down and to start turtling if necessary. He is the unquestioned GOAT, after all.

You've inspired me. I'm going to drill down into that data and see what's really going on. 

My gut isn't accepting what you're saying. But if you're right, you're right. But I'm going to analyze first. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

No they don't... Tom Brady still deliberately destroyed evidence... all it took was one or two underinflated balls and if the Cheatriots were REALLY innocent then they would have fought it until the bitter end.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/28/tom-brady-destroys-cell-phone-nfl-says#:~:text=New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady obstructed the,alleged in his decision upholding Brady's four-game suspension.

Brady was suspended for the obstruction.   Now what does it have to do with the Pats fine and loss of draft picks?

8 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Brady was suspended for the obstruction.   Now what does it have to do with the Pats fine and loss of draft picks?

Innocent people don't obstruct an investigation and then take the suspension without a protracted legal battle.

This means that Deflategate was another attempt to cheat and as repeat offenders, the club got hammered.

End of story.

16 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Ahh thank you another lie the NFL spread they knew was false.

First, they had zero rights to HIS PRIVATE phone and he was under no obligation to tern it over to them. They knew this, the only reason they got the equipment managers phones was because they were team phones.. those phones showed zero communications about This with Brady.  For a good example be like your work asking for your phone from last year and you saying “I have a new phone I don’t have the old one.” Which could be true or false.

second they got everything they requested off the phone via the cloud. Proof? The stupid leaked text message about Manning that started an uproar for months..  it’s amazing how everything is on the cloud..

so you see yet another lie that the NFL told that was never corrected by SI or anyone else..

Again had ZERO to do with the integrity of the game, other teams were never punished for the same issue in the past and this was al about parity. The Patriots were good for to long and the NFL and other owners hated it.. Thus the bogus sting operation.. I mean come on! It’s so obvious a caveman would see it.. lmao I always wanted say that! Lol

45 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again had ZERO to do with the integrity of the game, other teams were never punished for the same issue in the past and this was al about parity. The Patriots were good for to long and the NFL and other owners hated it.. Thus the bogus sting operation.. I mean come on! It’s so obvious a caveman would see it.. lmao I always wanted say that! Lol

Like Barry Bonds who cheated, I have ZERO interest in debating this. Cheaters in my mind, * in my mind, done.

Good day.

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Innocent people don't obstruct an investigation and then take the suspension without a protracted legal battle.

This means that Deflategate was another attempt to cheat and as repeat offenders, the club got hammered.

End of story.

Exploring gray areas in the rules where there is no clearly defined right or wrong is not cheating.

It's called "being smart to gain an advantage."

All the teams in F1 motor racing are doing this sort of thing all the time!  But they are run by really brilliant people with Ph.Ds in mechanical engineering, fluid dynamics, and so on.

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Like Barry Bonds who cheated, I have ZERO interest in debating this. Cheaters in my mind, * in my mind, done.

Good day.

Meh I am of the mind Bonds as well as. Clemons were the faces given to something EVERYONE was doing in that era.. on a level playing field where no one was using their stats be the same.. but that’s how I feel.. at least they made baseball fun to watch.. now it’s like watching paint drying. 

We are all allowed opinions.. :) 

5 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

End of story.

What do you call Brady going to court then? He lost not on the merit of the argument but based on the fact the CBA gave the Commish the power to suspend anyone for any reason and for any length he sees fit. Wether right or wrong he can do it.  (FYI Brady won the first case he lost the appeal.)

also only 1 team has ever ever filed a lawsuit against the NFL.. 

On 2/9/2022 at 3:14 PM, dave mcbride said:

The lead fumbler on pretty much every team every year is the QB. Brady takes very few sacks and has always protected the ball. That's the key thing to know about their consistently low fumble rate. It's also extremely rare for him to take on of those ugly sacks where he gets blindsided and demolished. He's always known when to go down and to start turtling if necessary. He is the unquestioned GOAT, after all.

Dave, I have a question for you. 

I'm starting to look at the data and I'm focusing on non-QB fumbles divided by touches (nightmare to find a dataset for fumble per touch by team on a season, much less by position). That is what the Slate article was based on. 

I'm seeing a pattern. Tell me your thoughts. 

Would it be possible for Brady's teammates to have lower fumble rates (based on attempts) when Brady was the starting QB and higher fumble rates when he's not? 

We know if Brady is QB he has control over his fumbles, but what about his rushers and receivers? Does having Brady around decrease their fumbles? Could it be the offensive design? 

15 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Dave, I have a question for you. 

I'm starting to look at the data and I'm focusing on non-QB fumbles divided by touches (nightmare to find a dataset for fumble per touch by team on a season, much less by position). That is what the Slate article was based on. 

I'm seeing a pattern. Tell me your thoughts. 

Would it be possible for Brady's teammates to have lower fumble rates (based on attempts) when Brady was the starting QB and higher fumble rates when he's not? 

We know if Brady is QB he has control over his fumbles, but what about his rushers and receivers? Does having Brady around decrease their fumbles? Could it be the offensive design? 

Dunno. It's so hard to say because so many of those interchangeable NE RBs only played there. I suppose some of the receivers moved around -- Deion Branch, Randy Moss. And Brady himself only missed that one season (when Cassel was QB).

On 2/9/2022 at 5:13 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

After the "deflated balls" were taken away from them at halftime in that game, NE came out and mopped the floor with the Colts and would appear in 4 of the next 5 SBs, winning 3.

This was always a goofball story.  Now confirmed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.