Pats hire Joe Judge back, may not hire an OC

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Smart move by the Pats and it seems there is always a home waiting in Foxboro for all these former Pat's assistants that fail elsewhere at head coaches.

I can see a pats fan seeing it as a “getting the band back together “ sort of thing, but it having some sort of noticeable benefit to that team is a bit of a pipe dream, it’s nice to see BB lying to himself though…, 

13 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agolar were bad signings if ask me toss in Belichick has a bad draft record IMO. Yet I might be biased as a Bills fan. I get Belichick past success should allow him to write his own check but I wouldn't want it as a Pats fan.

You are naming two out of all the signings that he made, including draft picks. If you go down the line you will see the amount of 1st year and 2nd year players that started or played big rolls for them this year.  And not every pats fan is happy with all moves BB makes. Plenty of Pats fans criticize his moves but at the end of the day, his success speaks for itself. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

You are naming two out of all the signings that he made, including draft picks. If you go down the line you will see the amount of 1st year and 2nd year players that started or played big rolls for them this year.  And not every pats fan is happy with all moves BB makes. Plenty of Pats fans criticize his moves but at the end of the day, his success speaks for itself. 

He has to be feeling a bit of pressure, though.  Yes, the success speaks for itself - but the only real success came w/ the GOAT QB.  He hasn't done much without that QB.

If the Pats take a step back next year, the whole "It was Brady, not Belichick" crowd will be as loud as ever.

15 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Don't like the hiring but these are the coaches he had on the staff while he was winning SBs..

He's been the head honcho for 20 plus years now all of a sudden Kraft is gonna move on from him?

Judge was merely the ST's coach for 2 of them.  McDaniels was the OC and WR coach for the 3 of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 2:27 PM, Success said:

He has to be feeling a bit of pressure, though.  Yes, the success speaks for itself - but the only real success came w/ the GOAT QB.  He hasn't done much without that QB.

If the Pats take a step back next year, the whole "It was Brady, not Belichick" crowd will be as loud as ever.

I am sure that crowd will be loud...anything that reflects negatively towards BB that crowd comes out from the bushes..

Comes w the territory

The more I read about this, Joe Judge and Matt Patricia are going to be running the offense for the pats this year? Is this for real? 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/21/mmqb-raheem-morris-rams-defensive-coordinator-breaks-down-super-bowl-lvi

The Patriots’ moves are strikes for stability—but they are risks. Really, over the last month, Bill Belichick has empowered three guys to help mitigate the losses of offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and director of player personnel Dave Ziegler to the Raiders. The first two are Joe Judge and Matt Patricia, both of whom figure into the equation of replacing McDaniels. As it stands now, Judge is expected to work with the quarterbacks, and Patricia with the line, and each will do so without much experience having coached offense before they became head coaches over the last few years (Judge came up working with the special teams, Patricia on defense). Which, obviously, is a dice roll given the critical point that Mac Jones is at. (For what it’s worth, I’ve heard the Patriots haven’t so much as talked to Adam Gase about their OC opening, and things have been quiet on the Bill O’Brien front as well.) Then, there was the decision to go with college scouting director Matt Groh to replace Ziegler, who had replaced Nick Caserio a year ago. My sense is Belichick turned to Groh—who wasn’t a manager in any way until last year (he was the team’s national scout from 2019 to ’20), and was an area scout just three years ago—largely because he wanted someone in there with background in the organization and someone he thought would be around a while. Eliot Wolf was essentially Ziegler’s No. 2 over the last year, spent a decade as a director in Green Bay, was an assistant GM for two years in Cleveland, and is actually younger than Groh. But Wolf has also long been in the mix for GM jobs across the NFL, and interviewed for the Bears and Vikings’ jobs in January (feedback I got was that he was considered a strong candidate in both spots). And that, to some degree, makes him a flight risk, and it was probably tough for Belichick to swallow the idea of having to replace his personnel chief for a third straight year in ’23. So he went with a guy he likes a lot, and one, like Judge and Patricia, he can count on sticking around for a while. We’ll see how it goes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The more I read about this, Joe Judge and Matt Patricia are going to be running the offense for the pats this year? Is this for real? 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/21/mmqb-raheem-morris-rams-defensive-coordinator-breaks-down-super-bowl-lvi

If it is, the Foxboro Golden Corral Buffet is hiring on extra staff.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All part of the genius of Bill.  Mere mortals cannot possibly understand the 5D chess moves of the master.  He will prove once and for all that it was his genius all along and not Tom Brady responsible for all those wins.  Who needs offense when you have The Bill.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.