How bad is it for Lesile Frazier?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lol oh boy. Watch more than the Bills. 

It's OK be fooled by season stats over per game performance. 

He is not good enough anymore to call the plays needed to win when it counts most.

Edited by TBBills

when you blow a game with a horrific D play calling that goes against all logic and common sense it will be hard to get a job, esp when your D looked like that all season against average or above QB’s. 

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Players were out of position according to Bruce Smith. McDermott says they practice that situation all the time.

I still believe Obada screwed up in some way. He looks at Kelce before the snap. I just feel like he blew an assignment.

I get your point, but i call BS.  Bruce did not know what the call was and has never coached. Sean Payton and everyone with eyes (including Kelcie) noticed the middle wide open in a prevent mode and protecting sidelines with 13 sec left.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's OK be fooled by season stats over per game performance. 

He is not good enough anymore to call the plays needed to win when it counts most.

What? Because they haven't figured out how to stop the Chiefs?

What's the alternative to Frazier? I really don't  see a defense loaded with talent either. If anything maybe changes to the DL coach. DL is probably the biggest disappointment on defense. But even Washington is one of the best DL coaches our there.

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

when you blow a game with a horrific D play calling that goes against all logic and common sense in the biggest spot you’re not getting a job.  

Again there were timeouts called. Both calls are on McDermott. They discussed exactly what they wanted there in that situation. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What's the alternative to Frazier? I really don't  see a defense loaded with talent either. If anything maybe changes to the DL coach. DL is probably the biggest disappointment on defense. But even Washington is one of the best DL coaches our there.

Again there were timeouts called. Both calls are on McDermott. They discussed exactly what they wanted there in that situation. 

Frazier is the DC.  May be unfair if McD called the D, but we just don’t know.  

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Frazier is the DC.  May be unfair if McD called the D, but we just don’t know.  

They called timeout for discussion. They were in the defense McDermott wanted. Simple as that. Like McDermott said, they practice that situation all the time. 

That call was made months in advance. They had a plan for that situation and tried to execute that plan. It failed. We'll never know exactly what happened, according to Bruce Smith the players were out of position.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They called timeout for discussion. They were in the defense McDermott wanted. Simple as that. Like McDermott said, they practice that situation all the time. 

they may have practiced it, but it was horrendous positioning.  Payton agrees, Kelcie agrees, the results agree.  And McD can throw the players or vague “execution” around all he wants.  The play design sucked, was noted and exploited by the other teams TE.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Players were out of position according to Bruce Smith. McDermott says they practice that situation all the time.

I still believe Obada screwed up in some way. He looks at Kelce before the snap. I just feel like he blew an assignment.

They saw the situation, lined up, called a timeout, lined up same way, got torched.

Kelce told everyone this---in real time.  Twice.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They saw the situation, lined up, called a timeout, lined up same way, got torched.

Kelce told everyone this---in real time.  Twice.

Yep. And I put that squarely on McDermott. You can't really put it on anyone else. I loved how Sean Payton talked about it. He's an offensive coach but knew the exact defense that the Saints would've called in that situation. That play call was determined before the game even happened.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. And I put that squarely on McDermott. You can't really put it on anyone else. I loved how Sean Payton talked about it. He's an offensive coach but knew the exact defense that the Saints would've called in that situation. That play call was determined before the game even happened.

The only thing wrong with what Payton said is this: He claimed man coverage across the board should've been the call, but the Bills had been burned on a crossing route that went for a TD earlier in this game. They also lost to the Bucs in overtime on that crossing route to Perriman. My point being that I think the Bills were quite scared of being beaten on a walk-off TD due to one of the Chiefs' WRs outrunning and/or confusing Jackson or Wallace in man coverage, as we saw happen in this game and also earlier in the season.

I preferred Rex Ryan's idea: Zone coverage, not as deep as McDermott had them lined up, rush only two, and cover Kelce and Hill man-to-man underneath the zone coverage.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

The only thing wrong with what Payton said is this: He claimed man coverage across the board should've been the call, but the Bills had been burned on a crossing route that went for a TD earlier in this game. They also lost to the Bucs in overtime on that crossing route to Perriman. My point being that I think the Bills were quite scared of being beaten on a walk-off TD due to one of the Chiefs' WRs outrunning and/or confusing Jackson or Wallace in man coverage, as we saw happen in this game and also earlier in the season.

I preferred Rex Ryan's idea: Zone coverage, not as deep as McDermott had them lined up, rush only two, and cover Kelce and Hill man-to-man underneath the zone coverage.

I'm definitely calling man coverage with only 2 rushers. Dropping 9 DBs in coverage. 

But year any type of normal cover 3 or 4 works also. The Chiefs run that formation all the time. Multiple times they've run that formation and Wallace was in the face of Kelce. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Any DC that doesn't run prevent garbage defense. Prevent defense has not worked in years but the old heads keep doing it b.c they don't know how to change a game plan.

Edited by TBBills

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That call was made months in advance. They had a plan for that situation and tried to execute that plan. It failed. We'll never know exactly what happened, according to Bruce Smith the players were out of position.

That’s the problem. It’s the wrong plan because our coaches stink.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Kelce was surprised no doubt

Just was reading that Eric Bieniemy is undecided about coming back to Chiefs.  It could be a tactic to get more money from them or could be like Frazier, he's figured out he's not going to get a HC job when working in the shadows of Reid and Mahomes.  Just as I think that may be hurting Farziers chances too being tied to closely to McD. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

But why is a 2nd year player from the international exchange program in that position to begin with? 

there was a T/O called we should’ve had someone in that position who could’ve jammed Kelce, if he’s jammed that play doesn’t happen 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

But why is a 2nd year player from the international exchange program in that position to begin with? 

there was a T/O called we should’ve had someone in that position who could’ve jammed Kelce, if he’s jammed that play doesn’t happen 

That's the tough part. It doesn't make any sense. I think fans deserve an explanation as to what happened or what was supposed to happen.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just was reading that Eric Bieniemy is undecided about coming back to Chiefs.  It could be a tactic to get more money from them or could be like Frazier, he's figured out he's not going to get a HC job when working in the shadows of Reid and Mahomes.  Just as I think that may be hurting Farziers chances too being tied to closely to McD. 

One has already been a head coach with a 21 and 32 record and been fired from that gig whereas the other has never been afforded that opportunity. Frazier is vanilla as it gets be it HC or DC. He'd only be a placemat like Lovie is with the Texans, plus he's older. Bieniemy deserves a shot to show what he can do. Apples to oranges.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.