How bad is it for Lesile Frazier?

59 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Me too, i could easily make a team tank, id have John Skelton as my OC and frazier as my dc 😉

Frazier said this !?!? Do you have a link anywhere

It was in an interview a couple of months ago iirc, he did indeed say it, sorry I don’t have a link, 

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mahomes was seeing so much 2 high safeties that he wasn't prepared for single high and 8 in Coverage. Had Buffalo rushed 3 or even 2 with 13 seconds we win the game.

Heck don't rush anyone. Ugh.

They have to know Mahomes has to get rid of the ball at 2 seconds. Rushing 4 and even 3 would be such a stupid and wasteful decision. So why not double down and do it again. No pooch and back to back deep "prevents" definitely will define Sean McDermott's legacy. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It was in an interview a couple of months ago iirc, he did indeed say it, sorry I don’t have a link, 

he should be fired just for that. This isn't the 80s, adjustments must be made all the time and not just at the half, no wonder is so involved with the defense, makes you wonder what Frazier actually does for this team.

what ever the case may be the defense needs to be more aggressive, this passivity has to stop.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he should be fired just for that. This isn't the 80s, adjustments must be made all the time and not just at the half, no wonder is so involved with the defense, makes you wonder what Frazier actually does for this team.

what ever the case may be the defense needs to be more aggressive, this passivity has to stop.

I was more than a bit taken back when I read the interview, as a player I would not be thrilled to say the least to hear my coach say this, being my paycheck depends on game outcomes. Again, I am surprised he said it, maybe it’s more common amongst coaches than we would think, just look at how many coaches are middling at best, this attitude might be more prevalent than we think…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I was more than a bit taken back when I read the interview, as a player I would not be thrilled to say the least to hear my coach this, bring my paycheck depends on game outcomes. Again, I am surprised he said it, maybe it’s more common amongst coaches than we would think, just look at how many coaches are middling at best, this attitude might be more prevalent than we think…, 

McDermott has made changes himself he needs that from Frazier , otherwise see ya.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I was more than a bit taken back when I read the interview, as a player I would not be thrilled to say the least to hear my coach say this, being my paycheck depends on game outcomes. Again, I am surprised he said it, maybe it’s more common amongst coaches than we would think, just look at how many coaches are middling at best, this attitude might be more prevalent than we think…, 

He did not say he doesn't make adjustments. He said you don't just go to stuff you haven't practiced in the middle of a game totally away from your gameplan. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did not say he doesn't make adjustments. He said you don't just go to stuff you haven't practiced in the middle of a game totally away from your gameplan. 

Coaches do make in game adjustments to their game plans as needed, we all know this to be the case. In fact, they win games implementing that tactic. It happens most every Sunday during several games.  In post game interviews coaches say as much, touting their prowess, that they made those adjustments. 

I’m not on a rampage to denigrate LF, I think he’s a good coach, and overall has done a pretty fair job, but he is not good at in game adjustments, if we are being honest, we have all witnessed this.

Go Bills!!!

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Coaches do make in game adjustments to their game plans as needed, we all know this to be the case. In fact, they win games implementing that tactic. It happens most every Sunday during several games.  In post game interviews coaches say as much, touting their prowess, that they made those adjustments. 

I’m not on a rampage to denigrate LF, I think he’s a good coach, and overall has done a pretty fair job, but he is not good at in game adjustments, if we are being honest, we have all witnessed this.

Go Bills!!!

I have spoken to coaches about this. While it is by no means universal there is a school of thought that you do not try and execute stuff you haven't practiced. Doesn't mean you never adjust, and the Bills have had games where they have adjusted well. But going to something that you never practiced mid game is harder than most fans acknowledge. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, ScottLaw said:

Well… he did say he doesn’t like to make adjustments to the game plan this past season …

Here is the interview you're probably thinking of where Frazier talks about not liking to make adjustments during games.

Start listening at 2:55 minutes. Then he talks again about hating to make adjustments at 6:45 minutes. Unbelievable stuff here. 

• Vomit 1

On 2/12/2022 at 6:28 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mahomes was seeing so much 2 high safeties that he wasn't prepared for single high and 8 in Coverage. Had Buffalo rushed 3 or even 2 with 13 seconds we win the game.

Heck don't rush anyone. Ugh.

Yet... They were a 1/10 of a second from sacking Mahomes.

We're cursed...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Here is the interview you're probably thinking of where Frazier talks about not liking to make adjustments during games.

Start listening at 2:55 minutes. Then he talks again about hating to make adjustments at 6:45 minutes. Unbelievable stuff here. 

He needs to go, bringing 1990's football thinking into 2022.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I have spoken to coaches about this. While it is by no means universal there is a school of thought that you do not try and execute stuff you haven't practiced. Doesn't mean you never adjust, and the Bills have had games where they have adjusted well. But going to something that you never practiced mid game is harder than most fans acknowledge. 

I would not advocate for a wholesale abandonment of a given game plan, that for the most part would be counterproductive.  

For example, moving one’s DBs to play more press at a point during a game to stop a run of yardage gaining short passes so that your opponent can’t get into field goal range, and force an OT isn’t hard for a player to do, nor for a coach to implement, we are talking adjustments to the play calling part of a game plan not abandoning in totality said game plan.  

It does starts to sound like a strawman argument on the coaches behalf to deflect a critique of in game play calling…, you know the thing that most fans call a game plan, 😁👍 nomenclature/ verbiage discrepancies aside…, 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I would not advocate for a wholesale abandonment of a given game plan, that for the most part would be counterproductive.  

For example, moving one’s DBs to play more press at a point during a game to stop a run of yardage gaining short passes so that your opponent can’t get into field goal range, and force an OT isn’t hard for a player to do, nor for a coach to implement, we are talking adjustments to the play calling part of a game plan not abandoning in totality said game plan.  

It does starts to sound like a strawman argument on the coaches behalf to deflect a critique of in game play calling…, you know the thing that most fans call a game plan, 😁👍 nomenclature/ verbiage discrepancies aside…, 

The screw ups in the final 13 seconds were not on adjustments.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Players were out of position according to Bruce Smith. McDermott says they practice that situation all the time.

I still believe Obada screwed up in some way. He looks at Kelce before the snap. I just feel like he blew an assignment.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Play calling and execution, are the likely cause, but as we all saw, our defense was ineffectual throughout the game, as shown by the opponents score, so one might consider “adjusting”  one’s defensive play calling to mitigate the lack of defensive effectiveness…, 😁👍 so yeah,  coach needed to make adjustments from the get go, and “seemingly” just stuck with a series of play calling/ game plan that was obviously not effective…, yes hind sight is awesome 😁 

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Play calling and execution, are the likely cause, but as we all saw, our defense was ineffectual throughout the game, as shown by the opponents score, so one might consider “adjusting”  one’s defensive play calling to mitigate the lack of defensive effectiveness…, 😁👍 so yeah,  coach needed to make adjustments from the get go, and “seemingly” just stuck with a series of play calling/ game plan that was obviously not effective…, yes hind sight is awesome 😁 

Go Bills!!!

So could they have mixed some stuff up more against the Chiefs? Definitely. But their plan was to stay patient. That was the plan week 5, it worked and until the final 2 minutes it didn't do badly in the playoff game. You are right to say an obvious thing to do vs KC was to get more aggressive with the corners at the line. That is a personnel issue. They don't trust Wallace and Jackson to do that and recover if they get beat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.